Attachments

• IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 194

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Bic D.....check in when you can.
I know Dorian is no longer a CAT 5....but it’s picking on Hatteras today.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Took it on the chin pretty hard but there are many who lost everything.

Attachments

• IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2433.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 125

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We lost...

both vehicles
golf cart
freezer X 2
fridge
lawn mower
Generator
Power Washer

My bicycles and tools were submerged by salt water so all of that will need to be greased down. We lost a couple water front bars that will probably not open back up. I've counted 60 or so houses so that were flooded up to or past the 2nd floor.

I've spent most of my last couple days helping my neighbors b/c we did not get water in the house.

It's kind of overwhelming

Still no power on the island so anyone with food in the freezers will lose the food pretty soon. A stocked freezer will last 48 hours. I'm going to lose a lot of seafood.

So many people have lost everything so I can't complain a bit. A tree hit one of my dormers and crashed it in and we were getting heavy rain inside. If I wasn't here...There may have been a foot of water in/on my 2nd floor going down to the first so I'm glad I stayed as I was able to get out on the roof with a tarp.

As far as damage....the Bahamas received more wind damage (with deaths) we received a moderate to heavy wind damage with total flood damage. Houses and businesses are totally under water. I'm literally and totally exhausted from helping people but once again, I can go home each night and sleep in a dry bed.

I really can't think of anything else to say right now other than.....when this is all over, I will be looking for a game from someone.