how to know exact were to put the foot spot sticker

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table is missing a foot spot sticker and I got one to install on it. How do I know exact were it should go . Is there a precise measurement , Thanks

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Using the center of the sticker you line that up with the short rail second diamond and the center diamond of the short rail or the center diamond of the foot rail. Easier to understand on a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMG_1713.JPGIMG_1715.JPGIMG_1714.JPGIMG_1716.JPG

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're that CERNed, put crosshairs on the spot and lay chalklines across the spot spot. Oh yeah, that ^^^ too. (slow pics)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put a piece of kite string on the exact center of the diamond marker, and stuck it there with some tape. Did it across the table. Then used a square resting on the bed cloth to barely touch the string, and mark on the cloth that where that string line is.

I actually drew lines on the entire table using this method. So my cloth has all the grid lines of each diamond with thin magic marker. I also bought a long straight edge from Home Depot for like $20, and cut it to the exact length so it fit right under the cushions, so I can mark a line all the way across the table in one motion.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
String or floss and some tape will also don't that exact center too.

That’s pretty much what I do when I set up the table. I use string on the width and a laser for the length.

I just literally did the rack outline. What does everyone think of doing the rack outline? Image1599796366.314880.jpgMy cloth I am changing this weekend so I wanted to see how it looks first.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The table is missing a foot spot sticker and I got one to install on it. How do I know exact were it should go . Is there a precise measurement , Thanks

The mechanics I know have two strings with weights on each end. They lay one on the center line and one across the foot string diamonds, then those crosshairs are the exact center of the spot.

Thin Slice, the rack outline looks great. What did you use to mark it? I like the light color.

Last edited:

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just literally did the rack outline. What does everyone think of doing the rack outline?

It's a must if you want to play straight pool, but I'd do it regardless. I wish pool halls would do this as standard.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The mechanics I know have two strings with weights on each end. They lay one on the center line and one across the foot string diamonds, then those crosshairs are the exact center of the spot.

Thin Slice, the rack outline looks great. What did you use to mark it? I like the light color.

Hi Tate, here is what I use on my tables. I like white better than black on most colors for sure. Easier on the eyes and classier in my opinion. IMG_0201.JPG

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rack outline looks terrible. It is more of a distraction than an aid.
If anything, just a single rack outline is all that’s needed but this one
looks awful. Maybe others find it helpful & unobtrusive but not IMO.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I was told this, just two weeks ago by Dave Isaccs, 10 yr factory Diamond table installer.

He measures the distance between the nose of the two long rails two diamonds out from the foot.

Half that distance is your distance from the foot nose center spot to the spot.

Talked with Massey this last week, tho he see's the table allot different than us all.

He said in his mind, he draws an X. Meaning a line from the center of the corner pocket to the center of the opposing side pocket, and vise versa.

The intersection of these two lines gives him the spot.

That's a perspective I've not thought of for many decades. I'm sure many here have offered up what's right.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9b on spot....??

Another spot question: How much further out is the location for the front ball when placing 9ball on the spot? I guess what i'm asking is how far from the center of the 9b is the center of the head ball. Thanx

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1b: d=2.25
9b: r=1.25

That was in tucker's racking secrets early draft but freddie b made him remove it, coz some stuff must be kept secrits.
Haven't had enuff java, what does the "r=1.25" represent?? BTW, thanks for the replies guys.