Philadelphia one pocket championships

phillyviper1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK everyone. All pool players ARE WELCOME. CLASSIC BILLIARDS IN PHOENIXVILLE PA IS GOING TO BE HOSTING THE THE FIRST EVER. PHILADELPHIA ONE POCKET CHAMPIONSHIP. THE DATES ARE JULY 16th and 17th. GUARANTEED $2,500 first place for full field. ENTRY FEE $165. It will be a 32 player max field. THE FIRST 32 paid players. Format is TRUE DOUBLE ELIMINATION RACE TO 4 on winner side and race to 3 on loser side. Alternate break, rack your own, if a ball is made on the break it's a re rack. ALL ENTRY FEES CAN BE MAIL TO CLASSIC BILLIARDS 275 schuylkill road, phoenixville pa 19460 , or contact Jim Lawless 610-935-1118 owner of classic billiards to set up a time to come pay in person. Paypal information is. playpool@classic-billiards.com (NOTE)IF YOUR PAYING THROUGH PAY PAL YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FEES. THE FEE IS AROUND $3-$5. IF YOU SEND IT AS FRIENDS AND FAMILY I HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE ARE NO FEES. There is no extra fee for checks mailed in or paying in person. ALL ENTRY FEES MUST MUST BE PAYED BY JULY 5th. Don't miss out on this huge event. I will be making flyers and sending them out next week. Entry fees will be accepted starting today. If anyone needs any more information feel free to contact me directly as I will be the TD of this event. The players meeting will be 11am on the 16th immediately after the players meeting we will have a PLAYERS AUCTION, and then we will do the draw.

PAYOUTS BASED ON FIELD
1st. $2,500
2nd. $1,500
3rd. $1,000
4th. $500
5/6th. $225 each
7/8th. $175 each

I am working on getting more sponsors , so prize money will only get bigger.

Players list
ONLY PLAYERS THAT HAVE ALREADY PAID WILL BE ON THIS LIST
1. Vincent Cimarelli
2. Darren Appleton
3. Bill Scheivert
4. Joe Sellecchia
5. Edward Abraham
6.Keith Christman
7. Allen Hopkins
8. Martin ciccia
9. Peter Fusco
10. Phil wines
11. Jimmy Fusco ( Philly flash)
12. Corey eulas
13. Bob Maidhof
14. Mike Veasey
15. Mike Saleh
16. Robert hart ( forty)
17. Rob Kay
18. Matt Krah
19. Raphael Saldana
20. Redgie Cutler
21. Dan McGinnis
22. John Hennigan (Flakes)
23. Adam Kieler
24. Mitch brown
25. Ernest Antonini
26. Shaun Wilkie
27. Cory Capps
28. Keith McCready
29. Bob Nesbit
30. Rob pole
31. Jorge Rodriguez
32. Bob Burt

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a wow and great statement to 1p, the organizers, the players and Classic Billiards. The players speak for themselves. Classic Billiards is a great pool room, plenty of parking. Jimmy Lawless runs a great room. Good luck to all.

Last edited:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Viper. Your doing a great job. Maybe you should replace Berhman. :thumbup:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THANKS,I am trying my best to make this a real good event..

Was talking to Jimmy yesterday. He's pretty excited about the event. I won't be playing but I'll be there for sure. Quite a field so far. Our local rooms need all the publicity they can get. Let's keep em profitable.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
If you are gonna make it 2 days and true double elim, why not extend the race on the losers side to 4.

I'd like to come, but as a duffer, I need all the extra games I can get :)

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Awesome

Great to see Jimmy and Pete are playing. Keep up the good work and hats off to you for the effort!

phillyviper1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This event has been filled all 32 players paid. Good luck to everyone, and thanks for all the sponsors for making this happen. See you all in July.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm hoping to be there as a spectator. Not sure which day but I will have a few of Tom Wirth's book for sale. Thanks, Frank

Table of Contents

THE BEGINNING 1
PART I - THE EARLY STAGES 3
SITUATIONS 5
FIVE KICK SHOT SITUATIONS 54
EARLY GAME CONCLUSIONS 65
PART II - THE RUNNING OF THE BALLS 67
PATTERNS 68
BREAKING BALLS LOOSE FROM THE STACK 73
PART III - A SERIES OF DRILLS 81
PART IV - MID GAME SITUATIONS 99
PART V - TAKE-OUT SHOTS 128
PART VI - END GAME OFFENSE 144
KICK BANKS 164
PART VII - MOVING MULTIPLE BALLS 174
PART VIII - A WORD ABOUT LATE GAME SAFETY PLAY 187
PART IX - A STRATEGIC BLUNDER BY A GREAT PLAYER 196
FINAL CONCLUSIONS 205

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,937
Last edited:

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK everyone. All pool players ARE WELCOME. CLASSIC BILLIARDS IN PHOENIXVILLE PA IS GOING TO BE HOSTING THE THE FIRST EVER. PHILADELPHIA ONE POCKET CHAMPIONSHIP. THE DATES ARE JULY 16th and 17th. GUARANTEED $2,500 first place for full field. ENTRY FEE $165. It will be a 32 player max field. THE FIRST 32 paid players. Format is TRUE DOUBLE ELIMINATION RACE TO 4 on winner side and race to 3 on loser side. Alternate break, rack your own, if a ball is made on the break it's a re rack. ALL ENTRY FEES CAN BE MAIL TO CLASSIC BILLIARDS 275 schuylkill road, phoenixville pa 19460 , or contact Jim Lawless 610-935-1118 owner of classic billiards to set up a time to come pay in person. Paypal information is. playpool@classic-billiards.com (NOTE)IF YOUR PAYING THROUGH PAY PAL YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FEES. THE FEE IS AROUND $3-$5. IF YOU SEND IT AS FRIENDS AND FAMILY I HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE ARE NO FEES. There is no extra fee for checks mailed in or paying in person. ALL ENTRY FEES MUST MUST BE PAYED BY JULY 5th. Don't miss out on this huge event. I will be making flyers and sending them out next week. Entry fees will be accepted starting today. If anyone needs any more information feel free to contact me directly as I will be the TD of this event. The players meeting will be 11am on the 16th immediately after the players meeting we will have a PLAYERS AUCTION, and then we will do the draw.

PAYOUTS BASED ON FIELD
1st. $2,500
2nd. $1,500
3rd. $1,000
4th. $500
5/6th. $225 each
7/8th. $175 each

I am working on getting more sponsors , so prize money will only get bigger.

Players list
ONLY PLAYERS THAT HAVE ALREADY PAID WILL BE ON THIS LIST
1. Vincent Cimarelli
2. Darren Appleton
3. Bill Scheivert
4. Joe Sellecchia
5. Edward Abraham
6.Keith Christman
7. Allen Hopkins
8. Martin ciccia
9. Peter Fusco
10. Phil wines
11. Jimmy Fusco ( Philly flash)
12. Corey eulas
13. Bob Maidhof
14. Mike Veasey
15. Mike Saleh
16. Robert hart ( forty)
17. Rob Kay
18. Matt Krah
19. Raphael Saldana
20. Redgie Cutler
21. Dan McGinnis
22. John Hennigan (Flakes)
23. Adam Kieler
24. Mitch brown
25. Ernest Antonini
26. Shaun Wilkie
27. Cory Capps
28. Keith McCready
29. Bob Nesbit
30. Rob pole
31. Jorge Rodriguez
32. Bob Burt

If you have a waiting list please put my name in there, very interested. Bill Stephen

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is super exciting and awesome.

I only wish I was good enough to participate. I might even make the trip up to be a spectator.

Thanks for doing this.

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
Keith McCready!

I don't know how you did this but that is a feat in itself. This alone should spark a little interest. It's only been about 10 years since he disappeared.

Barry Doc

1p / 14.1 Hack / aka bdoc
Silver Member
Or streamed, at least !!! Are you listening Vinnie ?

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The respect is real high. Quite a list. Stream would absolutely awesome for those that can't attend. I wonder if Philly and I could set up valet parking:killingme::killingme: