A new beginning for Greek Pool

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear friends from azbilliards,

I’m pleased to announce the establishment of HPBU (Hellenic Pocket Billiard Union) which will function as an official authority for Pool in Greece.
HPBU is a non profit union based exclusively on voluntary work, and has already obtained permission by EPBF (European Pocket Billiard Federation) to form player missions to the official European Championships 2015, between April 12th and 22nd, in Portugal.
I will be honored to be leading a union representing some of our finest players and champions like Alexander Kazakis (currently Eurotour ranked #23), Nick Malaj (currently Eurotour ranked #58), Andreas Koukiadakis (currently Eurotour ranked #56) and Nikos Ekonomopoulos, currently Eurotour ranked #4, 3rd finish in US open 9ball 2014, twice part of the winning Mosconi Team Europe in 2102 and 2014.
Our friends from azbilliards will soon be able to learn more about HPBU and follow our calendar – news through our already active facebook page (“HPBU”) and through our official website page, www.hpbu.gr
For any further information needed, you may contact me through my azb inbox.
Any kind of help will be gratefully welcomed.

In warm Pool greetings,

Petros Andrikopoulos, MD
President HPBU

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Best of luck. Nikos has been one of the pros I really enjoy watching play recently.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have followed Greek pool since you invited me to Kalamata many years ago. This was where I first Mr Econo. He has massively improved and I would rate him top `12 in the world now. The after tournament party was legendary and probably cost more than the prize money. Just whiskey, pepsi, pizza, pot belly dancers, smashed plates and dozens of 30 dollar boxes of Throwing Flowers. Congratulations on finally going respectable

Doug Gordon

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Petros, are you going to be at the EC? I'll be there as a referee. Come to say hello if you're there. Congrats with the new federation!:thumbup:

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately my work schedule is full and although I really wanted to be there, most likely I won't.
Best of luck with your referee duties!!
Petros