Dufferin question

jed1894

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found a couple left over Canadian-made Dufferins today at a billiard supply. However, I didn't notice until after I played with them at home that both shafts were about 1 1/2 shorter than my other cue shafts. These have the "Dufferin Games" on the butt and not the maple leaf (like my other Dufferin Sneaky). They seem to be about the length of a bar/house cue.

Do you thing the "Dufferin Games" series are made shorter, or did I just get shorter cues (child/woman's cue) by not paying attention?

Next, both seem to play fine....might even help my game. What's the thoughts on the shorter shafts or shorter cues? The butt is the same size as my other cues. ????

JED

jed1894

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did a little research while waiting for you guys to respond and found that "Dufferin games" was the name put on the cues when they were made in Canada (I pretty much knew this because it has a "made in Canada" sticker on the butt). I also found some old ones that were advertised "57 inches," the same that I have now. I didn't see any longer than that. However, that's an 1 1/2 inch short shaft than other cue shafts. Any Dufferin buffs out there know?

Also, I cannot find the pin size anywhere for this cue. It looks like a quick release 5/16 -18 but it's not--the threading is different and none of my cues will fit. Anyone know the thread size of these older Dufferin cues?

thanks, JED

jed1894

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a 3/8 -11 with a quick release (similiar to Viking quick release). My shurtz will thread but not all the way down.

jed1894

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pin size

I guess I'm going to order an OB-1 or something for my new Dufferin, but still nto able to fiqure the pin size. Can someone please tell how to fiqure it out?

It is piloted and it may be a 5/16 - 14, maybe? But my Shurtz is a 3/8 -11 and the shurtz shaft will screw down almost all the way....so could it be a 3/8 - 11 piloted? Any help is appreciated.

JED

jed1894

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

The Dufferin is a non-piloted 5/16 - 14. Now all I need is some regular size shafts and/or OB-1.

JED