View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
Shawn Armstrong
Abooboo No Neck
Shawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-27-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed1894
Joss is about the only cue that I haven't hit or owned (other than the really nice high dollar cues). I've always heard good things about them so I may get one and give it a try. What should I expect? Any thoughts?

Also, I noticed that the pro taper is 13.25mm. Does this also mean that the tip diameter is also 13.25 vs. a standard 13mm or 12.75mm? If so, what's the benifit of a 13.25 tip?

thanks, JED
Just got my custom Joss cue last week. Sweetest piece of wood I've ever hit balls with, and I've owned custom cues by people with "names" in the industry. $750 for a cue that would have costed thousands from a "custom" cuemaker.

My feeling on custom cuemakers is this. If you were going to have laser eye surgery done, would you go with the guy that performs thousands of flawless operations per year, or the guy that does 100? If Joss is able to pump out that many cues without flaws, maybe they build a cue worthy of recognition? Just my $0.02............

You cannot go wrong with a Joss.