How tightly/lightly do you hold your cue?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/HtvHvj1aoY8
Alex Pagulayan has an extremely loose grip and it got me thinking, how loose can I go and what would be the benefits? Here’s a video letting you know what my personal results were. Have a great day and get to a pool table!

I generally keep a white knuckle death grip on the cue and poke at the cue ball like I'm afraid of it and it might explode.

RVelle

Registered
For me when I used to play alot (just getting back into the game after a 20 year hiatus), using a soft relaxed grip...

One thing really helped my game a ton, I severed a tendon in my non dominant hand, and on my first league night playing after it happened, i assumed I wouldn't really be able to play, match came up, I fumbled around on my first two shots then realized my only choice was to play one handed.

I won all 5 of my games that night, and a good portion of other matches after...what that really did was made me shoot softer, and inturn more percise and consistant, it did mess up my game once my hand healed trying to go back to playing with both hands, but that eventually also came back, playing that way got me alot of strange looks but taught me alot in those 10 weeks.

Now I need to relearn it all, so this was a great grip reminder...thanks mytheory...

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
48678845133_40f4520c6e_m.jpg

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Something else I experimented with long ago

Grip just firmly enough to control the cue playing one handed not jacked up. If you need a little more for a shot your hand will tighten on it's own.

Hu

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I generally keep a white knuckle death grip on the cue and poke at the cue ball like I'm afraid of it and it might explode.

I heard that’s how you get zero deflection on the cue ball AND cancel spin induced throw at the same time right? And it also makes the pockets play 15% looser