To all mechanics who post in this forum.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yep........in real life the best mechanics don't really have the time to visit here. Most are contracted out on a 12 mth basis around the country for different rooms, different times of the year....lots of travel time. I wonder how many good techs come here, to learn from this website.

When I first started posting here on AZB, it was at the request of several people in the business. My first 5 posts were questions for anyone to answer, about working on pool tables. After enough time had passed, and everyone who tried to answer them, it gave me a pretty good in depth look into the knowledge of the mechanics working on pool tables that were posting here. I finally had to answer my own questions, must to the delight of all those that tried to answer them already. The answers were short and sweet, but made so much since, since then I know for sure many of the mechanics who post here, still use my tricks today.
One of my first questions was how do you sand the facings flush to the cushions and rails to perfection without wasting a lot of time. Today, I think every table mechanic owns the Makita 1 1/8th model 9031 belt sander, but at the time....no one had even heard of them.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yep........in real life the best mechanics don't really have the time to visit here. Most are contracted out on a 12 mth basis around the country for different rooms, different times of the year....lots of travel time. I wonder how many good techs come here, to learn from this website.

I beg to differ. I am busy all year and all over the country. I love my business and love this site. I come here daily. My opinion is that many of the other mechanics stopped coming here because of all the drama. I think the drama has surely slowed down for sure. I know I have been caught up in the drama with a couple of people, but, mainly stuck it out because I will not step down to someone who is disrespecting my work or my business.

I have made a vow to try to remain professional and only post positively.

Over time the forum will grow. I love to have people to chat with about modern billiard mechanic's and network with others in the business. Glen has helped so many others and has spent HOURS AND HOURS with me on the phone. I have an extreme amount of respect for him and appreciate how much he has done for our industry.

Trent from Toledo

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You're right, Bill. In real life, THE BEST MECHANICS don't really have time to visit here. After all, they have lives. Wives, kids, parents, church, Little League, you know, the stuff normal people enjoy in there limited spare time. Furthermore, they don't really need to come here because, as you say, they are the "best." They already know everything they need to know to give they customers excellent, honest, professional service.

Ironically, it is the aspiring tradespeople who come here, but they learned fast that they were, for the most part, only going to get smarmy responses and even, on occasion, downright abuse, and a regular menu of disgusting vulgar language.

BOXCAR

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You're right, Bill. In real life, THE BEST MECHANICS don't really have time to visit here. After all, they have lives. Wives, kids, parents, church, Little League, you know, the stuff normal people enjoy in there limited spare time. Furthermore, they don't really need to come here because, as you say, they are the "best." They already know everything they need to know to give they customers excellent, honest, professional service.

Ironically, it is the aspiring tradespeople who come here, but they learned fast that they were, for the most part, only going to get smarmy responses and even, on occasion, downright abuse, and a regular menu of disgusting vulgar language.

BOXCAR
It's funny how you make that assessment having been a member for only 6 months, while I've been posting on this forum for over 13 years. I've raised my kids, I'm single, been working on pool tables since the early 80's....but you seem to know what kind of life the Professional pool table mechanics lead....really?

You know what, YOU are the problem because you have nothing to contribute, and no one cares for the comments you DO make....so why do you even post here, you don't belong in this forum, other than to be a troll!!

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me get comfortable before this all blows up.

But, I am curious...isn’t everyone here a troll? Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Let me get comfortable before this all blows up.

But, I am curious...isn’t everyone here a troll? Just saying.

A TROLL is someone who's always sticking their nose in where it don't belong, are YOU a table mechanic?

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A TROLL is someone who's always sticking their nose in where it don't belong, are YOU a table mechanic?

That’s not a troll Glen. Not by any definition.

I am an “ask a mechanic” observer and learner.

Definition....

a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That’s not a troll Glen. Not by any definition.

I am an “ask a mechanic” observer and learner.

Definition....

a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.

No questions?? Ok then, what are you observing and learning about Iin my thread, that you feel the need to respond in??

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So then.....what's YOUR question?

My immediate question is why does this forum always seem to go off the rails?

Second question is how are those videos of the glue down method coming.

Third. I was reading some of your old posts. You mentioned you stretched cloth long ways down the center. Yet these days you recommend sis to side first. Did you change your method over the years?

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No questions?? Ok then, what are you observing and learning about Iin my thread, that you feel the need to respond in??

I could answer that also. You said you were leaving in your opening statement. But, you are still here. Were you having a moment or did you just want to see how people responded?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My immediate question is why does this forum always seem to go off the rails?

Second question is how are those videos of the glue down method coming.

Third. I was reading some of your old posts. You mentioned you stretched cloth long ways down the center. Yet these days you recommend sis to side first. Did you change your method over the years?

1) because some people just like sticking there nose where it don't belong.

2) I'm making the first of the glue down videos next week and they'll be free on all the cloth manufacturers websites as well as Diamonds website.

3) 2 will answer question 3.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also have one more question. Why is Trent such a brown noser? I mean even if you are the one he is entertaining it still has to become annoying. Like a younger brother asking you to take him everywhere you go. Sure it’s flattering but over time doesn’t that become obnoxious?

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) because some people just like sticking there nose where it don't belong.

2) I'm making the first of the glue down videos next week and they'll be free on all the cloth manufacturers websites as well as Diamonds website.

3) 2 will answer question 3.

How will 2 answer 3? Will you get into why it’s best to go side to side? I mean all the old timers would go lengthwise first but you now go side to side. What is the advantage. Other than keeping the slack in the center till you close the sides?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I could answer that also. You said you were leaving in your opening statement. But, you are still here. Were you having a moment or did you just want to see how people responded?

Is there a question in there somewhere about pool tables? And you wonder how things get off track???...LMAO

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I also have one more question. Why is Trent such a brown noser? I mean even if you are the one he is entertaining it still has to become annoying. Like a younger brother asking you to take him everywhere you go. Sure it’s flattering but over time doesn’t that become obnoxious?

And ANOTHER off track statement!! Was you asking a question about a pool table in all that BS??

realkingcobra

Silver Member
How will 2 answer 3? Will you get into why it’s best to go side to side? I mean all the old timers would go lengthwise first but you now go side to side. What is the advantage. Other than keeping the slack in the center till you close the sides?

I already answered your question, wait for the videos, they're self exploratory to ANYONE with common sense!!

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well so much for asking a mechanic. Have a nice evening Glen

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does I bird fly south for the winter? Because it has wings.