Name your TOP 5 IPT Las Vegas players. Who's your dark horse?

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only about 2 weeks to go before the much awaited IPT Las Vegas tournament. Who do you think will be in the top 5? Who's your dark horse?

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Charlie Bryant
Danny Basavich
John Schmidt
Scotty Townsend
Goerge Breedlove

No particular order.

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Reyes
Orcullo
Manalo
Bustamante
Archer

My dark horses are Edwin Montal, Shane VanBoening, and David Matlock. All are amazing 8ball barbox players.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since there will be 6 players in the final round robin, I'm going to name my final 6 instead of 5.

Final Round Robin:
Orcullo
Pagulayan
Reyes
Manalo
Lining
Souquet

Finals:
Orcullo
Pagulayan

Winner:
Pagulayan

Dark Horse:
Edwin Montal

time_is_now

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jsp said:
Since there will be 6 players in the final round robin, I'm going to name my final 6 instead of 5.

Final Round Robin:
Orcullo
Pagulayan
Reyes
Manalo
Lining
Souquet

Finals:
Orcullo
Pagulayan

Winner:
Pagulayan

Dark Horse:
Edwin Montal
is azbilliards going to bring back virtual cash>??? also where can one bet on this tourney at??? i like Shane

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
mnorwood said:
Charlie Bryant
Danny Basavich
John Schmidt
Scotty Townsend
Goerge Breedlove

No particular order.
Holy crap. No Manalo??

Last edited:

Dave Mackay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there might be a surprise in store for some Big name players, watch out for DAZ APPLETON from the uk he is no eightball slouch!!!!! he won the grandmasters at bca and is a top uk 8ball player and also a dam good 9ball player reaching a eurotour final when he never seems to play the game!!!!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My top five
Reyes
Manalo
Hohmann
Souquet
Archer

My dark horses
Engert
Varner
Deuel
Foldes
Robles

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Manalo
Reyes
Souquet
Orcullo
Breedlove
and 2 dark horses --- Brian Groce and Troy Frank

Best of luck to Tammie Jones, I think she may surprise a few people.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Hal said:
Holy crap. No Manalo??
I have Manalo as a odds on favorite. I was listing dark horses that no one really expects to win.

My favorites are:

Reyes
Manalo
Pagulayen
Bustamante
Orcola

Yeah that's right all five of my picks are phillipino. It would be hard to bet against any of these guys. My other picks are dark horses, they have the ability to win but the conventional wisdom says they will not.

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member
f210 said:
Only about 2 weeks to go before the much awaited IPT Las Vegas tournament. Who do you think will be in the top 5? Who's your dark horse?

Orcollo
Manalo
Reyes
Raj Hundal
David Alcaide - Spain

Dark Horses: Aaron Franken - Aruba
& Robb Saez

Eieio59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
satman said:
Manalo
Reyes
Souquet
Orcullo
Breedlove

THANKS SATMAN! I'm getting excited now.......

Now, for my top picks...

MANALO! (I was a believer very early in the KOH :eek: )
REYES (may need a few magic tricks, but he has em)
BUSTA (this dog can hunt any type of animal!)
Richard Broumpton (the British are coming! and there are many of them!)
George Breedlove (may seem sentimental, but his strong focus will show)
Mark Tadd (terribly frightening that he can come back after a long absence and compete, but I'm a believer)

Top Woman Finisher: ME! :D (Well, I might consider Karen and Allison......)

Country with the most "unrecognized" *STARS* in this tournament: Great Britain! These guys play the game well and - although they may not do it in the first event or two - I think they will rise to the top.

My next five: Appleton, Daulton, Matlock, Groce, Souquet.

Oh heck, I'm gonna go watch some more of the Accustats 8-ball tapes!;)

Tammie Jones

Last edited:

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
My picks:

Orcullo
Manalo
Efren
Bustamante
Pagulayan
Souquet

Dark Horses:

Mike Vidas
Mike Zimmerman :D
Edwin Montal
Mark Tadd
Jason Miller
Vilmos Foldes

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
mnorwood said:
I have Manalo as a odds on favorite......

:eek: :eek: :eek:
An odds on favourite !!!! You miser !!!! One of the only things that can be absolutely stonewall guaranteed certain as regards The IPT Tour is that the opening betting market will have no odds on favourite or anything even remotely approaching an odds on favourite !!!!
:p :p

I know you didn't really mean that literally but since the subject comes up..........if we're talking about The NA Open,the shortest priced runner when the odds are eventually drawn up (which I imagine would not be finalised or fully refined until after the Group draws are made) will hopefully be an absolute rock bottom minimum of 12/1 and possibly significantly higher.This is a 200 runner field and even the most critical of some of the lesser lights on the runner list would have to agree that there at least 60 runners who could realistically win it,possibly a lot more.

If we are talking the betting market to finish top of the money list at the end of the four 2006 tour money list events the shortest priced runner will of course be slightly lower odds but will hopefully still be a minimum of 6/1 and possibly considerably higher.

Looking forward to an interesting betting market:D

thecardman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My picks for the final group phase are (and this is considering that the draw works in favour of this happening!):-

Efren Reyes
Darren Appleton
Pat Holtz
Marlon Manalo
Thorsten Hohmann
Mika Immonen

My "Dark Horses" are, very simply the rest of the UK 8-Ball players that are in the IPT! Simple as that! They are used to playing 8-Ball day in, day out, and are likely to cause, what some would consider, big upsets.

I look forward with interest to the Vegas tournament - oh, and the live coverage we're getting here in Europe thanks to Eurosport!

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
satman said:
Manalo
Reyes
Souquet
Orcullo
Breedlove

Satman,
Good choice of Troy Frank for a dark horse playing 8ball. That is by far his best game.

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is very strange in this thread that no one has mentioned the Best Player in the World, Mike Sigel.

If you don't believe it, just ask him