Stolen Cues

chelseagrinder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tascarella with Cortland wrap cue stolen in Massachusetts

$500 cash reward for information leading to it's return.
One shaft that was stolen from World Class Billiards.

Trying to avoid police and volunteer leg breakers. Pretty certain who did it but need some corroboration.

Send private message. All info held:angry: strictly confidential

KNcues

Registered
(Stolen) One of Kind Cue - Tucson Arizona

One of kind cue, stolen in Tucson Arizona.
I am posting this for a customer of mine. I built this cue and sold it to him about 3 years ago. It has two shafts, one 29 inch and one 30 inch.
It was stolen 01/22/2012
If anyone happens to see it, will you please PM me.
Thanks in advance,
Keith

horizontalcue.jpg
forearm.jpg
handle.jpg
butt.jpg

2002stallion

Registered
cues stolen in myrtle beach

($1000) reward for returned cues)
a few months ago my wifes car was broken into and i had my cues stolen first was a woody woodworth jump cue second was a samsara/ mike gullassy combo jump break cue model jb-01 and last cue was a 1972 original mo-3 meucci this cue means the world to me was the first real pool cue i had my grandmother bought it for me on my 17th birth day i also had a leather vincitore cue case case has a tiger cues hand towel and a hustlin sticker under the top handle covered with a 2007 las vegas apa coin from my first trip to vegas there will be a hefty reward for the return of my cues since there is so much centimental value in this here is my personal cell number 843 457 4505 stolen on 62nd avenue in myrtle beach (my front Yard) the vincitore case was the one with the dragon design and had swirls that looked like it said 666 on the top thanks for all the help

Last edited:

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Cues Stolen in Northern California-

A friend of mine had his car broken into. They stole his black and white custom 3x6 OnQ case from Garth with two valuable custom cues.

One was a Rick Howard Ebony on Ebony with flame veneers and ivory joint (see pics)

The other was a Capone Ebony on Ebony with black and white veneers and a ring tail lizard wrap (pics to follow)

Please send me a PM if you see these surface anywhere. Reward for information leading to the return of these cues.

Thank you for your vigilance on these cues!

-dj

Attachments

• HFull2.jpg
    HFull2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,900
  • HPoints3.jpg
    HPoints3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,866
Last edited:

irish

Poppy Ridge Golf Course
Silver Member
A friend of mine had his car broken into. They stole his black and white custom 3x6 OnQ case from Garth with two valuable custom cues.

One was a Rick Howard Ebony on Ebony with flame veneers and ivory joint (see pics)

The other was a Capone Ebony on Ebony with black and white veneers and a ring tail lizard wrap (pics to follow)

Please send me a PM if you see these surface anywhere.

Thank you for your vigilance on these cues!

-dj

Related to DJ's post. This is the other cue stolen!!
IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Keep an eye out all. Much thanks!

syko77

brings knives to gunfight
Silver Member
anyone in the chicago suburbs- dupage county area- me and my father are in leagues 7 nights a week and go to many halls in the area- anyone with missing cues from this area pm me and we will keep on the lookout for you- my dad is a retired cop, and together we have recovered 3 stolen cues for members of our leagues- we are always happy to help:thumbup:

irish

Poppy Ridge Golf Course
Silver Member
Related to DJ's post. This is the other cue stolen!!
IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Keep an eye out all. Much thanks!

So here is an update!

Our friend got his cues back. The A$$-tards who took them, tossed them out the car on the highway. Some random citizen found them and searched his name and gave them back. Rich has the case and cues at home next to his bed! He is a lucky guy!

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
So here is an update!

Our friend got his cues back. The A$$-tards who took them, tossed them out the car on the highway. Some random citizen found them and searched his name and gave them back. Rich has the case and cues at home next to his bed! He is a lucky guy!

hope he took that random citizen out for dinner!

chris

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
hope he took that random citizen out for dinner!

chris

He should get a reward as well, what a story. Good thing they were still in the case when they tossed the cues. Not sure why they would break into the car to steal them unless they thought the case held something else.

Kudos to the upright guy who returned them!

Garret Troop

Ive had my Cues stolen three times over the last 6 years. The first time I had a custom case that was worth more then any and all of the cues Ive had. It was truly a one of a kind. I will know it from a mile away if I ever see it again. I love the game and it takes me a real long time to gather this things so Im just upset and want all my stuff back.

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stolen Cues Alert - Reward For Return

Hi Guys,

One of my client,Simon Lau, had his Jim Munach Brown Leather Butterfly Case and 4 high end cues stolen Yesterday (April 18, 2012) at Steinway Billiard in Astoria, NY. The case was stolen around 7-8pm yesterday. A police report has already been filed for the lost cue.

The case and cues below were stolen while he went into the washroom. Here's are the cues that he had in this large butterfly case so please keep an eye out for it. Reward will be provide for a same return of these cues.

Cue#1
High End Tascarella **Brand New***
* Ivory Joint 5/16-14 and Ivory Butt Cap
* Rosewood forearm and Butt Sleeve, 4 ebony points with veneers
* Ivory inlays everywhere.
* Butt is 14.6 oz and shaft are 4.2oz both are 13mm.

505175866_o.jpg

Cue#2
Kersenbrock/Franklin SW era:

Butt: 15.8 oz , 3/8-11 pin
Shaft # 1. 3.6 oz, 12.7mm , SW shaft with old Micarta ferrule
Shaft #2. 3.4 oz ,12.25 original, Old Micarta ferrule SW to her but need to evaluate
the cue to confirm.

