How about some pics of chas clements work...

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
And one more

And thanks to John Barton :thumbup: for getting me "out of the woods" when my puter quit letting me post smilies :eek: and pics :mad: . Hell, I do puter stuff so I have money to play pool but I was durn sure stuck.

Attachments

• buds 055.jpg
    buds 055.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 410

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Doc, if you took the pics, you own 'em. :smile: But that's not a Clements....it's a Bob Verville case. He makes 'em pretty sporty, too !!

Hope you are doing well.

Sean

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
it is?????

Doc, if you took the pics, you own 'em. :smile: But that's not a Clements....it's a Bob Verville case. He makes 'em pretty sporty, too !!

Hope you are doing well.

Sean

I was certain that Scott told me Clements ..... ah well ... its either the mileage :eek: or the smoke filled rooms :cool: must be affecting my memory. I'm good and hope you all are the same :smile:

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
lol

Still on the phone or did you read back???? :D Someone said he was recovering from a life threatening injury but I have no independent knowledge of that ...... :rolleyes:
:D:D:D

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still on the phone or did you read back???? :D Someone said he was recovering from a life threatening injury but I have no independent knowledge of that ...... :rolleyes:
:D:D:D

i was on the phone and just looking at pics, i didnt read anything, i usually read when i talk on the phone, i been doing that for years, unless its a real important thing i'm concentraiting on, then i just look at pics when i talk. i cant talk on the phone and stare at the wall.

I hope he is doing better since he got sick, being sick sucks.

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
I have a Chas case without tooling, except for my initials (in my handwriting, which Chas reproduced flawlessly). The leather is 12 oz saddle skirting, which is very thick and makes the case quite heavy (Chas described it as "virtually bombproof"). It's a 2x4 case, but looks larger. In fact, on Chas' website it was identified as 3x6 but it's not. I have to admit that I don't use it because it's so large and heavy (but that's what I had asked for - too late smart). It has a small accessory case, also with my initials. Here are some pics:

ChasCase6.jpg

ChasCase5.jpg

ChasCase10.jpg

ChasCase9.jpg

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
welllll

i was on the phone and just looking at pics, i didnt read anything, i usually read when i talk on the phone, i been doing that for years, unless its a real important thing i'm concentraiting on, then i just look at pics when i talk. i cant talk on the phone and stare at the wall.

I hope he is doing better since he got sick, being sick sucks.

I heard injury, not sick. Injuries REALLY suck because everything except one or two parts is fine, including your head and your "wanna's" but ya cant cause somethings broke. Whichever, I wish him the best also

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I heard injury, not sick. Injuries REALLY suck because everything except one or two parts is fine, including your head and your "wanna's" but ya cant cause somethings broke. Whichever, I wish him the best also

Chas is recovering from full body frostbite. This happened during one of the Denver blizzards where the power went out and Chas stayed home to defend his property. Where his house is used to be a good neighborhood. Now it's borderline at best. Anyway, he stayed home bundled up and thought he was fine but slowly his body was freezing. He cannot sit or lay in one position very long.

He describes it as similar to third degree burns except that it feels that way where the sun don't shine.

According to him it's not uncommon for people who have experienced this to commit suicide so there is an awful lot of depression and mental stress involved.

Prior to this Chas smashed his thumb which is critical to control the swivel knife when carving. And most of the sewing and cutting Chas did required a lot of heavy pressure using his hands so that was out. A very debilitating injury for a person who depends on his hands to get the work done.

Chas' mind is as sharp as ever. I wish that he had an apprentice to teach. Imagine a Rusty Melton with a year or so under Chas Clements tutelage.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Thanks John for the update re Mr. Clemens. I know there are a lot of people who truly care about him and are hoping he'll be able to make leather sing once again. His work is the best.

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
that sounds

About as horrific an injury as I have heard. And to have suffered it because he could not leave his house and be certain it would be as he left it on his return is really a tragedy.

Thanks for the information John, I wish him a speedy recovery, and wish him well.

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member
elephant envelope

Elephant envelope case by Chas 1 x 3, great case and virtually indestructible.

I acquired it from the gentleman who killed the elephant and had Chas make this case and an attaché style case.

C017Clements.jpg

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member
elephant attaché

This attaché style 2 x 6 case was made from the same poor elephant as the case pictured in the previous post.

Only case of this style made by Chas Clements.

The bullet hole is in the piece of skin used for this case.

C018Clements.jpg

ClementsC018.jpg

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how is chas doing now
i haven't heard his name in a long time

i remember i always meant to get one of his cases,but i waited too long

I hope he recovers from that trgedy

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
how is chas doing now
i haven't heard his name in a long time

i remember i always meant to get one of his cases,but i waited too long

I hope he recovers from that trgedy

I believe he passed away over a year ago.
Will Prout