Please refund the money you owe!!

hoppecopy

Registered
Brent Summers do the right thing.
Please refund my $2823.00, do not deal with this cue maker.
Here is my story I contacted Brent Summers in October, he had posted some cues online I liked one of them but it was sold to a lady, who returned it because the finish was all scratched, I didn't know this at the time I asked him if the cues for sale again he said yes I asked him to put some barbell inlays in and I paid him he told me it would be approximately 5 weeks, the next month I ordered a jump break stick to match and I paid him, figuring my cue would come in December I asked him to make me cap protect as an extension, but I am a jeweler in business for 65 years I am a rated #1 account with a Jeweler's board of trade, I made a deal with Brent that I would make his girl some jewelry in place of some money off the bill for the add on, I made the jewelry and I sent it before Christmas, at the time I figured I would have the cue by Christmas, I kept calling him and it was one excuse after another , the cue wasn't ready ,wasn't ready, finally 5 months has passed and finally he said that the shafts were not ready he would send me the butt with a warped shaft to use until the shafts are finished, as I then found out , that's supposedly the three shafts that he was making me warped because he turn them down to quick and they warped, back to the story,as you can imagine I was very happy to get something in my hands when I receive the cue it was all scratched he put a linen wrap on it was sticking over the handle you could still see the toothpick where he started the wrap, I sent the cue back the next day and ask for my money back, I told him to keep the $1,200 jewelry I made, for the inlays put in already existing cue, which is more than fair for the barbell inlays he did, I'm asking for my money back because I did not want to have to wait another five months to be disappointed again as we talked he told me stories of this cur sitting in the shop and he just wanted to get rid of it, of course I hear all these stories after the fact Mr. Summers is going through a divorce and I believe he baited me into saying 5 weeks so he could get money to pay his ex-wife divorce fees, I have bought hundreds of cues over the years over 60 from Richard black, if anybody wants to know anything about me, ask Mr Black I'm an honest person and hard working, and all I'm asking for is my money back nothing more nothing less.. unfortunately I have been screwed by cue makers before and I am not going to be screwed anymore all I'm asking for is what's mine and life can go on how can a cue maker who's make cues for 7 years turn out such a shit product warped shafts, then bait and switch me to get money to pay his attorney fees this is simply just not fair I'm not a mean person I just want my money back please!!! Please stay clear of Brent Summers cue.

Attachments

• IMG_20190304_124653_559.jpg
    IMG_20190304_124653_559.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 2,758
Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
C'mon man. You gotta do better than that. Popcorn being popped as i type. We gotta hear all the juicy stuff.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
C'mon man. You gotta do better than that. Popcorn being popped as i type. We gotta hear all the juicy stuff.
I was going to report the original post, because I think it's at least inappropriate to use the forum to bad mouth someone, but, I agree, let's hear the story.

What happened?

When did you pay?

Why did you ask for the refund?

When did you ask for the refund?

Did he say why he isn't refunding your money?

Are his terms and conditions written anywhere? If so, please post them.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Help protect others by releasing details of what happened so others can judge and decide.
Lee Peppers was thought to be a good cue-maker until details started coming out about him.
When there is a serious problem, shine a light on it to ensure others know what the risks are.
More importantly, someone has to topple the first domino to get things started for the rest to fall.
Sometimes this can lead to good things but at the least, the culprit is identified & others can learn.

Matt B.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I may soon start my own thread about another cue maker.

We shall see what happens in the next few days.

Thanks

Kevin

hoppecopy

Registered

I will write a detailed letter and post it in the next day or two, let me collect all the facts , so I can give a honest, truthful explanation....hoppy

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
If you are going to wait a day or two to "collect all the facts" then take down the post until then.

You would want nothing less than that from someone who posted your name like you did.

I will write a detailed letter and post it in the next day or two, let me collect all the facts , so I can give a honest, truthful explanation....hoppy

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are going to wait a day or two to "collect all the facts" then take down the post until then.

You would want nothing less than that from someone who posted your name like you did.

I agree. OP should put up, or shut up.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How the hell are you "collecting facts" on something that happened to you?

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To be fair, when he said "collect" I took it to mean organize his thoughts and put them into perspective for reporting here, not to discover them.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

That's what I'm wondering. If the cue maker is doing shady business it's all good to blast him. Some might say he has an obligation to do so. But not spilling the beans is like hmmm. Now you've got a crowd forming with torches and pitchforks and they may just turn on you instead.

hoppecopy

Registered

This has been over a five month process, I want to go through every communication back and forth we did to give an honest and true explanation I went above and beyond for this guy.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Isn't Brent Summers the woman with the big glasses who used to be on The Match Game back in the day?