Last 4 Ever Tip Tool

1ab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried a number of tip tools in my day, and I usually had a tool for each process individually, shaping, scuffing,trimming, and burnishing. Now I not only have more room in my bag, but I'm convinced this tool will outlast me. It is simple to use and very practical tool that solves all my tip needs. Great product...Thanks Joel

the chicken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last 4 Ever

Yeah, same here. What I like about the tool is that:

1. The abrasive material doesn't fall off as the tool is being used.

2. While the abrasive may look coarse, it's actually doesn't remove that much of the tip. With a light touch, only the specific part of the tip is removed (or, as say in the ads, shaped).

I also have the Last 4 Ever burnisher. This is really very sweet, as the course side can be washed, restoring the product to like-new condition.

I've used about every tip tool there is, and Last 4 Ever products are all that I now carry in my case.

RedEyeJedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hear, hear. Haven't had one tip problem that couldn't be fixed in two minutes since meeting Joel and discovering his last4ever tool.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I have tried a number of tip tools in my day, and I usually had a tool for each process individually, shaping, scuffing,trimming, and burnishing. Now I not only have more room in my bag, but I'm convinced this tool will outlast me. It is simple to use and very practical tool that solves all my tip needs. Great product...Thanks Joel

I am in the Dark here, could you post a photo of it?

Thanks Craig

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am in the Dark here, could you post a photo of it?

Thanks Craig

manwon
post #5 has the link
here it is again
http://last4ever.net/Home_Page.html
there are photos and very short videos on using it
its a great all in one devise
the burnisher mentioned above could be a q-wiz with the last 4 ever logo
although the last4ever devise does have a side to burnish the tip
i really like this product
your thoughts would be appreciated since your contribute so much and are very knowledgeable
:thumbup:

Last edited:

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks!!!

I just ran across this thread... thanks for all the kind words

Joel

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I carried a Willard Shaper for years in my cue case. About 7 months ago I bought a Last-4-Ever tool and have used only it since then. I bought the aluminum one instead of the wood one. It's a great tool and it will last forever. Don't leave home without it....

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I've used a lot of tip tool devices in my life but I have never used one that is as functional as www.last4ever.net

It is by far superior to anything I have used to date. It has gotten so bad at my pool room, that people are coming up to me and asking me to shape their tip, remove their mushrooms, etc. This is happening on a DAILY basis and while I like to try and help out anyone from time to time, I have some of my buddies, digging in my cue case on a daily basis. WTH?

I'm going to buy another tip tool and put it in the pool rooms case and point them to the case to buy their own. I mean really, if the tool is that good, everyone ought to own one.

Me, I like the aluminum one and have the nickel radius but am ordering the dime radius so I will have both for me to use.

Not sure which one I will buy for the pool room's sales. Any suggestions, dime or nickel?

RadicalOne

PBIA Certified Instructor
Silver Member
Great Product - Extremely Useful

I was going to do a new review thread, but I saw this one and figured a bump is even better. Keep the product history together. Of all my "gadgets" Joel's Last 4 Ever Tip Tool gets the most use. I've been using the tool for the last 6 months. It gets used every day and is still going strong. I've had NO loss of "grit" or leather cutting power.

Last+4+Ever+Tip+Tool+-+1

Last+4+Ever+Tip+Tool+-+2

Last+4+Ever+Tip+Tool+-+3

Last+4+Ever+Tip+Tool+-+4

This is by far the best tip tool I have ever used. I order some from Joel every few months as I give them away as awards to my students and other people simply buy them off of me (I charge the same as Joel...). I keep both sizes in my instructor kit when demonstrating/teaching cue maintenance. They always come in handy to quickly whip a tip into shape. Joel has great instructions on how to use the tool on his website. Simply follow the links in the above threads or watch his videos.

None of the other multi-function tip tools that I've owned (and I've tried almost all of them) shape a tip "correctly" as fast as a Last 4 Ever tip tool. The only tool that can shape as quickly is a long tip file or "rasp sander"... but with those you don't get the other tools. Plus the latter are not easily kept in your pocket and sanders wear out too quickly.

Joel machines these himself and has tooling set up to install the abrasives. I like that he has a "D" or "N" stamped on both ends of the tool. This helps to quickly identify a Nickel or Dime radius.

This is a great tool! Joel ships his products quickly, communicates very well and is a pleasure to do business with.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would not be without them.
Joel makes a high quality product at a very reasonable price. Mine is over 2 years old and still going strong.
Joel is a easy going person to deal with as well.
I have tried to sell his stuff out here, but no takers so far. Their loss for sure.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would not be without them.
Joel makes a high quality product at a very reasonable price. Mine is over 2 years old and still going strong.
Joel is a easy going person to deal with as well.
I have tried to sell his stuff out here, but no takers so far. Their loss for sure.
Thanks for the support

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased both the nickel and dime shapes.

I can't actually say it's the best ever made since I don;t know every brand or type that's out there.

Nonetheless, I can state with certainty it is the best version shaper I have ever tried or owned.

Matt B

MalibuMike

Banned
Best Tip Shaper and scuffer Ever!

I have tried over a dozen different tip tools, from the Kamui one to the Tiger La Mignifcant, and the best one I have found to far is the Mezz Tip tool!
It just never wears down, its made from heat treated stainless steel incanel.
Its all you will ever need, and mabe a burnisher for the sides.
Mezz%20tip%20tool%20%20black.JPG

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have tried over a dozen different tip tools, from the Kamui one to the Tiger La Mignifcant, and the best one I have found to far is the Mezz Tip tool!
It just never wears down, its made from heat treated stainless steel incanel.
Its all you will ever need, and mabe a burnisher for the sides.

I wouldn't have gone there but since you did.... "the grind it in the hole" design offers ¼ of 1 square inch of abrasive surface to shape your tip, the Last4Ever has 1.5 square inches of abrasive surface to shape your tip. That is 600% more area, and, if you tried them both I am sure you would see the difference. Especially as it relates to the leather material getting clogged up in the abrasive material

I'm sure Mezz put's out a quality product and I'm glad you like it. You might want to try both tools before you declare one better than the other.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A little help please

OK, you all got me off my ass. In addition to the last4ever.com website, eBay & Amazon.com I now have a Facebook page for Last 4 Ever Tip Tools

Please go to https://www.facebook.com/last4evertiptools and if you "Like" the tool, please "Like" the page

Thanks all for your continued support

Joel

ps you can even see a video of me doing a demo on the tool