schon ID

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
That is a CSX Schon, but I'll be damned if I can remember the number. A friend of mine had one and the finish on his was coming off like yours.
I see that it no longer shows up in Schon's product line. :smile:

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope this helps- CX08

I included a link to the CX line catalog that another member here has on his site.

Schon CX08

I believe the original MSRP was $1150.00

Good shooting to you!

Kevin

Last edited:

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even Schon doesn't know what cue is which. I have a original Runde, 1989. JR. said anyone could have made the cue?
He's clueless and doesn't care.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no

Even Schon doesn't know what cue is which. I have a original Runde, 1989. JR. said anyone could have made the cue?

No that's not true they just don't care about any Runde era made cues, anything above
1993 and they'll tell you the model. Well they would have when Evan Clark was still
running it.
I believe it's under new management.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
I call BS

Just because you didn't get the answer you want doesn't mean the one you got wasn't true. If you want a cue ID'd by Schon they will for a minimal fee. If you had any idea how many requests a week they received you would understand. Keep in mind if you are not the original owner, you are not a customer. If anyone wants help ID'ing a Schon I will gladly help with what I know, but if you disparage Schon don't bother. I have a cue Bob built before Schon was a company and several of his Runde cues and am also a Schon dealer, as well as, a Segen dealer. John, Evan, and Bob all are excellent people and put out excellent cues.

Fenwick, if you meant Romine Jr, and not John who runs the shop, I cannot speak to that. I do not know him or did I ever meet Sr.

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
What kind of joint?

can anyone help id this 6 pt schon? original price and model

That does not look like a SS joint, I'm not familiar with any Schon made cues with a wood joint like that. Alex Brick was known for converting Schons to ivory joints, but I have no idea who may of done that one.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
It's in the shadows there in the picture, but if you look close it's the standard SS joint with 5/16 x 14 pin. :smile:

15cherries

15cherries
Silver Member
nice cue

re-finish it and it will be beautiful again. I have a few of the CX's including an unplayed CX-06 that in my opinion is the most beautiful schon cue ever, a lot of the CX's came to Canada so I believe they are a little rarer than the others.