CJ Wiley VS Steve Mizerak - Sands Regent XIII - June 1991

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good stuff. I really dig Mizerak and love to watch those old videos.

It's a little sad to see him when he was getting so big.

His cheesy beer commercials helped keep pool in the public eye.

Beyond all that, I just love to watch him play.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His is a GREAT match! Saw this on FB.

Man is CJ confident and on fire. 45 second shot clock per shot? Pttthh. CJ runs racks in 45 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o.g. (old guy)

mark
Silver Member
Very impressive shooting by C.J. Sure makes me miss those great tournaments at the Sands in Reno. Thanks for posting.

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe a TOI helped CJ. :)
Does anybody notice how Wiley's cue ball seems to " Casually stroll" to it's next destination after making contact with the OB? That's the T.O.I effect. It's not exactly what he teaches on his video. His video targets intermediate players who are new to T.O.I. When starting out he teaches going out as far from verticle center as a full tip.

In his writings however, he used to sometimes get into what could be looked forward to if the student stuck with T.O.I while becoming an advanced player. At this point you're often only going a millimeter or two inside verticle center, aiming at the side of the pocket and deflecting the ball into the center. ( The 3 part pocket system!)

When doing this, the cue ball moves in a distinctive manner after making contact with the object ball. Please don't anybody ask me what I mean by the phrase " Casual stroll." It's the best description I could come up with. Any of you T.O.I.ers out there.........Help me out!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody notice how Wiley's cue ball seems to " Casually stroll" to it's next destination after making contact with the OB? That's the T.O.I effect. It's not exactly what he teaches on his video. His video targets intermediate players who are new to T.O.I. When starting out he teaches going out as far from verticle center as a full tip.

In his writings however, he used to sometimes get into what could be looked forward to if the student stuck with T.O.I while becoming an advanced player. At this point you're often only going a millimeter or two inside verticle center, aiming at the side of the pocket and deflecting the ball into the center. ( The 3 part pocket system!)

When doing this, the cue ball moves in a distinctive manner after making contact with the object ball. Please don't anybody ask me what I mean by the phrase " Casual stroll." It's the best description I could come up with. Any of you T.O.I.ers out there.........Help me out!

I gave up trying to explain it. I just use it. Everybody else will have to figure it out for themselves.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

Attachments

• 431F2A0A-BF97-4A73-89B9-B36B237C5E2F.jpeg
    431F2A0A-BF97-4A73-89B9-B36B237C5E2F.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 441