becue/revo/cuetec carbon fiber are not the holy grail..YIKES

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I HAVE TRIED ALL 3 AND HAVE RETURNED ALL 3...:eek::eek::eek:
i did not see any magical energy transfer/super spin generation/or better low deflection properties than my ob1+
maybe i dont play good enough to appreciate cabon fiber shafts
but its still the indian not the arrow and for me this was not a better arrow
jmho
icbw

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
i did not see any magical energy transfer/super spin generation/or better low deflection properties than my ob1+
jmho
icbw

They may not be the holy grail...but then what shaft/cue is???

There are a LOT of pros playing (and playing well mind you) with CF shafts now and they aren't complaining about them. Sponsorship or not, if they thought their game was hindered by using CF products, I can assure you they would all go back to wood.

It almost seems (to me anyway) that SVB's game UP about a half-ball when he started using his CF shaft.

Just my opinion.

Maniac

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed Josh Filler was playing with a wooden shaft when he won the World 9 Ball Championship in December instead of a Revo. Considering the fabulous year he had in 2017 using the Revo, it would be interesting to know his reasoning for the change.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you think it makes you play better then it probably does. The placebo effect. I had one for a while and think it's a fine product. I liked the way that it hit and the minimum deflection. The color didn't bother me. My issues were that it didn't fit standard to my player so I had to buy a inexpensive butt to try it and I like having a 2nd shaft just in case and didn't want to have a 1000 tied up in shafts. And finally, I don't use a glove so the feeling was different than wood (not a deal breaker).

With top players, every little advantage may mean a victory so I can see the reason that they would try it. I've known a couple of good players that have switched from the Revo after giving it a good try. It's subjective and to each his own.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jmho
icbw

i hate shafts that moonlight as contortionists: warping has lost me more money than deflection ever will... the combination of durability and performance is what impresses me, but the math is a little off with current pricing.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i hate shafts that moonlight as contortionists: warping has lost me more money than deflection ever will... the combination of durability and performance is what impresses me, but the math is a little off with current pricing.

I think their math is perfect. For them!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190104-092758_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190104-092758_Samsung Internet.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,440

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jmho
icbw

Thanks for the heads up … I will sleep much better tonight!!!

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just think about guys like Buddy Hall who would be given a stick at the beginning of a tournament by some cuemaker....win the tournament....sell the "winning stick" at the end of the tournament, and travel on to the next event only to duplicate this process. (As described in the old biography RAGS TO RIFLEMAN)

Bugs never "owned" a cue. He would borrow one whenever he needed one and was the best banker/one pocket player of his era.

With all that being said, if you enjoy one of the new shafts - go for it. No judgement here. Whatever makes you enjoy the game!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just think about guys like Buddy Hall who would be given a stick at the beginning of a tournament by some cuemaker....win the tournament....sell the "winning stick" at the end of the tournament, and travel on to the next event only to duplicate this process. (As described in the old biography RAGS TO RIFLEMAN)

Bugs never "owned" a cue. He would borrow one whenever he needed one and was the best banker/one pocket player of his era.

With all that being said, if you enjoy one of the new shafts - go for it. No judgement here. Whatever makes you enjoy the game!
Fistfull of black beauties may have helped too.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I just love people like you who compare what average players need compared to world champions. Who cares what Buddy hall played with . None of us here are that level. There is a reason they make cavity back golf clubs lol for the duffer

There is no such thing as a holly grail cue. If you like how something plays play with it. If not don’t.

My favorite threads of the year are the ones asking what is the best cue. The answer is there is no best cue. whatever one feels the best to you. Any other answer you know they are a nit you should avoid lol

Attachments

• CB042657-97F1-4C08-8228-64F31619C5D1.jpg
    CB042657-97F1-4C08-8228-64F31619C5D1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,314

bioactive

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jmho
icbw

I use a Revo and it is awesome. Has about the same deflection as my previous shaft but is always smooth as silk, can't be dented, won't warp, cleans easily, feels great in my hands. I usually have a ding in my shaft within the first week of using a new one. No dings in this one even after banging it into things a few times.

Did you consider all the other advantages or were you just after lower deflection? If you were there is plenty of information online pointing out deflection is not remarkably better with a Revo than with earlier generation Predator shafts and others as well.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I just love people like you who compare what average players need compared to world champions. Who cares what Buddy hall played with . None of us here are that level. There is a reason they make cavity back golf clubs lol for the duffer

There is no such thing as a holly grail cue. If you like how something plays play with it. If not don’t.

My favorite threads of the year are the ones asking what is the best cue. The answer is there is no best cue. whatever one feels the best to you. Any other answer you know they are a nit you should avoid lol

I'm glad you love people like me. A lot of people care about what the champions play with. Hence the success of REVO.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I feel the complete opposite of the OP. I own all 3 and they will continue to stay in my everyday case and all my wood shafts stay in my storage cases.

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
holy grail

I believe that every pool player in the world has a different feel of what they like and don't like. personally i have made the switch to a carbon fiber shaft and i love it. i know plenty of people that have tried them and don't like them. no big deal but what i hate is all the people that say they are garbage and no good, yes they are good to the guys that like them and no good if you don't. everyone is entitled to their own opinion but no one is entitled to tell me my opinion. i play with the cuetec shaft by the way. i picked it up at the trade show back in August. it did take a while to get used to i will give you that.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe that every pool player in the world has a different feel of what they like and don't like. personally i have made the switch to a carbon fiber shaft and i love it. i know plenty of people that have tried them and don't like them. no big deal but what i hate is all the people that say they are garbage and no good, yes they are good to the guys that like them and no good if you don't. everyone is entitled to their own opinion but no one is entitled to tell me my opinion. i play with the cuetec shaft by the way. i picked it up at the trade show back in August. it did take a while to get used to i will give you that.

if you thought my post was to tell you your opinion or that they are garbage
you misunderstood my post
the carbon fiber shafts are touted as the new technology
and the analogy if you dont have one its like playing golf with a wood driver or tennis with a wood racquet
for me they were not superior to what i play with now (ob1+ )
if you like them great...if you think they help you play better ...great
i will admit the no warp ...no dings....is an improvement
still TO ME they are not the holy grail

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you thought my post was to tell you your opinion or that they are garbage
you misunderstood my post
the carbon fiber shafts are touted as the new technology
and the analogy if you dont have one its like playing golf with a wood driver or tennis with a wood racquet
for me they were not superior to what i play with now (ob1+ )
if you like them great...if you think they help you play better ...great
i will admit the no warp ...no dings....is an improvement
still TO ME they are not the holy grail

I’ve never heard anyone say any of that... I haven’t seen anyone ripped that tried it and didn’t like it. only to the people who say they are garbage and haven’t hit a single ball with them. That’s close minded stupidity but to be expected by the older players. Carbon fiber shafts are like anything in this game. If it doens’t feel good to you it doesn’t mean people do like it are wrong or right. Just don’t play with it. You keep saying holy grail which is silly.. the holy grail doesn’t exist. One person magic wand is another persons garbage lol