upa self seving enterprise?

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Amen. That is what I understood Jay did...Jay not give up until everyone was or is paid in full all the monies owed from the $25000 Added Desert Shootout.
Mark Griffin played a BIG part in all of that too in getting money to the players. He did not have to do what he did but found a way to make it work for the players. Both Jay and Mark are responsible for all the money that the players have got from that even. I think that its people like these that we need alot more of in the pool world, people that go out of their way to make things good even if it costs them time or money or both with no reward for doing it.

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Actually Holly, I think that Jay's name should be mentioned because he is the one who was also working on getting the money out of Bobbit and getting paperwork ready file against Bobbit if he didn't make an effort to pay the players. So if he is going to be mentioned at all it can only be in a good way.

No disrespect my friend :) But Bruce did not necessarily mention anyone in a good way...just in a controversial way. If that is what he meant, that is what he should have written.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You should be a Professional POOF Reader, and go POOR, and Disappear!:wink:

WTF is a "POOF reader"???:D

If someone paid me to proof read your posts, not only would I never be out of work, but I would need an assistant.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Mark Griffin played a BIG part in all of that too in getting money to the players. He did not have to do what he did but found a way to make it work for the players. Both Jay and Mark are responsible for all the money that the players have got from that even. I think that its people like these that we need alot more of in the pool world, people that go out of their way to make things good even if it costs them time or money or both with no reward for doing it.

All of what you say is true, but it is sad that The UPA that sanctioned the EVENT, apparently did not make an effort to collect the Moines owed the TD, Players, and People who got rubber checks.

IMHO if an organization sanctions an event they should be responsible for the people getting paid also.

The Phoenix Coyotes Hockey Franchise apparently went BANKRUPTED, but the NHL who sanctions Hockey came in, took over the Phoenix franchise, people are still getting paid, while the NHL finds a new owner who want to keep the Franchise in the Valley of the Sun.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
All of what you say is true, but it is sad that The UPA that sanctioned the EVENT, apparently did not make an effort to collect the Moines owed the TD, Players, and People who got rubber checks.

IMHO if an organization sanctions an event they should be responsible for the people getting paid also.

The Phoenix Coyotes Hockey Franchise apparently went BANKRUPTED, but the NHL who sanctions Hockey came in, took over the Phoenix franchise, people are still getting paid, while the NHL finds a new owner who want to keep the Franchise in the Valley of the Sun.

Computer= $500.00

Desk= $200.00

Internet connection= $25.00 a month

Watching some guy with a gay cowboy dressed as a clown avatar repeatedly try to look like he has some idea what he is talking about and fail miserably but continue posting because he thinks people actually care what he has to say= PRICELESS

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
No disrespect my friend :) But Bruce did not necessarily mention anyone in a good way...just in a controversial way. If that is what he meant, that is what he should have written.
Holly, I agree with you. I just wanted to make sure that it was clear to all who read that post that Jay was only involved in a positive way.

Actually in a post not too long ago I had started a thread about supporting the sport and not being negative when people come up with new ideas to make the sport better. COCO asked me what I was doing to help the sport. I know I am not the savior of pool by any stretch of the imagination but I have done some things I think that was good for pool and he found a way to try and belittle it. Thats was exactly the kind of negative I was refering to in my thread.

That left me with a bad taste in my mouth about COCO so I am not suprised that he didn't have anything good to say about Jay. JMO.

Just so you know COCO, yes that comment did piss me off. I am not asking for pats on the back for anything I have done as I do it cos I enjoy it but I also don't like it being negated and I am sure that Jay feels the same way.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member

Coco, I do agree with this post. The UPA sanctioned the event and therefore it became their responsibility to make sure that the $$ was there. I thought that was a big part of sactioning events and getting paid for the sactioning. I am sure the UPA got their sanctioning fee up front and we not out any $$. They should have been the ones fighting to get the $$ not Mark and Jay.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Computer= $500.00

Desk= $200.00

Internet connection= $25.00 a month

Watching some guy with a gay cowboy dressed as a clown avatar repeatedly try to look like he has some idea what he is talking about and fail miserably but continue posting because he thinks people actually care what he has to say= PRICELESS

I love it..

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Coco, I do agree with this post. The UPA sanctioned the event and therefore it became their responsibility to make sure that the $$ was there. I thought that was a big part of sactioning events and getting paid for the sactioning. I am sure the UPA got their sanctioning fee up front and we not out any $$. They should have been the ones fighting to get the $$ not Mark and Jay.

Well I am glad you agree, and as for Jays part of the event when I said he ran it, I thought people understood he was the TD, ONLY TD, and TD's do run events. That is what they are hired for, to run events.

