What would be your choice of car for a Pool Road Trip?

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Maybe Soon !!!

In the next year or so I hope to have one of these (DIVORCE THERAPY) . I like the idea the guy from NC had about the Sprinter Van with a bed in the back . I do that with a Toyota Van now. My Camry gets good gas and is sort of stealth as far as being to flashy or to trashy .

Attachments

• 2015-can-am-spyder-f3-s-side.jpg
    2015-can-am-spyder-f3-s-side.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 183

middleofnowhere

Registered
Ford Panel Van
Converted School Bus
Mercedes Adventure Van
Old school VW Westfalia Bus
Station Wagon of some sort (American, German, whatever)
Minivan
1970 Fiat 500 Abarth?

What would your ultimate roadtrip car be? Doesn't have to be listed above. Are you the type that adheres to the rule of never sleeping in your car? If you have gone on a pool playing roadtrip, let's see some pictures!

Looks like you got a lot of joke answers but honestly. From a guy who spend quite a few years on the road playing pool. I have had everything from a converted airport bus to a Volkswagen Karmgia. I took out the passenger seat in the VW to make a bed. Today I would get one of these and outfit it for travel.

http://www.ford.com/commercial-truc...t van&ef_id=VmXsXwAAAHmlV08E:20170615180037:s

Everytime I see one in a parking lot I can see myself traveling in one. Of course I can't beat anybody anymore, Im going back over 40 years.

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
I take my Porsche Cayenne S..................

Attachments

• Cayenne.jpg
    Cayenne.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 159

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does this work??? Just picked it up yesterday. Sold my trusty VW Jetta a few weeks ago. Guess I better play well on the road, because you can't sleep in a roadster!

Perfect car for the beautiful coastal Highway 1 out here in California. Thinking of doing a trip to LA from San Francisco, or up to Seattle if anyone knows of some good spots to stop and play at along the way.
1cc8ca5c95d8258a0bff11372c53df92.jpg
049854aef42d806d9f73277595bf6eff.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what I have for--Derby, Turning Stone and Oregon Trips to Chinook Winds

2009 38 Foot RV with DuraMax Diesel and Allison Automatic Transmission

Towed behind it is my fully restored 1969 Chevrolet Camaro--Z28--DZ302 All original 58,000 original miles. The only thing that I have changed on the setup is I put a Fuel Injection System in it and Added a/c, cause I don't care what anyone says, living in Florida and not have A/c you are NUTS!!!!.

That's what I use and I take and pickup friends along the way.

Saves lots of money on the travel, motels, hotels and even eating. Plus I can go, stay or Die anytime I want to.

Flexibility and Choices---where I am at in my life, now, These are the important things.

Good luck!!

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice choices y'all!!

The first trip I took in the Mazda brought me to my favorite place to play pool. Planning a couple more drives before summer runs out.

1463c704dea90030b853df605e3eeb1d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Dodge Durango SRT8 - plenty of room for 6, comfy, different suspension set-ups, AWD, and it'll run 170mph or so just in case you need it :D

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
This was my ride when I was 21.....1967 Cadillac with a 1968 motor, a 472 cubic-inch 4-barrel gas guzzler with a positive traction rearend. My friends called it the Dragon Wagon.
picture.php

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I take my Porsche Cayenne S..................

You've got good taste, I opted for the Porsche Cayenne with the smaller motor (only 300 HP!). I get 16-18 MPG and it's the best SUV on the road for handling and performance. Mine is that beautiful metallic gray as well!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always been partial to Volvo because of the safety factor and comfortable seats. Comfort is the most important feature for me. If I'm going to be on the road for a long period of time, I want to have a comfortable seat.

I recently purchased a new Volvo XC60, and I must that I really enjoy the Sirus radio. From Beatles to Classic Vinyl to Chill, the no-commercial stations are great. No more scanning the region for radio stations with AM/FM.

Now the question comes to mind: What is your favorite music to listen to when on the road? I have a few. Keith likes Barry White. LOL

Here's one of my faves for driving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KISbimc1wRM

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My road car. Stops at every gas station

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 71