mezz and ob combo

tscar

Registered
Just wondering what size pin would fit for united joint and if it needs to be piloted, cant find definitive info on ob website... Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

HeLLFiSH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a regular 5/16x14 piloted cue wont be able to fit on the Mezz United Joint. I tried fitting a regular 5/16x14 piloted OB-2 on my Mezz, and it didnt go through fully, a few threads remained. The pin insert on the shaft might need a slight pass of 21/64" or even 11/32" diameter for about half an inch into the insert maybe. Royce from OB cues might know more, or even Mezz USA could answer.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a regular 5/16x14 piloted cue wont be able to fit on the Mezz United Joint. I tried fitting a regular 5/16x14 piloted OB-2 on my Mezz, and it didnt go through fully, a few threads remained. The pin insert on the shaft might need a slight pass of 21/64" or even 11/32" diameter for about half an inch into the insert maybe. Royce from OB cues might know more, or even Mezz USA could answer.

I've thrown a joss shaft on my mezz without a problem.

dave sutton

Banned
sorry misread.

ive had the same prob with my mcdaniel cues. you may need the pilot taken down and a tap ran thru the insert

Last edited:

HeLLFiSH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've thrown a joss shaft on my mezz without a problem.

I've thrown my 314 on there and it fit fine as well. The only diff between the OB-2 that I had was the 314 is that the OB-2 was brand new, while the 314 was used. I inspected the joint insert on the 314, and could see some shards of brass dust from the insert.

embassy147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering what size pin would fit for united joint and if it needs to be piloted, cant find definitive info on ob website... Any help appreciated.

Mezz now has united joint OB shafts. Ask a Mezz dealer. If you get a 5/16-14 shaft from OB USA, it might fit or it might not. I do not know why, but that is the fact.

tscar

Registered
Thanks to You

Wow, appreciate all the responses to this question... Just figured it would be a more popular combo and lots of people had at least tried this. Some websites throw Mezz into the shaft sizes of 5/16x4 but after reading I think I pay for the united joint :( By the way, anyone tried the Alpha shaft from Mezz compared to others? Thanks, todd