Jay was not the Money Man, or Promoter, he came to town to be TD, and that was his role TD only. He also was a victim.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jane, you ignorant slut...

Bruce...again you choose to share only part of the story, stirring stuff up.

I don't think you are qualified to operate an AZB id, much less the 4+ you have.

Last edited:

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Just curious what anyone thinks about the upa (Frank alvarez's tour) should be allowed to advertise when they cannot afford to pay the players nor have any real concern for their finacial well being. I am not sure what seving means but I am sure in Frank's case it is not a positive thing.:)

All I can say is, I am glad we are friends :grin:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Bruce...again you choose to share only part of the story, stirring stuff up.

The Valley Billiards News ran a HEADLINE after the Arizona UPA Event, know as the Desert Shootout.

"NO PAY FOR GREAT PLAY"

Kind of sad. So Black-Balled what part of the story would you like to share.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Valley Billiards News ran a HEADLINE after the Arizona UPA Event, know as the Desert Shootout.

"NO PAY FOR GREAT PLAY"

Kind of sad. So Black-Balled what part of the story would you like (for me, Caca cowboi) to share.

The first quote contains the facts that should have been included in the 2nd post quoted below for the sake of clarity. Tool.

Amen. That is what I understood Jay did...Jay not give up until everyone was or is paid in full all the monies owed ...

Jay Halfert ran one of the UPA's $25,000 Added Desert Shootout about 18 months back, and I wonder if the winners got all their money? Or the balance due them after the check bounced?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
non pool related post section

Oh my holy christ.

Is it a REQUIREMENT for all world-class pool players to have all of the following, rolled up in one?

1. A supreme arrogance, dismissing other's opinion at every turn.

2. Lack of reading comprehension. (I.e. insulting someone who is trying to help you out, because you cannot actually "read between the lines)

3. Low self esteem.

4. Self absorption, and no ability to see the "big picture.

Mebbe it is just one of those things. You gotta have a certain overall personality.

To be a "winner".

Note the quotation marks around winner.

Russ

I want to let some of the more informed posters here know that the reason I do say these things like I do is because I make a pool related post and they come on hear talking about pizza. This was the reply I got from these pizza lovers, and then they (the troll posters try to hijack the thread talking about total nonsense.

I don't think I am any better than anyone else, however if I have a non pool related topic to discuss in an open forum than I will chooses az's open forum for non pool related subjects. You see I don't just sit around and talk about eating pizza and as if to downplay another posters thread that is asking for a genuine response. So I apolagized to Celtic but I think I will retract my apolagy, if your intention Celtic was to highjack the thread and get me into a pizza conversation, then well done. But you did not add any real substance to what the actual topic was about so next time try and stay on the subject OK.

Last edited:

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude... go to the doctor !

I want to let some of the more informed posters here know that the reason I do say these things like I do is because I make a pool related post and they come on hear talking about pizza. This was the reply I got from these pizza lovers, and then they (the troll posters try to hijack the thread talking about total nonsense.

I don't think I am any better than anyone else, however if I have a non pool related topic to discuss in an open forum than I will chooses az's open forum for non pool related subjects. You see I don't just sit around and talk about eating pizza and as if to downplay another posters thread that is asking for a genuine response. So I apolagized to Celtic but I think I will retract my apolagy, if your intention Celtic was to highjack the thread and get me into a pizza conversation, then well done. But you did not add any real substance to what the actual topic was about so next time try and stay on the subject OK.

I'm really not trying to be a total smart@ss but I really think you need to be on medicine...you come off as being way to sensitive & seem to take things way out of context and go off like a mad man..start smoking pot or something cuz you all wound up like a top...Life is way to short to walk around with a chip on your shoulder all the time.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm really not trying to be a total smart@ss but I really think you need to be on medicine...you come off as being way to sensitive & seem to take things way out of context and go off like a mad man..start smoking pot or something cuz you all wound up like a top...Life is way to short to walk around with a chip on your shoulder all the time.

YEah...

Danny, we all knmow your UPA deal means lots to you and I guess there is a part of me that is sorry for poking fun at something that means so much to you.

There is another part that is tired of hearing about it. The UPA will never pay you, neither will the Berhmans, nor will you ever pay your dues. You gonna let it give you an ulcer? I really hope not.

You can use my motto: Fukc those motherfukcers!

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Well I am glad you agree, and as for Jays part of the event when I said he ran it, I thought people understood he was the TD, ONLY TD, and TD's do run events. That is what they are hired for, to run events.

Jay was not the Money Man, or Promoter, he came to town to be TD, and that was his role TD only. He also was a victim.
Are you bipolar? You just accused him of being responsible for players not getting paid in this very thread!