Diamond Las Vegas Open

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starts tomorrow: https://www.playcsipool.com/2020-lv-open.html

Packed field. Brackets: https://ctsondemand.com/mobilebracketviewer.aspx?BracketID=d3cb7d4f-47f1-485e-9f61-6206391d2541

Best part...they got rid of the 9 ball crap and made it 10 Ball, a better lead into the WPA World 10 Ball next week:
"Event changed to 10-ball. Due to popular demand, this event will now be 10-ball rather than 9-ball."

Already a lot of fake looking streaming links on Facebook. Appears CSI will be streaming for free: https://www.youtube.com/user/csipool/videos

No way they start streaming tomorrow with the 10am round :nono:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Starts tomorrow: https://www.playcsipool.com/2020-lv-open.html

Packed field. Brackets: https://ctsondemand.com/mobilebracketviewer.aspx?BracketID=d3cb7d4f-47f1-485e-9f61-6206391d2541

Best part...they got rid of the 9 ball crap and made it 10 Ball, a better lead into the WPA World 10 Ball next week:
"Event changed to 10-ball. Due to popular demand, this event will now be 10-ball rather than 9-ball."

Already a lot of fake looking streaming links on Facebook. Appears CSI will be streaming for free: https://www.youtube.com/user/csipool/videos

No way they start streaming tomorrow with the 10am round :nono:

Why is one format Crap and the other Not Crap?

Is the Mosconi Cup crap, or is it not?

Our sport needs excitement if its EVER going to be accepted by the non pool playing public, and in turn give the player$ what$ needed to make a life/family and have a real career, like Ronnie O'Sullivan.

The American public has a difficult time Enjoying safety play, let alone understanding it.

From my point of view, Earl and SVB have proven ''what it actually takes'' to be the greatest!

Their number of US Open 9 ball wins is not crap.

To say one is crap an the other is not....tells me.......it's anything but a Crap shoot. It just tells me, you enjoy this format more than the other. But what the does the sport need to increase viewership??? That alone is not CRAP, that is what Luke Riches is after.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Most important thing is it something for Pro Pool players to do to earn a few bucks. Honeslty the money in Pro Pool is really small compaired to other organized Pro sports

I wonder when the people running the pool sports will get their is strength in number, and do like NASCAR did with motor sports. One orginizations running the show, and everyone benefiting from it.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Free stream?

10am vegas time?

That would be great. Get the event started early.

I see all the he taiwan players.

Island Drive

Silver Member
When I look at the Majors in tennis, it's exciting. Best 3 outta five sets, with great comebacks by the greats, like Federer, Nadal, Laver, McEnroe, and such.

A sport played at it's highest level, must demand a sportsman to be in the best mental/physical shape possible to accomplish their task.

It would be boring to watch Golf, if it was 50% par 4's and 50% par 5's and NO par 3's.

This mixture has proven itself....Especially when one sees a hole in one on a par 3 LIVE.

Excitement, like watching Michael Jordan in dead stroke. But to have a game for the purists to enjoy is fine, to offer a game, where the masses and the non players are able to enjoy is Needed....Especially if pool is to get into mainstream.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I look at the Majors in tennis, it's exciting. Best 3 outta five sets, with great comebacks by the greats, like Federer, Nadal, Laver, McEnroe, and such.

A sport played at it's highest level, must demand a sportsman to be in the best mental/physical shape possible to accomplish their task.

It would be boring to watch Golf, if it was 50% par 4's and 50% par 5's and NO par 3's.

This mixture has proven itself....Especially when one sees a hole in one on a par 3 LIVE.

Excitement, like watching Michael Jordan in dead stroke. But to have a game for the purists to enjoy is fine, to offer a game, where the masses and the non players are able to enjoy is Needed....Especially if pool is to get into mainstream.

I bet you get wet every time you hear the announcer say “golden break”. :boring2:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Free stream?

10am vegas time?

That would be great. Get the event started early.

I see all the he taiwan players.

they posted the schedule. Great set of matches. They are going to wake up early and start with the 10am rd. Apparently not showing the 5:30, 7, or 8:30 matches....

1stDaysStream.jpg

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good on them for starting Ouschan and Gorst at 7pm.

Perfect match to put me to sleep.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most important thing is it something for Pro Pool players to do to earn a few bucks. Honeslty the money in Pro Pool is really small compaired to other organized Pro sports

I wonder when the people running the pool sports will get their is strength in number, and do like NASCAR did with motor sports. One orginizations running the show, and everyone benefiting from it.
NASCAR's early growth was for two reasons: they targeted one audience, Southeast US rednecks and they had basically unlimited sponsorship $$$ from tobacco companies. Along came the fight at Daytona, cable tv and the rest is history.

Island Drive

Silver Member
I bet you get wet every time you hear the announcer say “golden break”. :boring2:

No....but when I saw Roger Griffis down 12-1 at the Worlds in Chicago,and tie it up against Tom Storm, or when Varner was down 10-1 against Sigel and won, and when I heard Aranas was down by 8 or nine games in a race to 11 and won, yeah, it's pretty darn damp/exciting in the arena....FOR THE SPECTATORS.............AND THE GAME.

I look at it from the Sport perspective, having played pro and having been in the Olympic time trials is all....not from a gambling, rack your own, safety game. I look at it from the perspective of how to get this game outta the trenches, and give the players a true life....what ever the game may be, that gets me sweat/wet. And that's no crap.

But to say something is crap....speaks louder than sweat.

I don't find your post boring, just a perspective that doesn't do much to PROMOTE the game to the masses is all.

Island Drive

Silver Member
NASCAR's early growth was for two reasons: they targeted one audience, Southeast US rednecks and they had basically unlimited sponsorship $$$ from tobacco companies. Along came the fight at Daytona, cable tv and the rest is history.

Pro pool.... had their Camel pro tour support at one time.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully Double J pulls the mic plug on Georgie soon so we don't have to listen to him. :thumbup: