SVB vs Strickland race to 11 on 8/22/18 6pm EST

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like these exhibition matches. Race to 11 is perfect. Even 9 is great. Anything longer, is just a pain in the ass to watch as a spectator.

Who cares if they are not putting up any cash. That ship sailed 20 years ago. This is how you prove who is best "today". Exhibition matches, and tournament wins. Gambling is forever gone.

All the backers with extra paper money cash are gone from pool. All the drug dealers, pimps, loan sharks, and card game boss's (rake). That is why there is no longer "action matches" in pool. This free paper money put up by the backers went away with the backers.

Exhibitions are better. Pay or sponsor both players for their performance. And we, the fans, get to watch a treat. Anyone who thinks these players aren't playing their best, in this format, "today", is nuts.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like these exhibition matches. Race to 11 is perfect. Even 9 is great. Anything longer, is just a pain in the ass to watch as a spectator.

Who cares if they are not putting up any cash. That ship sailed 20 years ago. This is how you prove who is best "today". Exhibition matches, and tournament wins. Gambling is forever gone.

All the backers with extra paper money cash are gone from pool. All the drug dealers, pimps, loan sharks, and card game boss's (rake). That is why there is no longer "action matches" in pool. This free paper money put up by the backers went away with the backers.

Exhibitions are better. Pay or sponsor both players for their performance. And we, the fans, get to watch a treat. Anyone who thinks these players aren't playing their best, in this format, "today", is nuts.

You are exactly correct. There are no big backers and non pool related corporate sponsors.

If we support pool like this, even on a smaller scale, it benefits the pro players, fosters intrest in the game and keeps it going.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
You can watch secretly...we won't tell.

Every event people crowd to watch Strickland over all others....because the man does things with the cueball that even top pros can't. If you are a fan of pool you have to be a fan of Earl at some level.

If people want to bet against Earl make sure they don't give up too many games because the man can still flat out play. Anybody gives more than a game will be sweating. Or they could give odds on the money. So what's the line?

What exactly does that stain do with the cue ball, that others can't? Knock it off the table with the side of his stick better? Slam it into the table harder with his hand? I'm curious, cuz he certainly can't do anything with a pool stick, that Shane, Dennis, Efren, Alex, etc..can't do.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What exactly does that stain do with the cue ball, that others can't? Knock it off the table with the side of his stick better? Slam it into the table harder with his hand? I'm curious, cuz he certainly can't do anything with a pool stick, that Shane, Dennis, Efren, Alex, etc..can't do.

The man has done so much in this game. He is the biggest draw at any tournament. We are bring this event to promote the game and offer it free to fans. If you are not a fan....don't watch.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I never mentioned watching, nor did I dog on your promotion, or dog on you for having Earl on stream. Yes he's revenue, hell I would do the same thing, and I can'tstand the guy :thumbup:.
I asked what he can do with the cue all others can't?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never mentioned watching, nor did I dog on your promotion, or dog on you for having Earl on stream. Yes he's revenue, hell I would do the same thing, and I can'tstand the guy :thumbup:.
I asked what he can do with the cue all others can't?

Come to Syracuse...play me even and he can give you the Orange Crush. You would learn all you want to know.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Come to Syracuse...play me even and he can give you the Orange Crush. You would learn all you want to know.

Negative, I've seen all I want to see of him. Anything someone might learn from him, happened years ago. I would rather get the 2 through, from Shane :thumbup:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This.

Trying to watch an Earl match is perpetually disappointing. Antics are fine with me. Raking balls and making a mockery out of matches isn't. He's like a dad that doesn't show up to see his son on his birthday. Fans come to watch him and it's not about them, it's all about his dissatisfaction. It's really too bad.

I won't be secretly watching. The fans that crowd to him are still holding out hope he won't let them down. For me that ship has sailed.

I understand what your staying but Earl, the man, has MORE THAN paid his dues.

Even at his very worst, he is still the PEARL.

Rake

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This.

Trying to watch an Earl match is perpetually disappointing. Antics are fine with me. Raking balls and making a mockery out of matches isn't. He's like a dad that doesn't show up to see his son on his birthday. Fans come to watch him and it's not about them, it's all about his dissatisfaction. It's really too bad.

I won't be secretly watching. The fans that crowd to him are still holding out hope he won't let them down. For me that ship has sailed.
Free country, but you are the minority. At Turning Stone or DCC I know that EARL is the biggest draw in the room.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We at Salt City Billiards are partnering with Mike TV to bring the stream Free Of Charge. Mike is very dedicated to bring pool to the fans and his work is superb. He is bringing this stream to you to showcase his work. This gives us a much bigger audience to enjoy this event. Thank you Mike for all you do to promote this game.

AUGUST 22nd 6:00 EST WEDNESDAY

Salt City Billiards & TvMike's Billiardnet.tv Presents

Salt City Challenge III

Shane Van Boeing Vs Earl Strickland

Race to 11 - Winner Breaks - Joss Rules

We also will be streaming the Salt City Open III - Pre Turning Stone Warmup Tournament right after the challenge match. Other top pros will be in the Open tournament, including SVB, Strickland and Thorpe.

Produced by TvMike

LIVE on both.

The Salt City Billiards Facebook Page - No registration required.

The Salt City Billiards channel on Billiardnet @ www.saltcity.live

* Free Registration Required
* Optional paid subscription for HD quality and complete access to all events archives and multiple channel live streaming.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
All this bellyaching is unbelievable. We are getting to watch a free match with two of the greatest to play the game. You could stick a gold spoon up some people’s ass and they would complain it’s not silver. Unreal...

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Salt City Billiards Open III and Exhibition

Salt City Billiards Open III and Exhibition

Attachments

• received_290055631760246.jpg
    received_290055631760246.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 454

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't care much for Earl belittling his opponent, but anybody has to admire his nine ball game. Watching him pocket balls, and then get down on the next shot, before the cue ball even gets there, is amazing.