View Single Post
Old
  (#12)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-15-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.G. View Post
Really, I can't watch pool anymore.

If you compare World Cup of Pool against recent Snooker matches it's like watching infants in their toy cars competing against some serious Le Mans racing.
And yes, I'm also talking about the commentators.

Pool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXbrDOk3oTc

versus Snooker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXStPUKsZRM

Those Snooker guys have again upped the bar on both potting and tactical play.
Also on a technical level, you see the Pool guys wobbling around with their huge sticks whereas the Snooker guys are steady and straight that it's pure fun to watch.

Cheerio - that has been an emotional post...
This is why there is more than one type of beer and scotch being made. Snooker to me is like watching a straight pool match from 1920 with nicer cameras.
They are two separate games it's like trying to compare different types of car racing or baseball to cricket, football to rugby, wool to cotton. Each is it's own thing.
And there is nothing I enjoy more than reminding the "snoobs" (snooker snobs) in YouTube pool video comments about that. "sure it's easy with those giant pockets" "snooker players would beat them all", blah blah blah..
Snoobs are closely followed by those that have to mention Efren in every match comment to say how much better he is than anyone else playing in the video.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Last edited by hang-the-9; 07-15-2019 at 02:20 PM.