Thorsten Hohmann Runs a 147

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I need a set of those balls!

BTW, my high break on a 12’ table is something like 53.

Put a decent 600 Fargo player on a snooker table for the first time and they’ll cry. It’s a HARD damn game! :)

Last edited:

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A nine foot table might get a little crowded with all those balls but those big pool pockets must surely help.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
A nine foot table might get a little crowded with all those balls but those big pool pockets must surely help.

I have a set of 2 1/4" snooker balls for my 9' pool table .... I rack 10 reds instead of 15 (leave out the back row) to make the table more manageable. The pockets do not help me :eek:

Dave

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting practice

He is a world champion great player
But that is not a 147
Hasn’t he run 300 or 400?

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fun to watch.

However, his very first black likely wouldn’t go in on a snooker table...not a shot that would be risked at that angle on snooker pockets.

I do the Reverse.. I play American 8 ball on my 12 foot snooker table using full size balls. It’s rare that I can run the table.

Just a note on 147s, It not only that they are extremely difficult in snooker. It’s also that Pros rarely try for them. Many shots are not worth The risk of missing and giving an advantage to The other player. A top pro might go for a 147 against a decent player like me but not against another top pro...I might then run 25 points if he misses...a top pro likely will likely run up 60 and win the game.

A hockey team could ‘gamble’, pull their goalie and score 12 goals in a game...however, the opposition would score 20. ‘Risk’ against benefit Determines every shot in pro snooker.