Diamond tables don't seem that great.

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Y'all too much wishing that on this man! He is not ready for he who walks behind the table!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I know Glenn, but we're all looking forward to you going Gordon Ramsey on him.

How do you respond to someone like that, who just bought is very own, FIRST CUE in 2014, 5 years ago. It would be like arguing with a 2 year old, you can't get them to understand what NO means, so....send them to bed....they're just tired right now, and along with being tired, they get cranky....OFF TO BED!!

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you respond to someone like that, who just bought is very own, FIRST CUE in 2014, 5 years ago. It would be like arguing with a 2 year old, you can't get them to understand what NO means, so....send them to bed....they're just tired right now, and along with being tired, they get cranky....OFF TO BED!!

Exactly, nuff said!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing almost solely on Diamonds for about 2 years and I'm realizing these tables are kinda cheap.

1. The ball returns are the worst. I'm not a fan of ball returns anyways, but I've never danced so much trying to figure out which end the cue ball will come out. It's kinda ridiculous considering the popularity of Diamond.

2. The corner pockets seem to malform slightly on at least one of the pockets. Sure... you can blame the installer, but there seems to be an unusually high percentage of Diamonds this happens to. So can you always blame the installer in this case?

3. The wooden frames come with such an artificial looking stain that they all look like veneered plastic that scuffs and holds prints. I understand that high VOC poly can be expensive to buy in larger quantities past a quart (do to strange regulations), but come on, put some quality finish on there.

4. The pocket receptacles are cheap plastic. I've seen balls just jump out like I am playing a carnival game. Would a leather padding be too much to hope for, you can literally buy enough in small quantities at Tandy for under $20 at retail prices to cover all pockets.

5. The ball holders are effective, but cheap and way too small. If you're really going to go cheap and make a wire ball holder, why not make one that can hold at least 14 balls? If you're going to have to have a cut out for tables with ball returns, why does the cut out have to have over hanging lips that make the effective reach in the size of a bird house?

What made these tables have great popularity and why do people insist that the table itself plays well is beyond me. I get the feeling people associate Simonis as being a Diamond only worsted felt and that nobody before Diamond made adjustments to the pocket geometry.

But, but... oh those ball returns.... I hope Diamond stops making them.

How many screen names have you had now on AZB?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ill play on any table really i don't give a shit
Valley diamond brunswick on any cloth any size with any ball set but those ugly skittle balls
Any size carom table heated or not dont care what cloth or ball set

With a plain 1 piece butted cue and a single shaft with a single layer tip in a pouchless strapless 1x1 case

I play on a diamond, with a revo shaft, layered tip, multi cue case....etc...etc but: I'm like the above poster, I can and will play on any table in front of me and use any cue available if it come to it without any hesitation and without any complaints.

If you play well or bad, the equipment, in general, does not dictate the outcome.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have never played on a diamond so I cannot comment on the quality,
but I have owned 4 Brunswick tables from a 1926 regency to an 8 foot glenwood and 2 GC in between. Cant say I ever had a problem with any of them. The pockets on the glenwood are a bit forgiving but that helps when you are 73.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly I thought I'd recieve some contrasting comparisons suggesting I'm experiencing a negative bias with a sprinkle of your crazy and campy opinions.

What I got... wellllllll... a hate clique convincing of another depth (couldn't skip a rock off of it). Is it Azbillards or the rhyming HazingBilliards?

Happy Friday none the less.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Add me to the list of those who like both Brunswick and Diamond tables.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Honestly I thought I'd recieve some contrasting comparisons suggesting I'm experiencing a negative bias with a sprinkle of your crazy and campy opinions.

What I got... wellllllll... a hate clique convincing of another depth (couldn't skip a rock off of it). Is it Azbillards or the rhyming HazingBilliards?

Happy Friday none the less.

Are you of the Cron T’lan Imass? Anyway what I like about diamonds is that they are pool tables, they have nice cushions that allow more manipulation than others, they look really nice, I don’t own one myself but those I play on are always level..probably because of the ease of the leveling system. I’ve had 1 ball come at me bro, never snagged my glove and ripped it, and the rail is nice for bridging on. So there’s your proof that diamonds are up to their hype.