For Sale: Cue Smith lathe, Inlay Machine and extras. Second Posting

DallasJackson

Registered
UPDATE:

The lathe has sold. I was waiting for Chris Hightower to comment again based on the other pics I posted, but someone local was happy with the lathe and wanted it.

The only thing left is the inlay machine. I have people who are interested and who have told me they will get back with me.

One person bid me $600 for the inlay machine and the six brass patterns (plus the inlay odds and ends consisting of about 20 blank brass plate, pre-cut inlays, some inlay materials).

Another person said they were willing to pay $500.

I am going to give those two people an opportunity to get back with me unless someone wants to do a deal in the $500 - $600 range (you pay shipping).

PM me if you want the inlay machine.

Attachments

• inlay machine.jpg
    inlay machine.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,703
  • patterns side a.jpg
    patterns side a.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 1,640
  • patterns side b.jpg
    patterns side b.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 1,433
Last edited:

DallasJackson

Registered
Does this lathe have the gear rack or lead screw ??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If I knew what a gear rack or a lead screw were, I'd be able to tell you. Like I said, I am a cabinet maker by hobby. Cue making is well out of my wheelhouse. I'm just wanting to get this stuff in the hands of someone who can use it.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
If I knew what a gear rack or a lead screw were, I'd be able to tell you. Like I said, I am a cabinet maker by hobby. Cue making is well out of my wheelhouse. I'm just wanting to get this stuff in the hands of someone who can use it.
I understand. Kinda hoping Chris would chime in. Not sure on his early model lathes myself.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dang.... every time I see one of these I'm either late to the party of or they are asking to much

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have had calls and emails about this so I am going to post my observations here.
It is not lead screw. It is rack and pinion small tooth 64 pitch gear.
In the pictures there is no small tooling, collets, foot control, router, spring loaded taper bar cross slide, powerfeed unit, delrin shaft taper bar, or the two steady rests with bearings that originally came with the machine. He may have them and just not have shown them in the pictures.
It seems like I saw pictures of this a few months ago with some of those items also shown.
If more pictures can be sent to me showing the smaller items I will tell them what should be with the lathe and what should be with the inlay machine.

Last edited:

DallasJackson

Registered
I have had calls and emails about this so I am going to post my observations here.
It is not lead screw. It is rack and pinion small tooth 64 pitch gear.
In the pictures there is no small tooling, collets, foot control, router, spring loaded taper bar cross slide, powerfeed unit, delrin shaft taper bar, or the two steady rests with bearings that originally came with the machine. He may have them and just not have shown them in the pictures.
It seems like I saw pictures of this a few months ago with some of those items also shown.
If more pictures can be sent to me showing the smaller items I will tell them what should be with the lathe and what should be with the inlay machine.

This is the unit I emailed you about back in June. I replaced four of the pics in the original post with four detailed pics of the lathe and the parts I have. Comments would be welcome. Someone asked about the steady rests and I have looked for them, but have not located them. What I am showing in the pics is all I know that I have.

Last edited:

DallasJackson

Registered
UPDATE:

The lathe has sold. I was waiting for Chris Hightower to comment again based on the other pics I posted, but someone local was happy with the lathe and wanted it.

The only thing left is the inlay machine. I have people who are interested and who have told me they will get back with me. (pics are posted at top of thread)

One person bid me $600 for the inlay machine and the six brass patterns (plus the inlay odds and ends consisting of about 20 blank brass plate, pre-cut inlays, some inlay materials).

Another person said they were willing to pay $500.

I am going to give those two people an opportunity to get back with me unless someone wants to do a deal in the $500 - $600 range (you pay shipping).

PM me if you want the inlay machine.