DCC - Who's going and when?

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Im going with my best buddy. Be there the first 5 days of the event. Looking forward to meeting folks in the AZB room.

ljmoss

L J Moss
Silver Member
calling all bca members pack your bags for dcc

Now that the announcement is out that there will be a bca amateur 8 ball event (the ohio regional) (does not mean you have to be from ohio)held at the executive across the street for the first time during the ddc event myself and a few of my players will be flying up. bca members take a look at the opportunity being provided --to see the dcc and have your own amateur tournament running along side! go to www.playbca.com for details.
what an incredible opportunity for the bca members across the country.
in addition i believe an open 9 ball has been added for anyone to enter. i think it would be great to have our bca 9 ball nationals there next year!
imo. can you hear me greg?

ljmoss

T

Timberly

It says it's open to all BCA league players....

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 350

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
ljmoss said:
Now that the announcement is out that there will be a bca amateur 8 ball event (the ohio regional) (does not mean you have to be from ohio)held at the executive across the street for the first time during the ddc event myself and a few of my players will be flying up. bca members take a look at the opportunity being provided --to see the dcc and have your own amateur tournament running along side! go to www.playbca.com for details.
what an incredible opportunity for the bca members across the country.
in addition i believe an open 9 ball has been added for anyone to enter. i think it would be great to have our bca 9 ball nationals there next year!
imo. can you hear me greg?

ljmoss

I played in this last year. Nice little event on barboxes. The players from DCC kept coming over looking for action :D

a couple of the 3-cushion tables were over there too.

-s

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I plan on going for the whole tourney (5th-13th). This will be my first time at the DCC and I'm originally from Louisville!

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
The Big Decision...

I put in some time and money (website for the raffle) for our room at DCC already with every intension of going. However, yesterday I had to decide whether I should still go or not.

5 years ago, I was tested to see if I could have lasik done and my left eye was too poor to fix. I just had the tests done again and they said with the advancements made since then, I am now a candidate for a 95% left eye and 100% right eye.

I know my game will fall for a while after being able to see the balls 100% of the time. When I first got glasses to shoot with-that happened. There were still times I would have to look over my glasses for long shots and seeing colored ear-muffs instead of balls made me really rely on feel instead of vision. Being able to see the balls all the time will really change things.

So to fund this, I will be giving up going to DCC this year. I can't stand waiting another year to finally attend this event for the first time. I'm guessing my ability to play better and to see better should come first. I suppose it will just mean I will be able to enjoy DCC even more in 2008.

So, I will be stuck watching from home via the internet.

But hey, you can cheer me up...if you are at the TV-Table, thrown up a peace sign for me!

Thanks for everyone's participation in the raffle. I am sure it will be a great year and a great room.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Donovan said:
I put in some time and money (website for the raffle) for our room at DCC already with every intension of going. However, yesterday I had to decide whether I should still go or not.

5 years ago, I was tested to see if I could have lasik done and my left eye was too poor to fix. I just had the tests done again and they said with the advancements made since then, I am now a candidate for a 95% left eye and 100% right eye.

I know my game will fall for a while after being able to see the balls 100% of the time. When I first got glasses to shoot with-that happened. There were still times I would have to look over my glasses for long shots and seeing colored ear-muffs instead of balls made me really rely on feel instead of vision. Being able to see the balls all the time will really change things.

So to fund this, I will be giving up going to DCC this year. I can't stand waiting another year to finally attend this event for the first time. I'm guessing my ability to play better and to see better should come first. I suppose it will just mean I will be able to enjoy DCC even more in 2008.

So, I will be stuck watching from home via the internet.

But hey, you can cheer me up...if you are at the TV-Table, thrown up a peace sign for me!

Thanks for everyone's participation in the raffle. I am sure it will be a great year and a great room.
Man, you really need to get your priorities straight.:D

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I'll be there for the banks and then back the following weekend to wrap up the event. Cannot be off work enough to stay for the whole tourney. I only live a couple of hours North so the commute is not that bad..
I cannot wait!

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Donovan said:
Donovan, why don't you use CareCredit to pay for it? I recommend that to my LASIK patients.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
I have a room at the Executive West, if anyone is interested in sharing.

Non-smokers only, please.
I will be surprised if you don't get a taker or 2 on that proposition.:rolleyes:
Hell, I've got a room myself and I'm thinking about it.:D :D

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
Donovan, why don't you use CareCredit to pay for it? I recommend that to my LASIK patients.

Well between my spending account and having one eye done on Dec. 30 and the other done on Jan.2, I will still owe like $800. I did sign up for Care Credit, but I am not a fan of owing anyone. I will want to get it paid off ASAP. That is where my DCC Vacation money comes in. I had a grand set aside and I will use to to pay off the leftovers instead of the trip.

It is cool that you do this. Will I enjoy seeing again or will it just mess up my already pathetic game? ;)

T

Timberly

Donovan said:
Donovan, you put so much effort and time into helping out with the raffle and I know you really, really wanted to go to the DCC. I'm truly sorry for you and us that you're not going to be able to go this year.

You have to take this opportunity you've waited so long for. I don't think you'll regret it at all. It sounds like you've made the right choice and I'm happy for you that you can get this done and have better eye sight. Please let us know how it goes. We'll be thinking of you. ;)

Sweet Marissa said:
Are you a doctor? :confused:

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Donovan said:
Well between my spending account and having one eye done on Dec. 30 and the other done on Jan.2, I will still owe like $800. I did sign up for Care Credit, but I am not a fan of owing anyone. I will want to get it paid off ASAP. That is where my DCC Vacation money comes in. I had a grand set aside and I will use to to pay off the leftovers instead of the trip.

It is cool that you do this. Will I enjoy seeing again or will it just mess up my already pathetic game? ;)
I beat a guy out of a grand the night of my second surgery.

The doctor I had went to told me to just take my contacts out the night before, but you're supposed to take them out two weeks before the day of the procedure. Be sure to ask your doctor what his enhancement rate is. Also: What laser does your doctor use? Are you having traditional or custom done?

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
I beat a guy out of a grand the night of my second surgery.The doctor I had went to told me to just take my contacts out the night before, but you're supposed to take them out two weeks before the day of the procedure. Be sure to ask your doctor what his enhancement rate is. Also: What laser does your doctor use? Are you having traditional or custom done?
Playing pool??? :rolleyes: