When do I get concerned about USPS?

JC

Coos Cues
Sent a cue to Texas on Monday priority mail 2 day and it's not there.

Tracking is as follows:

Capture [640x480].JPG

Does this mean it's gone forever after being 3 days late priority mail? Never had this happen before and have shipped many cues like this. When do I start contacting the postal service? Can you even get a hold of them right now?

I did buy their insurance for the entire value but it was a pretty nice cue I put a lot of work into and losing it will really disappoint me and the buyer.

If anyone sees this cue somewhere other than Texas it's stolen from the mail.

DSC_0026 [1600x1200].jpg

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
I just mailed a cue package USPS Priority mail on Fri the 29th...Expected delivery was Mon the 1st...It got there late on Wed the 3rd....UPS has been a few days late also....
The Virus thing they say.....Don't panic in 20 years I've never had a package lost by USPS....

midnightmark

Registered
Uspo

At least you were thoughtful enough to buy insurance.. Good For You.
CONTACT USPO and have them put a trace on it.
Good Luck

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
Have had that happen a couple of times...went to different city by accident..should still be fine...also have had it the other way where buyers get the package a day early

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Believe you have to wait 30 days to trace, then if it not found file insurance claim, then 30 - 45 days for payment.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sent a cue to Texas on Monday priority mail 2 day and it's not there.

Tracking is as follows:

View attachment 547732

Does this mean it's gone forever after being 3 days late priority mail? Never had this happen before and have shipped many cues like this. When do I start contacting the postal service? Can you even get a hold of them right now?

I did buy their insurance for the entire value but it was a pretty nice cue I put a lot of work into and losing it will really disappoint me and the buyer.

If anyone sees this cue somewhere other than Texas it's stolen from the mail.

View attachment 547733

Mine got here today, JC. :) :) :)

Thanks again.

The USPS lady came while I was standing in the front yard spraying off some windows with the water hose.

Couldn't wait to get in the house and open the box.

PERFECT.

I hope that package doesn't get lost. That is a BEAUTIFUL cue and the customer will really be missing out on a SUPER cue.

Keeping fingers crossed for you and the customer.

Aloha.

Last edited:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I imagine that the mail, and shipping in general is as screwed up as most other things are these days. I don’t know that I’d get too excited for another day or two.

But then again, i’d probably feel different if that beautiful cue was mine!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s one nice cue. What wood did you use? If I wanted just the butt what would that cost? Thanks
I was in Coos Bay a couple of years age on a golf trip. I wish I knew about you then

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
last cue I ordered-from Ohio-
to Oklahoma- PRIORITY MAIL
Shipped on a Monday- to arrive that weds-Track showed USPS In possession...
but was late getting to me-
NO TRACK ACTIVITY FOR 1 WEEK-
The following Monday track stated-departing Ohio-
I received the cue that weds-
Sometime items misplaced at USPS-
BUT NEVER LOST,
SENDING OUT OR RECEIVING THRU USPS
I sent a cue out to Virginia- also Priority-
was supposed to arrive weds that week-
But didn't get there til Saturday

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s one nice cue. What wood did you use? If I wanted just the butt what would that cost? Thanks
I was in Coos Bay a couple of years age on a golf trip. I wish I knew about you then

It is cocobolo with a sindora burl handle.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I am a fan of USPS v/s UPS, in all the years of sending and receiving USPS one claim when their Nucklehead mailman left my New Stetson in a Pouring Rainstorm.

The problem is some USPS Emplotee do not give a crap, do not scan packages eveerytime per their rules. They are like Shotgun with Broken Trigger Speings, Unforgeable because of their UNION.

But in defense of USPS they handle how many packages, and letters daily no problems.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I've been shipping and receiving packages and it's been willy nilly to say the least. Even letters taking way too many days.

I have one cue going from here in CT to Baltimore I mailed it on Apr 28 and for 4 days it's 50 miles from me stuck in Springfield, MA.

I've had similar with both Fedex and USPS.

Apparently it's due to very short staff due to covid-19. Lots of cqlling in sick, workers not wanting to handle packages and all.

Give it an extra day or 2 then if no real progress I'd suggest calling them to trace.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Sent one to Hawaii two days later and It's there today :frown:

Hawaii would have to be by air...with the state of airlines today, they may have
used ground for the cue headed for Texas.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hawaii would have to be by air...with the state of airlines today, they may have
used ground for the cue headed for Texas.

And that driver is stopping at every truck stop and sweet talking the fat waitresses to get an extra scoop of gravy on his biscuits.

It should get there soon. I hope.

JC

Coos Cues
Thanks everyone I feel better now. I've been getting more and more anxious since Wednesday when it should have arrived. The customer has the tracking number and I haven't heard a peep from him but this is the second cue I have made for him. He knows I keep my word.

Will just chill for a few more days.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
old news

When I shipped a lot of stuff priority mail years ago it always arrived in the expected few days or in about ten days. Either it got the extra care and trip on a bird you expect with priority mail or it ended up on a truck with regular mail. USPS used to state this, no guarantee of speedy delivery because some Priority mail went standard paths if the priority mail system was overloaded. It was funny, as in strange, packages arrived in the expected two or three days or ten to fourteen. Very very rare for the timespan to be anywhere in between those two blocks of time. Of course covid may be slowing things to a crawl now making any usual predictions worthless.

I would contact USPS immediately so that it is looked for. If it is lost or stolen a fast search often recovers an item when waiting a few weeks doesn't.

I will ask, what did you ship the cue in? How packaged inside the outer container? Sometimes drivers and handlers prefer a package to disappear rather than arrive badly damaged for blame to be assigned.

Good luck!

Hu