2006 VA State 9 Ball Championships

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
I'll probably make some mad by posting here but, oh well. The Mayor should have a little leeway shouldn't he.

I am letting everyone know that the 2006 VA State 9 Ball Champioships will be held this year. I have a great deal going on in my life, thats why it's a little later than usual.

Specifics:

Date: July 22-23
Place: The Playing Field
Entry Fee: $60.00
Field: 64 players- VA and DC residents only! No Age Limit!
Sponsors: Parrot Cues and The Playing Field
The Winner receives paid entry into the 2006 U.S. Open plus some expenses!

Flyers will be in every poolroom in the state and DC by next week.

FYI... If you want to play, get your $ in ASAP. Last year, I had 8 people on a waiting list going into the tournament.

For those of you who have any questions, PM me.

Looking forward to another year. Seeing some old friends, and making some new ones.

Joshua M. Dickerson
Tournament Director/Promoter

p.s. If anyone knows how I can post a copy of the flyer on here (it's a Word Doc) teach me.

JMD

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is in Virginia.....lolol... don't remember where though. Yo Mr. Mayor....in what city is playing fields located...Just so everybody knows and before they ask. Josh (JMD in Va.) is the newly appointed MAYOR of the CCB and the Annual International CCB Tournament at the U.S. Open.....see you soon Mr Mayor..............................mike

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
cueball1950 said:
It is in Virginia.....lolol... don't remember where though. Yo Mr. Mayor....in what city is playing fields located...Just so everybody knows and before they ask. Josh (JMD in Va.) is the newly appointed MAYOR of the CCB and the Annual International CCB Tournament at the U.S. Open.....see you soon Mr Mayor..............................mike
I believe the Playing Field is in Richmond, VA.

emptypockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Playing Field

ShaneT58 said:
It might help if you told us where The Playing Field is located. Thanks.

Playing Field
7801 W. Broad Street
Richmond, VA
Tele: (804) 755-7700

9 Ball Girl

aka Wendy
Silver Member
ef0fa569.jpg

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Yes, it's in Richmond

Yes it is in Richmond.

I have the first official big news for the tournament!

We will have a New Champion this year!

The Earthquake will be rumbling in Las Vegas for the IPT's 1st tournament of the year.

Best of luck, Keith!

We are prepared to take your entry fees. Already had calls on it today.

JMD in VA

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is like a soap opera...will Loar roar? Will Clatterbuck come up & fukc up those that seek the cup? Will Brandon be the man then? Will Dunn give all some? And Jordan? Can Kressel ressel on his home turf? And Shorty? Where is my stroke? I wanna play too! What about the young'ns (forgot their names!)?

ARRRE YOOU READYYY TOOO RUMMMMBLE?!?!

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JMD in VA said:
I'll probably make some mad by posting here but, oh well. The Mayor should have a little leeway shouldn't he.

I am letting everyone know that the 2006 VA State 9 Ball Champioships will be held this year. I have a great deal going on in my life, thats why it's a little later than usual.

Specifics:

Date: July 22-23
Place: The Playing Field
Entry Fee: $60.00
Field: 64 players- VA and DC residents only! No Age Limit!
Sponsors: Parrot Cues and The Playing Field
The Winner receives paid entry into the 2006 U.S. Open plus some expenses!

Flyers will be in every poolroom in the state and DC by next week.

FYI... If you want to play, get your $ in ASAP. Last year, I had 8 people on a waiting list going into the tournament.

For those of you who have any questions, PM me.

Looking forward to another year. Seeing some old friends, and making some new ones.

Joshua M. Dickerson
Tournament Director/Promoter

p.s. If anyone knows how I can post a copy of the flyer on here (it's a Word Doc) teach me.

JMD
I would be nice info ,But only player in va .dc can play that not cool can i play i do live in NC and my state is next to yours ???

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
deadstroke32 said:
I would be nice info ,But only player in va .dc can play that not cool can i play i do live in NC and my state is next to yours ???

I'll just bite my tounge...:eek:

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
What about the young'ns (forgot their names!)?
Chris Futrell qualifies as one of the "young'ns". He is still well in his teens and finished second to Keith McCready last year.

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Update 2006 VA State 9 Ball Championships

Just an update. Spots are filling up quickly. There are only about 20 spots open.

My thanks to the new owners of Obelisk Billiards down at the beach for holding the qualifiers they have held.

If you want a chance to represent your state in the 2006 US Open, come on and sign up. We'd love to have you.

Remember, when I get to 64 players, which is not far away, we will have a full field.

Thanks to those who have already signed up and I hope to see you all in July.

JMD in VA
VA State 9 Ball Championships
Tournament Director, Promoter

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh, we're wishing you the very best for the upcoming THIRD annual Virginia State 9-Ball Championship. You, Todd Elkins of Parrot Cues, The Playing Field, and the gentleman who makes those BEAUTIFUL championship plaques by hand from genuine Virginia trees have created an excellent pool happening for us all.:)

Though we will be in Vegas during this event, I most definitely will be following the forums, wanting to read all about it.:p

Here's a snapshot down memory lane at the first Virginia State 9-Ball Championship held in 2004, won by Chris Lauer (sp) from Fredericksburg, VA on the left, the charismatic and very handsome TD in the middle, and Keith as runner-up on the right.

JAM

Attachments

• chris lauer josh and keith at 2004 VA Champ.JPG
    chris lauer josh and keith at 2004 VA Champ.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 178

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
J

Here's a snapshot down memory lane at the first Virginia State 9-Ball Championship held in 2004, won by Chris Lauer (sp) from Fredericksburg, VA on the left, the charismatic and very handsome TD in the middle, and Keith as runner-up on the right.

JAM

Chris Loar.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
Chris Futrell qualifies as one of the "young'ns". He is still well in his teens and finished second to Keith McCready last year.

Chris Futrell was 16 years old last July, I think, and so this year, I'm sure the 17-year-old will be gunning for that almighty win and championship title. He's a very unique young man, mature beyond his years and one who is fortunate enough to be surrounded by a supportive and loving family. Though he has a great deal of passion for pool, he has his priorities in order and studies hard in school, first and foremost. I predict that he will again do well this year at The Playing Field.

Here's a pic of last year's 2005 Virginia State 9-Ball Championship winners circle, Young Gun Chris Futrell as runner-up on the left, one of Virginia's finest, TD Josh, in the middle, and Keith McCready who managed to score the big win last year. It sure was an honor for Keith to receive a FREE paid entry fee to the U.S. Open, worth $500, plus the additional tournament winnings AND represent the beautiful State of Virginia in Chesapeake Beach.

It is a happy memory for my camp, one which we will always cherish, and I still enjoy looking at those championship plaques which are on full display in my living room. The gentleman who makes these plaques also makes the ones for the U.S. Open. They sure are a beautiful keepsake! :)

Good luck, Josh, and please provide some updates for the inquiring minds like me! :D

JAM

Attachments

• 2005 va state 9 ball.JPG
    2005 va state 9 ball.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 137

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Will do. Will do. You do the same for us. I like to konw how our horse is running out west. It's gonna be almost like going home for him. Being so close to California. Will probably have some of his Cali supporters and friends make the trip to Vegas to chear him on.

I'll be in Herndon on the weekend of June 24 if you guys are going to be around. Would love to see you both.

JMD

quitecoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow ...i hope you guys come to richmond...I would like to meet some of you... I dont think im gona shoot ....not ready yet for that caliber of players...but there are some good shooter here in richmond and the local area...

Larry Kressel...has been hitting em good...

Larry Nevell aint but a hop skip and a jump from this tournament

Shorty ...years ago..all i could say was damn...what a shooter..dont know now..

Jordan...hell of shooter

Mike Glen...if he practices before the tourn...hard..damn..good shooter

Rick Dummas...good shooter...

Unfortunatly my pic of the litter has been in the hopital for a month...

Bernie Kirby...had major heart surgery..still in intensive care..but could shoot the paint off the balls

Keep him in your prayers

Take care and hope to see you guys there...

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member
JMD in VA said:

JMD

If you have Microsoft PowerPoint you should open the word document, then copy it by clicking on "Edit" and Select All.

Open Powerpoint in a blank page, then paste the word document. Make any necessary changes and then Save the document as a gif or jpg file.

Then you should be able to paste it here.

Harold