Taig CNC Mill & Dayjob shop show and tell

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Youtube link: https://youtu.be/SaruAJuFNz4

Here in this video I'm using a force gage to compare the old steppers to the new servos.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 12.28.22 AM.jpg

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All good things must come to an end. I tore down my setup at the day job today. I was laid off due to the corona. I may be rehired later in the year, if the company itself survives.

I lugged the machine home and will set it back up in a few days to continue work on upgrading to the servos. I may also consider selling it, unknown.

IMG_5858.jpeg

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All good things must come to an end. I tore down my setup at the day job today. I was laid off due to the corona. I may be rehired later in the year, if the company itself survives.

I lugged the machine home and will set it back up in a few days to continue work on upgrading to the servos. I may also consider selling it, unknown.

View attachment 545508

I enjoyed all of your posts and pictures. I hope you are able to get back at it later this year. Good luck to you and the company.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/Wg8I5eFKgz0

I made a video in response to a question on another thread, and thought it was appropriate for this thread also. Enjoy:)

Topics covered:
-How to home a hobby CNC machine that does not have limit switches.
-How to set up soft limits in Mach 3.
-How to set safe Z in Mach 3.
-How to set Z28 position in Mach 3.
-How to set work offsets in Mach 3.
-How to park and start the machine so you don't have to set home with an indicator every time you power up the machine and software.
-A better free screenset for Mach 3.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks to me that you can make things for others and form your own company working from home. Just really great video's and thanks for taking the time and doing these very informative video's.
I am staggered at what can be made on 3d printers these days and just a basic router and the accuracy that can be achieved with great care.
Thanks again.
Neil Lickfold