How about that JOHN SCHMIDT???

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I thought I'd post this in the main section so more people might see it. Just wanted to send a big shout-out to John for his decisive victory last night against "The Machine."

If John rolled slightly different on two different shots, I think he would have run the entire set out. I personally think the win last night was huge for American 14.1. Everyone considers the Germans as being the dominant force in that game - it's nice to have one of our own show real well.

From the way he was stroking, I bet if they started the set again, the score would have been the same or maybe more distant, just my opinion based on how John was stroking.

BIG showing, John. Way to step-up when you had to and DELIVER when the camera was rolling.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:
I thought I'd post this in the main section so more people might see it. Just wanted to send a big shout-out to John for his decisive victory last night against "The Machine."

If John rolled slightly different on two different shots, I think he would have run the entire set out. I personally think the win last night was huge for American 14.1. Everyone considers the Germans as being the dominant force in that game - it's nice to have one of our own show real well.

From the way he was stroking, I bet if they started the set again, the score would have been the same or maybe more distant, just my opinion based on how John was stroking.

BIG showing, John. Way to step-up when you had to and DELIVER when the camera was rolling.

this should probably be in the 14.1 section Spidey, but Im not gonna say anything since I spend most of my time in the NPR section reading politics and religion now. :D I kid, I kid

Anyway, congrats to John and I hope he beats Danny this time since I've got some bets down on him again.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:

I watched John at the Desert Shootout here in Tempe last week and he is a very strong shooter. His 1st match was against one of the locals, Mike Sandoval. John was playing really well as well as getting all the rolls. He made some funny comments to the crowd throughout the match in regards to his luck as well. It was a pleasure to watch him play.
The funniest thing was when he was on the hill and had the 8, 9 and 10 left. He was shooting the 8 with extreme inside english and miscued. The 8 went two rails and into the side pocket. On the way to the side the 8 bumped the 9 to line it up for a dead nuts 9-10 combo for the set. Someone is the crowd (one of his friends I believe) said "WOW do you sell those cues? Everyone laughed and he sunk the combo for the set.
Later on I went up and introduced myself and he was very nice. A class act in my book.

Congratulations on your win John.

BVal

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
TheOne said:
Was wondering who won, well done John.

What was the score?

It was a shortened game, just to 125 I think.

I'm guessing, but I think it was 125-47? If I'm wrong, I'm sorry - just going off of memory-- I was a little buzzed last night.

By the way, I hope no one thinks I don't respect the Germans-- they all have my highest level of respect: Thorsten, Thomas, Ralf and Oliver! (EDIT: sorry, didn't mean to leave his name out - he is a given since he is the world champ).

Just saying I was PUMPED to see John dominate. :D

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:
this should probably be in the 14.1 section Spidey, but Im not gonna say anything since I spend most of my time in the NPR section reading politics and religion now. :D I kid, I kid

Anyway, congrats to John and I hope he beats Danny this time since I've got some bets down on him again.

Yeah, but I wanted more people to see the thread. 14.1 is pool-related, right? haha

av84fun

Banned
SpiderWebComm said:

I'm guessing, but I think it was 125-47? If I'm wrong, I'm sorry - just going off of memory-- I was a little buzzed last night.

By the way, I hope no one thinks I don't respect the Germans-- they all have my highest level of respect: Thorsten, Thomas, and Ralf.

You forgot Oliver! (-:

I agree...WAY TO GO JOHN!!

Oh beautiful, for spacious skies, for amber waives of grain!!

(-:

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
congratulations John!!!

i havent seen the match yet, but from what i've heard oliver was quite out of sorts as well.

and john made what i imagine is a VERY respectable 80-odd run on the tight tables and slow cloth, which essentially proved the difference.

Last edited:

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
I think the score was 125-70 something and I wouldn't call it a decisive win. If John wouldn't have missed at 123 or 122, then I would call it a decisive win. If Oliver wouldn't have got a bad roll off scratching off his break shot it couldn have easily been 125-123 Oliver. Nice match, though. Congrats John.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Congrats

to John. Nice to see a little 'old school' prevailing yet.

Most people probably think 14.1 is odds on a horse race.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John made an 84 ball run and missed a tough but makeable cut shot. He ran another 38 ball run and stopped at 122, but Oliver wasn't well oiled last night and his machine was all rusty and cranky. He did a lot of hit and hope and he paid the price.

John is a class act! I sat beside Tang Hoa and John was right in front of me while giving a free lesson on pool 101 to a model and Joe Rogan. He was entertaining every questions thrown at him from the rails. Joe Rogan is a great guy as well, they were both interacting with everybody!

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:

By the way, I hope no one thinks I don't respect the Germans-- they all have my highest level of respect: Thorsten, Thomas, Ralf and Oliver! (EDIT: sorry, didn't mean to leave his name out - he is a given since he is the world champ).

What the hell does last night have to do with it, you are buzzed every night:D :D :D