Pool Ball Collecting.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Some Romans, Old Misc. tray of singles and a ball display with Hexagonal balls...

JV

Attachments

• roman_balls_hi.jpg
    roman_balls_hi.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,898
  • oldballs_hi.jpg
    oldballs_hi.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,889
  • balldisplay_hi.jpg
    balldisplay_hi.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,744

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Some Romans, Old Misc. tray of singles and a ball display with Hexagonal balls...

JV

Good afternoon, sir.

I love your pool ball collection, thank you so much for sharing the photographs. If you ever decide to sell in the future, please allow me to be one of the bidders.

Kind regards,
RC.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
This isn't an unusual set, but a nice one. From the mid-70s, a nice set of Hyatt Vitallite balls. At that time, I believe they may have been just a step below the Centennial, and before Hyatt became, or was sold to Aramith. Not sure whether these were made in Albany, NY, or Belgium. Might have been Albany. Notice the red dash cue ball? Not the original cue ball with the set, but one I bought at the same time. It was considered a premium cue ball at the time. Oldies, but goodies.

All the best,
WW

Good afternoon, sir.

That is a lovely old set indeed! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures.

Kind regards,
RC

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Good afternoon, sir.

I love your pool ball collection, thank you so much for sharing the photographs. If you ever decide to sell in the future, please allow me to be one of the bidders.

Kind regards,
RC.

RC,
Send me your e-mail address and we'll start a little dialog...

JV

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1458690724.335968.jpg

This set by Vigma is an interesting change to playing rotation type games such as 10.5 Straight Rotation or Fargo.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, K2K.

Another great set, sir. That's a Russian pyramid set, is it not? I'd be interested if you had managed to source a 2.25 pack as they're usually a mighty 2.67!

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why yes indeed - that set is 2.25" as can be gleaned from the standard ball tray they reside in - and they play as nicely as this "slightly" larger cousin...

c6d72db18abe5b941bde9f0d675c101e.jpg

d778fbb179b7c252b60c2cc502dcccc2.jpg

which still play nicely on your standard rail height tables while adding a new challenge with their increased diameter and weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2.25 inch snooker set with numbered colours for the American market.

bf3w3b.jpg

Cube, the colors on the numbered balls are all way off, I hope you got a good discount because of it Back in the 90's didn't they make elephant balls that looked like marble or something like that?

DA\/E

If I might be indulged in a slight off topic question to the OP (and forgive me if someone else has asked you this). Do you have a similar interest in Rubiks Cubes as you do pool balls ? I think I read you are from UK. The colour scheme on the cube in your avatar is interesting.

Cheers - Dave.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cube, the colors on the numbered balls are all way off, I hope you got a good discount because of it Back in the 90's didn't they make elephant balls that looked like marble or something like that?

Hello, BmoreMoney --

Here is Aramith's latest version of the American Snooker set with the numbers appropriately marked and colors similar to the unnumbered English snooker version...the difference being the number 4 ball is brown in the unnumbered sets, like the second pic I show here for a set I play on 8' and 9' tables called 10 Reds instead of using 15 reds which tend to clutter smaller tables.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1458733899.424626.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1458734035.181502.jpg

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
If I might be indulged in a slight off topic question to the OP (and forgive me if someone else has asked you this). Do you have a similar interest in Rubiks Cubes as you do pool balls ? I think I read you are from UK. The colour scheme on the cube in your avatar is interesting.

Cheers - Dave.

Good afternoon, Dave.

I do indeed have an interest in Rubik's Cube. Genius is a word bandied about far too casually these days, but I consider Erno Rubik to be the genuine article and his invention the greatest toy of the twentieth century.

I received a cube on my tenth birthday and it took me six to eight months to master. I'm not one of those savants who can complete it in ten seconds, alas, but have managed under a minute once or twice with luck.

Many thanks for your interest.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good afternoon, BMM.

I think the dodgy colours might have more to do with my poor photography than Aramith's quality control, but agree that the brown 4 spot is a tad too close to the reds.

Cheers,
RC.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Heres a few of the Hyatts we have in the collection - not shown are the bicentennial romaniques from 1976

20160323_111140~2.jpg

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about another change of pace for you English snooker fans as well as the German Raschig ball fans that don't have a set of those relatively rare balls - YET.....here's a 9 BALL game set I put together with the latest generation, always impressive, Aramith balls and one unique striped "9 ball".

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1458780808.872870.jpg