Bob Manzino 25th Anniversary

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This month marks the 25th anniversary in cue making for Bob Manzino.

For those of us who have followed his work, many can recall that particular cue which stood out as being special or significant. For me, it was Silver Rhapsody, an award winning box cue he did for collector Ken Kerner in 2006. That cue gave the traditional box design a completely different look which no one had ever seen the likes of before. This cue was truly groundbreaking and took Bob to an entirely new level in his career. But, before we could really adjust to what was happening, La Finestra comes out in 2008 and stuns everyone. From there, the next award winning cue debuts at the 2010 ICCS in Sarasota, Fl. Dubbed Evolution, this decadent cue would become what some still believe to be the most beautiful cue of all-time.

Well, it didn’t take but for a few of these stunning creations to rekindle my interest in cue collecting and eventually bring Bob and myself together in 2013 for what would eventually result in a few more masterpieces plus a great friendship.

Knowing this date would be approaching, I thought it would be fun and interesting to research the last 12-13 years, looking for some of Bob’s finest examples of his work. Actually, I began assembling pictures as far back as April of last year. The task was big in that not only were some photos hard to locate, the quality was also poor in many cases. What I needed was various shots so that the detail could be captured and sufficiently illustrated in order to do each cue justice. In the end, I got what I was after and then some. As I carefully studied each cue design, I began to appreciate how each had to have been executed and how they each presented their own unique challenges.

So, here they are, twelve of Bob’s finest. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Silver Rhapsody.jpg
    Silver Rhapsody.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 801
  • La Finestra.jpg
    La Finestra.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 788
  • Evolution.jpg
    Evolution.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 822

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More cues.

Attachments

• Bohemian.jpg
    Bohemian.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 793
  • Bonsai.jpg
    Bonsai.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 737
  • Chama.jpg
    Chama.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 749

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More cues (cont)

Attachments

• Crown Imperial.jpg
    Crown Imperial.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 731
  • Eccentricity.jpg
    Eccentricity.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 732
  • Eden.jpg
    Eden.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 735

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all of these cues deserve praise
Chama is my favorite,it looks
almost impossible to build a cue that elaborate

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last cues.

Paul

Attachments

• El Colmillo Blanco.jpg
    El Colmillo Blanco.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 790
  • Gatsby.jpg
    Gatsby.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 763
  • Tangiers.jpg
    Tangiers.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 750

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They sorta look like pool cues but different.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely the best collection of manzinos in the world. I truly think they will go UP in value for sure,and you can,t say that about many cuemakers with certainty.

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to be clear, most of these are not mine. This is a collection of cues Bob has built for a number of different collectors over the years.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats...

Mr. Walker.. :)
Thank You for posting a Gallery of Bob's works..
A real pleasure to see, and, all beautifuly presented.

Mr. Bob Manzino, :)
Congratulations. 25 years and many beautiful contributions
to the world of The Cue Arts.

Alton Takata :)

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well,let’s hope they get played and not collected for increased value. Which is what most do. They are pool cues not Ferrari’s. Even if it was a Ferrari it would be a shame not to drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This month marks the 25th anniversary in cue making for Bob Manzino.

For those of us who have followed his work, many can recall that particular cue which stood out as being special or significant. For me, it was Silver Rhapsody, an award winning box cue he did for collector Ken Kerner in 2006. That cue gave the traditional box design a completely different look which no one had ever seen the likes of before. This cue was truly groundbreaking and took Bob to an entirely new level in his career. But, before we could really adjust to what was happening, La Finestra comes out in 2008 and stuns everyone. From there, the next award winning cue debuts at the 2010 ICCS in Sarasota, Fl. Dubbed Evolution, this decadent cue would become what some still believe to be the most beautiful cue of all-time.

Well, it didn’t take but for a few of these stunning creations to rekindle my interest in cue collecting and eventually bring Bob and myself together in 2013 for what would eventually result in a few more masterpieces plus a great friendship.

Knowing this date would be approaching, I thought it would be fun and interesting to research the last 12-13 years, looking for some of Bob’s finest examples of his work. Actually, I began assembling pictures as far back as April of last year. The task was big in that not only were some photos hard to locate, the quality was also poor in many cases. What I needed was various shots so that the detail could be captured and sufficiently illustrated in order to do each cue justice. In the end, I got what I was after and then some. As I carefully studied each cue design, I began to appreciate how each had to have been executed and how they each presented their own unique challenges.

So, here they are, twelve of Bob’s finest. Enjoy.

There just aren't enough superlatives. :cool:

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bob is amazing. Thanks for posting! Here is Rivendell...

Attachments

• Manzino Rivendell.jpg
    Manzino Rivendell.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 565

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow 25 years has flown by fast. When Bob bought his original cue building equipment from me 25 years ago I knew he was going to be something special. The reason was he advanced to building thousand dollar plus cues in like 6 months. From zero experience to over a $1000 inlaid cues in that short of a time was unheard of at the time. He achieved quality levels in a few months that it takes most others years to achieve. And he has achieved higher levels in 25 years than 99% of all cuemakers will in a lifetime. I know I only helped him get started, but I feel kinda of like a proud coach who has watched one of his early students go on to win the Olympics.