Custom CF shafts

Cshot

Registered
The last few months ive been seeing a lot of different custom cue makers makkng CF shafts. I hit with a Jacoby black and it hits amazing. Its the only CF shaft ive ever used. Just wondering how these other shafts compare. The last add i seen was someone selling a CF shafts from china for 300 shipped. Are thes going to be junk or actually be ok. My buddy was going to buy one but i told him id rather spend 450 and love the shaft, then spend 300 and be really dissapointed.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last few months ive been seeing a lot of different custom cue makers makkng CF shafts. I hit with a Jacoby black and it hits amazing. Its the only CF shaft ive ever used. Just wondering how these other shafts compare. The last add i seen was someone selling a CF shafts from china for 300 shipped. Are thes going to be junk or actually be ok. My buddy was going to buy one but i told him id rather spend 450 and love the shaft, then spend 300 and be really dissapointed.
Cheapest i've seen is the Black Arrow from J&J and its $375 iirc, maybe less on ebay. J&J usually sells pretty decent stuff and they've been around quite a while. I haven't seen a report on this yet but i would bet its a quality product. There is a rush to bring these to market since the demand is high. It will be interesting to see which ones make the grade and which don't. I've hit both REVO's, the Cynergy and BeCueMprime. I like the hit of the 12.9Revo the best. The Cynergy sounds better and to me was a close second. Didn't like the BeCue at all. Very muted sound/feel and didn't like the finish. I want to try the GoCustoms and the new Pechauer.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you honestly answer a simple question what do you like the most when it comes to Jacoby black c.f. shaft?
The other questions are:
- what shaft did you play with before you switch to Jacoby black?
- what are the major benefits of your current Jacoby black shaft over your previous shaft you have experienced after you switched?

If you could answer these questions I'll be glad to give you my opinion on your question).

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you honestly answer a simple question what do you like the most when it comes to Jacoby black c.f. shaft?
The other questions are:
- what are the major benefits of your current Jacoby black shaft over your previous shaft you have experienced after you switched?

If you could answer these questions I'll be glad to give you my opinion on your question).
Never hit one. Don't like shafts smaller than 12.75. Based on those i have hit there aren't big differences in any of them. Sound/feel/finish vary somewhat but not in huge amounts. I've heard a lot of good about the Jacoby. If someone did a blind-fold test i think people would be hard pressed to tell the difference in most cf shafts.

Cshot

Registered
The other questions are:

Well what i like the most is all of it lol. The way it hits and how i can feel the ball. My control is better and has slightly less deflection and it feels like i can throw the ball more when needed. All around just hits better. Feels like it made mybrun outs just a little easier. Before i had my jacoby black i had an ob 1+ that i switched to from the 314 2 because i found it has a softer feel. I also use a kamuii clear supersoft. Bennifits are obvious. Shot making% up and more precise with my shape.

lacorteza

Registered
I would definetly Keep distance to any Custom Carbon shaft. (Beside Predator Custom Revo Maybe)

Basically I think that CF is MUCH different productionwise than Wood.

In my opinion CF shafts should be done by experts for CF, not Wood experts.

I totally understand that some of the makers hop on this stream and try to make some Money on it.

Basically it´s rather easy to buy some CF Tubes in China and fill them with any Kind of foam/filling, add a ferrule, add a Joint and then sell it.

I don´t want to blame any "normal" cuemaker doing this.. some of the shafts may even Play good.. but never the less Predator, Cuetecs.. Maybe even Jacoby, Pechauer etc. are the way to go for me.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
im jumping into the carbon fiber shaft game just for the eff of it and seeing if it can be beneficial to my game any
getting a starkey custom with his own carbon fiber shaft he makes