JB Cases in smoky environment

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being that these cases are a nylon/polyester material, do they hold the stinky smoke smell pretty bad?

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No smoking in Illinois pool rooms, so not and issue.
I remember years ago coming home and my wife asking me to change my clothes because I smelled like an ash tray.

By the way my JB basic rugged case is the best case I’ve ever owned.

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No smoking in Illinois pool rooms, so not and issue.
I remember years ago coming home and my wife asking me to change my clothes because I smelled like an ash tray.

By the way my JB basic rugged case is the best case I’ve ever owned.

I shoot a few leagues around town, 99% of those matches are in a smoky environment, usually bars/social clubs

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i cant say i have noticed a problem.
i dont smoke and played for years in a very smoky room with my jb rugged 4x8 case

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My JB case is an ostrich skin 4x6 and it is fine. And my Hustler case is still my favorite. Leather, no worries.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
We take cases in for repair and sometimes trade ins. There have only been a few times that I have noticed a strong odor that I would say smells like dirty smoky clothing. Most of the time those cases have also been filthy as well.

I find that a damp cloth does well for the exterior and for the interior I vacuum it and if it is a removable one you can take it out to air out. If not then put a small bag of baking soda into the case with the top of the bag open to absorb the odors. Be careful not to spill the baking soda into the interior.

You can use febreeze on the exterior if you need to but don't use on the interior. While it might not harm anything I would not take a chance on having a bad reaction with the cue.

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We take cases in for repair and sometimes trade ins. There have only been a few times that I have noticed a strong odor that I would say smells like dirty smoky clothing. Most of the time those cases have also been filthy as well.

I find that a damp cloth does well for the exterior and for the interior I vacuum it and if it is a removable one you can take it out to air out. If not then put a small bag of baking soda into the case with the top of the bag open to absorb the odors. Be careful not to spill the baking soda into the interior.

You can use febreeze on the exterior if you need to but don't use on the interior. While it might not harm anything I would not take a chance on having a bad reaction with the cue.

Thanks for the info! I purchased a 3x6 ultimate rugged off your website this afternoon. Can't wait to get it!

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like the others say, no worries. I used to have two cases, a smoking and non-smoking, but then one day I thought we were at a non-smoking bar so I brought my JB case, turns out it was a smoking bar. After a few days I couldn't even tell, and I can't stand the smell of smoke (*I smoked for 25 years). I was in a smoking bar last night for a few hours and just took a whiff of my case, very faint scent, would be gone by tomorrow but I'll be in another smoking bar tonight...:thumbup:

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For cleaning or partially deodorizing leather, plastic or rubber I use Leather Honey Cleaner. You buy it on Amazon or Ebay for $16 - 19 for 4oz and it makes 32 oz of cleaner that lasts forever. I use it to clean every part of shoes (new or preowned) besides the interior/mesh/laces. Leather Honey Cleaner is simply amazing, it will clean any leather that isn't suede, nubuck or any slick/smooth type of non nubuck leather (like Sperry shoes have). Febreeze doesn't remove odors it just distorts them or makes them worse like a smokey woman with too much perfume.

Last edited:

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I originally got my rugged JB I gave it a good coating of Scotchgard.