• It's ok.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • It's no good.

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Are there any plans of making this available for Android Based phones and Tablets ?

My wife has a Tablet and i am debating switching to Android from iPhone, and your great app is one of the things thats keeping me from switching just yet !!

-Steve

arsenius

Nothing ever registers...
Silver Member
Hi Steve,
Unfortunately no plans. Android programming is substantially different from iOS programming. I don't have the time to do both.
-Tim

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
How do you delete a player? I want to erase "player one" and player two.

Also, the screen doesn't reorient when the device is moved to its side. Here's why that's important..... A lot of these iPad have cases that have kick stands so they can be propped up while sitting in landscape view. It's nice to prop up the iPad on the table you're sitting at and just touch the screen...and so you can see the score while at the table just by looking over. A little feature like that would go a long way. Good job... You deserve high praise no matter what.
Dave

Last edited:

arsenius

Silver Member
How do you delete a player? I want to erase "player one" and player two.

Also, the screen doesn't reorient when the device is moved to its side. Here's why that's important..... A lot of these iPad have cases that have kick stands so they can be propped up while sitting in landscape view. It's nice to prop up the iPad on the table you're sitting at and just touch the screen...and so you can see the score while at the table just by looking over. A little feature like that would go a long way. Good job... You deserve high praise no matter what.
Dave

Hi Dave,

You cannot delete players 1 and 2, because they are used internally by the app. You can rename them, though, which allows you to use them as defaults.

Landscape mode is coming in v 2.0, along with iPad support. Here's a screenshot of the iPhone in landscape mode.

o8QJz.png

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Hi Dave,

You cannot delete players 1 and 2, because they are used internally by the app. You can rename them, though, which allows you to use them as defaults.

Landscape mode is coming in v 2.0, along with iPad support. Here's a screenshot of the iPhone in landscape mode.

o8QJz.png

Great news. I use mine on Ipad all the time, but it would be better to have landscape mode for the reasons mentioned.

By the way, when I email the results to myself or anyone, it always has a phantom first inning with 0 and 0 no matter how the game actually started.

Whenever I turn my BB on it opens up with one of my names as player one versus player 2. It always saves phantom games in the history, too that I have to delete.

Great app.

arsenius

Silver Member
Probably won't have it ready for this weekend, but I will need beta testers soon. Anyone who's interested, please send me your UDID email it to me at billiardsbuddy@gmail.com and I will get your phone setup for beta testing. (Sending me your UDID has the added benefit of allowing you to use pre-release versions of iOS, if you are into beta testing for apple.)

You can use this app to determine the UDID and send it via email from within the app.

Also, I ask that anyone interested in beta testing be patient with the process of getting their phone setup. It is a notoriously error prone process due to the protections apple has in place.

Just discovered that I put the wrong email address in my post asking for beta testers. It should have been @gmail, not @google. If anyone sent their udid to the wrong address, please try again. Sorry about that!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey,

I just upgraded from iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 5, the app transferred over as I wasn't worried that wouldn't but now I have ads on the screen again when I am real sure that I purchased the app months ago. Any remedy for this ?

Also are there plans to rework the graphics to fill the larger screen of the iPhone 5 ?

Thanks
Steve

arsenius

Silver Member
Hey,

I just upgraded from iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 5, the app transferred over as I wasn't worried that wouldn't but now I have ads on the screen again when I am real sure that I purchased the app months ago. Any remedy for this ?

Also are there plans to rework the graphics to fill the larger screen of the iPhone 5 ?

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

You can just repurchase the upgrade. Apple will realize that you bought it already and tell you that you won't be charged. Of course, you must use the same apple id that you used when you purchased it originally. (This is true for any app, not just mine.)

I can't check right now as I have my new development version installed, but I think I put a 'restore purchase' button on the history screen also. Either method will work.

iPhone 5 support is coming in the next version, which I'm working on now. I'm getting ready to send a beta to the people who sent me their UDIDs. I hope to get it out this weekend!

pO5BxDQ.jpg

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hi Steve,

You can just repurchase the upgrade. Apple will realize that you bought it already and tell you that you won't be charged. Of course, you must use the same apple id that you used when you purchased it originally. (This is true for any app, not just mine.)

I can't check right now as I have my new development version installed, but I think I put a 'restore purchase' button on the history screen also. Either method will work.

iPhone 5 support is coming in the next version, which I'm working on now. I'm getting ready to send a beta to the people who sent me their UDIDs. I hope to get it out this weekend!

pO5BxDQ.jpg

what's a UDID ? I'd like to try it out !!!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Steve, check out this thread in the main forum. I think you said you have an iPad too? If so, you can send me both UDIDs if you like.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=296507

I never got the iPad, but was debating it !!!

i was able to retrieve the ad free update version with your assistance.

Thank You Very Much !!

This App is great, it really made things easy while scoring matches at the SBE 14.1 Challenge. hope to use it again this year !!

-Steve

arsenius

Silver Member
I linked to a free app in the thread above. If you install it will take care of everything for you. (Tapatalk is not letting me paste the link...?)

Thanks for your kind words and glad to help!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I linked to a free app in the thread above. If you install it will take care of everything for you. (Tapatalk is not letting me paste the link...?)

Thanks for your kind words and glad to help!

when the program is updated for the 5, will i have to do anything special to get it to work. or will it be as easy as just pushing the update button ?

arsenius

Silver Member
Steve, that's actually something I'm looking at right now. Normally you could just delete the beta from your phone and then re-download the official version from the App Store. But I don't want everyone who tests to lose their history. If you are not worried about your data them it will be that simple.

arsenius

Silver Member
Maybe I misread your post. If you're not talking about beta testing, then yes, you will just hit 'update'! There should not be any problem with your history in that case.

arsenius

Silver Member
Just so everyone knows, today version 2.0 was released in the app store. It now supports device rotation and iPad. If you have given it a rating in the past, please do so again. Apple resets the ratings and reviews from version to version, so giving it a new rating will help keep it towards the top of the results. Thanks everyone! The link is in my signature.

Also, if anyone is using Facebook, please "Like" Billiards Buddy there.
https://www.facebook.com/BilliardsBuddy

From here on out I am planning on increasing the frequency of updates. Already have one ready to go out tonight.

Just remembered. This version should also include a fix for the "high run ending with a foul" issue. So please try it out and see if that's working properly.

Last edited:

berko

Aggressively passive
Silver Member
Just started mssing around with 14.1 and found this app.

Very useful.

Thanks!