SVB vs. world #1 Thorsten Hohmann LIVE @ 11am PST

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
I just got confirmation from Justin that this mornings first LIVE STREAM from the RIO will be Shane Van Boening vs the top ranked player in the world Thorsten Hohmann. Its 10 ball race to 9. Ken Shuman will have all the particulars when the stream starts. CSI is streaming matches every 2 hours today for a total of at least 4 ten ball matches.
Thanks to Mark Griffen, Justin Collett and the rest of the CSI team for making these match ups happen.

I think SVB will be in top form after getting beat last night by Pin Yi Ko.

for only $15 I get to watch SVB play the world #1 LIVE.
SWEEEEET

Gordon Graham
425-275-8255
Seattle/VEGAS

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
BY WPA rankings yes...

By money won, Shane has been number one for like the last seven years.

Jaden

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got confirmation from Justin that this mornings first LIVE STREAM from the RIO will be Shane Van Boening vs the top ranked player in the world Thorsten Hohmann. Its 10 ball race to 9. Ken Shuman will have all the particulars when the stream starts. CSI is streaming matches every 2 hours today for a total of at least 4 ten ball matches.
Thanks to Mark Griffen, Justin Collett and the rest of the CSI team for making these match ups happen.

I think SVB will be in top form after getting beat last night by Pin Yi Ko.

for only $15 I get to watch SVB play the world #1 LIVE.
SWEEEEET

Gordon Graham
425-275-8255
Seattle/VEGAS

So only 4 matches will be streamed today? I thought there are 5 sessions today? Also, they listed 2 matches per session. So they are only streaming one match per session? Are they also going to have at least provide live scoring for the other match?

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By money won, Shane has been number one for like the last seven years.

Jaden

The AZB money list isn't the be all,end all some make it out to be. For one thing, not all tournaments get entered. Second, it includes challenge matches like TAR, where only a select few get invited to play, and it's 1-on-1.

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
I think your right

So only 4 matches will be streamed today? I thought there are 5 sessions today? Also, they listed 2 matches per session. So they are only streaming one match per session? Are they also going to have at least provide live scoring for the other match?

I think your right about the 5 sessions, I was unsure and didnt want to overadvertise.

Only one TV table so I guess one match streamed per session

Ken has been giving verbal updates on the other match

Gordon

Last edited:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The AZB money list isn't the be all,end all some make it out to be. For one thing, not all tournaments get entered. Second, it includes challenge matches like TAR, where only a select few get invited to play, and it's 1-on-1.

Good point, leto. AZB ranking list is merely a baseline.
It by no way denotes true world rankings.

At this point I think it's safe to say that anyone on the
Top 10 AZB money list can win (or lose) against any of those same top ranked players.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Who said...

Who said I was referring to the AZ money list????

Jaden

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.playcsipool.com/Events/UpcomingEvents/2014CSIInvitationals/ScheduleResults.aspx
Ya will be 10 matches on first day and total 27 matches for this tourney
CSI mentioned 70 hours for for 3 challenges + 2 tourneys (27 matches each) so that works out to more like 1 match streamed per session instead 2 matches
All matches in round robin group will be race to 8

http://www.playcsipool.com/Events/UpcomingEvents/2014CSIInvitationals.aspx
Hard to call even winners of each group since there are at least 3 in each group that can win the group and go into semifinals.
Don't like that only the group winner (i.e. 25%) gets into knockout stage instead of 2 from each group

Most sports (eg tennis) proritise the governing body world rankings and prizemoney rankings is just supplement. Prizemoney is skewed and not very proportionate representation eg. recent World 9 ball only paid $30K to champion. Also the prizemoney rankings includes team competition like Mosconi, World Cup of pool, World team
The WPA world ranking is not perfect but would be more representative:)

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5-1 toasty and hes breaking. shanes chances of pulling this one off is about 1% now.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Not sure I can remember seeing Shane like this. He's missed 3 or 4 balls already, several position errors, and at least 1 scratch. I don't doubt his resiliency though.

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
last night

Not sure I can remember seeing Shane like this. He's missed 3 or 4 balls already, several position errors, and at least 1 scratch. I don't doubt his resiliency though.

That is the way he played last night as well. Ko was not much better.