New room in Decatur,Al

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a very nice new poolroom in Decatur, Al called Six Pockets. It has all new diamonds, around 16 barboxes and I think 6, 9 footers. They serve any kind of drinks, have good food and is non-smoking, with a nice deck outside for the smokers. They have a 9 ball tournament every Friday, that's been having over 30 players in it and a 8 ball tournament on sat with just as many or more. Two nights a week, play all the pool you want for 5.00. This is the best place in Al I have seen for pool players.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I knew one was opening in Decatur but wasn't sure if it ever did or not. Sounds like a good room and the non-smoking part is a plus for me. That's a pretty good turnout on the tournaments too. Are they handicapped? I'm only 20 miles from Decatur so this sounds like a good Saturday outing this weekend.

DblGonzo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great Pool Room, I have played there several times. If you plan on playing in the tournaments you better bring your "A Game". The best players around come to the 9 ball on Fridays. They only charge for the table not the number of players. $8 an hour and if you are a APA or BCA member they give you an discount of buck or two an hour. The food menu is a bit lacking in volume of items but it is all good and they are working on expanding the menu. Also if you are playing in the tournament they give you free play an hour before the start and during the tournament. $10 entry and they have a $30 on the last friday of the month.

6pockets

Registered
6 Pockets

Thanks for the great reviews. The tournaments are not handicapped. We do 9 ball Friday and 8 ball Saturday at 8pm, 10 ball Sunday at 5pm all double elimination. $10 entry plus $3 green fee. We do Calcutta if we have 32 players. The 4th Saturday of every month is our $30 9 ball tournament. Come play with some of the best in Alabama.

Thanks
Paul
Owner

6pockets

Registered
6 Pockets $500 added

Make plans to come down the 4th Saturday of every month for our 9 ball open tournament.$35 double elimination, race to 5.Last month we had 42 players with 1st place taking home $1300. Registration ends at 8pm sharp then Calcutta. We always have top action players here!!! In the last 2 months we have had Gary Abood, Harrold M, Larry Nevel, Robb Saez, Justin Bergman, Nick H, Roadman, Johnathan Tedder, Guy D, Rickey P, Corey Deuel, and many many more!!! Adam Wilson Custom Cue Shop NOW OPEN!!

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
I've heard this is a very nice place. I will be making a trip down there very soon.