Showed this cue to Lucky at SBE and he said the cue is a Kersenbrock based on his knowledge of Kersenbrock and he has a pretty nice collection.

Showed the cue to Laurie and she said it look like a SW to her but need to evaluate the cue to confirm. The cue has a different bumper than SW normal Style.
378005752_o.jpg

Butt Cap:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/9/5/3/2/webimg/498726211_o.jpg
Pin hote:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/9/5/3/2/webimg/498682367_o.jpg

Rest of the cue:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/9/5/3/2/webimg/378005820_o.jpg
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/9/5/3/2/webimg/378005752_o.jpg
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/9/5/3/2/webimg/378005633_o.jpg

Cue#3
High End Capone Custom cue with exotic Burl **Brand New**:
Just picked this beautiful brand new unchalked Capone cue up and looking to see if there any interest for the cue here on AZ.
The cue butt is made of amboyna burl weighing in at 15.5oz and the original shafts both shaft are 3.6oz each at 13.0+mm.
Both the butt and one shaft is dead straight. One of the brand new shaft has a slight roll out but roll flat (Unchalked).
The cue has Capone signature radial pin with silver railroad track ring work in all positions.
The cue has 6 amboyna burl points (3 high and 3 lower) into jet black ebony forearm with diamond ivory inlays.
The butt also has 6 larger diamond ivory inlays.

435806829_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/9/5/3/2/webimg/435806798_o.jpg
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/9/5/3/2/webimg/435806814_o.jpg

Cue #4:
Cory Barnhart Exotic 4pts Hoppe: $1250.00
This Barnhart has an exotic burl forearm with ivory joint,ivory hoppe ring and Cory's classic ringwork. (awesome player)
Butt: 15.1oz
Shaft: 3.7oz, Full size 13mm.

505040687_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/9/5/3/2/webimg/505040678_o.jpg
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/9/5/3/2/webimg/505040695_o.jpg
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/9/5/3/2/webimg/505040670_o.jpg

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
With the exception of a few high end customs, most cues are clones that are difficult to tell apart. I hate having anything stolen, it makes me sick to my stomach. We can't stop the thieves in the world, but we can make things more difficult for them. Hall owners could have lockers for instance. For my part, if you buy any Meucci from me, I'll cover the cost of having your name permanently engraved in the forearm. Yours won't be just another clone.

http://www.webbsbilliardssupply.co/Meucci-Cues_c22.htm?sourceCode=AZ

USE COUPON CODE "AZNAME"

Last edited:

hoolani

UAL Mechanic
hard to prove

With so many cues mass produced would be difficult to prove on most. Good reason to do something custom on your cue - exotic wrap ect.. If I new it was stolen I wouldn't buy it for sure and if someone could prove it was there's I would return it and be really pissed at the thief as he got both of us. Some kinda marking maybe under bumper never really thought about it might now!

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
With so many cues mass produced would be difficult to prove on most. Good reason to do something custom on your cue - exotic wrap ect.. If I new it was stolen I wouldn't buy it for sure and if someone could prove it was there's I would return it and be really pissed at the thief as he got both of us. Some kinda marking maybe under bumper never really thought about it might now!
I thought about that, but wraps can be replaced easy enough, but a name or nickname engraved into the forearm isn't something easily missed.

syko77

Silver Member
all of my cues are engraved near the joint- shaft and butt- here's a tip that kept my dad's case from getting stolen- get one of those child locator watches- it's like lojack for kids- put the watch in your case- me and my dad actually have ours stitched into the lid- the reciever is good for about a 1 mile radius and gives direction- if you notice your cues gone, it can lead you right to them- we got a guy arrested for taking my dad's case/cues- the guy put them in his trunk and came back in for league night- due to the value, he now has felony theft on his record...

9-ball

Registered
record keepingfor your cues

:thumbup:to post a picture we need to take a picture before it's stolen ,, everyone should do this :smile::embarrassed2::cool:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all of my cues are engraved near the joint- shaft and butt- here's a tip that kept my dad's case from getting stolen- get one of those child locator watches- it's like lojack for kids- put the watch in your case- me and my dad actually have ours stitched into the lid- the reciever is good for about a 1 mile radius and gives direction- if you notice your cues gone, it can lead you right to them- we got a guy arrested for taking my dad's case/cues- the guy put them in his trunk and came back in for league night- due to the value, he now has felony theft on his record...

Hey Syko, Can you provide a link and some more info on the child locator watches you refer to? Sounds like an intriguing idea.. Or send me a PM..

syko77

Silver Member
brickhousesecurity.com- they have some better products- the ones me and my dad use now are from them- 2-400 bucks, but when your loaded case is valued at over 10grand, it's worth it

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
brickhousesecurity.com- they have some better products- the ones me and my dad use now are from them- 2-400 bucks, but when your loaded case is valued at over 10grand, it's worth it

Thanks for the info. The down side is I think you have to then purcahse a monthly monitoring plan.

doublej487

valleys are 2 tight
Silver Member
my grandfather has had his richard harris stolen a few months back from huntington wv / its one of the old dufferin conversions / has a joe blackburn shaft / brown phenolic joint / and a horse where the maple leaf usally is