Matlock vs Keither

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the odds of this going off?

JAM seems to think it is all wishful thinking.

I just learned of this a few days ago, though, apparently, there have been rumblings behind the scenes for a little while now.

Keith said he's spoken to Dave as well as Ray Hansen. Dave is 100 percent excited about the match-up when he spoke to Keith. Ray, according to Keith, is still working on a few logistical matters and other ingredients necessary to bring this to fruition.

Me personally, I have my own thoughts about Keith traveling to the Midwest to do this match.

We have a mutual friend that I am trying to get ahold of to accompany Keith if this match gets the green light.

Keith in a pool room is like a kid in a candy store, and he hasn't eaten any sweets in a long, long while. It's important that he enjoy the candy in moderation, speaking as the logical one of our family. :)

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just learned of this a few days ago, though, apparently, there have been rumblings behind the scenes for a little while now.

Keith said he's spoken to Dave as well as Ray Hansen. Dave is 100 percent excited about the match-up when he spoke to Keith. Ray, according to Keith, is still working on a few logistical matters and other ingredients necessary to bring this to fruition.

Me personally, I have my own thoughts about Keith traveling to the Midwest to do this match.

We have a mutual friend that I am trying to get ahold of to accompany Keith if this match gets the green light.

Keith in a pool room is like a kid in a candy store, and he hasn't eaten any sweets in a long, long while. It's important that he enjoy the candy in moderation, speaking as the logical one of our family. :)

I was gonna offer but after I read half way through this I realized it would like the blind leading the blind . I watched Keith play at CJs Billiard Palace in late 80s early 90s and it was amazing , exciting and of course amusing . I learned so much that week watching him work the whole room . I quit for 20 years raised kids and now back out here running around like the old days having fun . Action every town I go through it's just like it use to be Keith .I remember what he told me one time ( Every town has a believer) that's so true , heck they usually have 5-10 lol . We would either bust the entire pool room or go bust . That's after he beats Dave of course. Great to hear he hasn't changed I'm definitely going up for this EPIC MATCH!!!!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

lol.

You're usually not that understated.

Lou Figueroa

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good chance this match is going to really happen guys :eek:

We are looking for a venue to host it. :smile:

Capture.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't that a smoking room?

I think- understandably- that would make it a non-starter.
NOPE. Non-smoking for a couple years now. This is centrally located, lots of parking, hotels close by plus its run by one of the best operators in the country, Dan Tull.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i can not think of a game i would rather see

is that a new valley table,are they still making then?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
where did youget that table

are they still being sold

this is my favorite kind of pool matches
one on one

i applaud what you are doing for the sport

i would like to see efren vs nick varner one pocket and straight pool

billy vs braunback banks

gabe vs tony
partners one pocket with alex and efren vs the world

not to take away from this great bar box match which is really a great idea

too bad joe salazar doesn't play the winner,joe was as good as i ever saw
i would put up the quarter if he challenges the winner

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I've been gone for a few days. I think this should be the BIG BALL and I also think Bernardo Chavez....King Kong should be the ''rack boy'' for this when it happens. I've driven that route to Olathe sooooooooo many times, and the room is perfect. Even Cornbread Red has Played there, and one time my daughter age 13 at the time....in perfect penmanship wrote down all the Calcutta players names and amounts. I have NEVER in my life, seen a legible Calcutta list, where I was able to read EVERY name, and they were all spelled correctly. :thumbup:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
That is good news for Olathe, then.

My favorite room is fast eddies in Springfield...and I don’t even smoke anymore lol. I do smoke sometimes when I’m in there just to feel like it’s the good ol days. I just like the smell of the Smokey pool room.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorite room is fast eddies in Springfield...and I don’t even smoke anymore lol. I do smoke sometimes when I’m in there just to feel like it’s the good ol days. I just like the smell of the Smokey pool room.

Doesn't bug me when I am there, but my clothes the next day provoke a different reaction.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
At this stage of their lives....I’d like to see Keith and David do an exhibition tour.
...they have both earned it.

THE BIG BALL TOUR

View attachment 520991

I would tend to agree that this would be a stellar way to showcase these two warriors,
both genuine lions in their prime.

Set up a tour, make it competitive but also fun for both of them.

A LOT of people would flock to see the traveling exhibition, surely.
And, have no doubt, they are both still lions.

Will Prout

Last edited:

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good chance this match is going to really happen guys :eek:

We are looking for a venue to host it. :smile:

View attachment 522770

You all ready going to be in Kansas with the Iceberg vs. SVB match...Shooters would be nice.

I dont think it would be fair though. Double up in Wichita...I could just be greedy though.

Having champions keep coming to town would be nice. Might have to take the whole month

of August off.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
better be at shooters so I can drive 30mins to watch....Dave sits and watches me hit balls all the time and it makes me nervous lol I could play with 100 people watching and be fine...but i know Dave is thinking in his head " what is this clown doing hitting the ball like that" lol

I'm around Wichata area now fishing 🎣 but wouldn't mind coming inside for a day or two and playing some One pocket or 9ball sir ! What pool room and Day are you around? PM me if you are interested thanks

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Well, this is good info. Keith hasn't hit a ball, and Dave's working in a top pool room. Dave will not only have the home team advantage, but he's been playing, I'm sure.

Dave is a player with a lot of determination and has a serious tableside demeanor, and Keith is, well, Keith. I'm not sure about this match-up. :embarrassed2:

It might be fun, of course, but I don't think it's going to happen. At least I haven't heard anything about it.

I saw him come out of retirement year before last to play a little 10 Ball in MD...He still plays VERY sporty. This would be a very stream worthy event if it ever happens, and viewers won't be disappointed.