A Public Statement

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Give it up, already.

Jesus!

If you don't like or use or believe CTE, then GTFO of the threads and STFU.

None of you are Charles Bronson in Death Wish, where you need to avenge something or protect somebody.

If people want to talk about CTE or believe in it, then quit worrying about it and stay the hell out of the threads.

I'm neither pro- or anti-CTE, but it seems that some people think it works for them. What is that hurting YOU?

You ain't the POLICE.

Leave the people ALONE.

I wish they'd ban about 3/4 of the non-CTE posters. The same damn bunch wreak havoc on the boards and have done so for years.

So, you have no issue with CTE users posting bullshit....oh say like..........pool players are using CTE and don’t know it.....or CTE only works on a 2x1 table and then offering no proof of such a statement.

You would rather have lies, misinformation posted about how to play pool.

Got it.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Public statement: CTE is the real deal. I’ve used it to pocket balls going on 9 years now. I have no reason to lie about it. I don’t get money or incentive to lie. The truth series aka truth serum is coming. It will be glorious to watch the nay sayers trigger, then eventually discover what they’ve never understood.

*trigger in 3,2,1*

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
So, you have no issue with CTE users posting bullshit....oh say like..........pool players are using CTE and don’t know it.....or CTE only works on a 2x1 table and then offering no proof of such a statement.

You would rather have lies, misinformation posted about how to play pool.

Got it.

Easy Greg.

I just laid it out for him. We are better with YOU TOO than we are without you.

Best,
RJ

PS I know it is difficult. We & others are in the same boat.

PPS You forgot the supposed unknown & unexplainable "phenomena".

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Public statement: CTE is the real deal. I’ve used it to pocket balls going on 9 years now. I have no reason to lie about it. I don’t get money or incentive to lie. The truth series aka truth serum is coming. It will be glorious to watch the nay sayers trigger, then eventually discover what they’ve never understood.

*trigger in 3,2,1*

Monty,

Did you not tell me in private that you do not use "the CTE line"?

Please do not answer that rhetorical question because I know that you did.

If Mr. Shuffett can say that Pros are using IT whether they know it or not, then it can certainly be said that such as you are NOT employing it objectively per the Instructions & that there is subconscious whatever going on & in play.

It is not me nor PJ nor Dan White nor Lou nor BC21 nor anyone else saying that it is not what it is said to be. It is Science that is saying that.

You as an industry individual locked yourself in when you so quickly praised it, seemingly before giving what was any actually real thought as to what was being said.

I can make a ball using IT... when the shot FITS the visual & the defined 1/2 tip offset pivot... but what about ALL of the shots that do not "objectively" fit those very few 'solutions'?

How are those other shots made... objectively?

Again, that is a rhetorical question. I do not want to get into the whole debate where only one side is using rational reasonable cognitive thinking vs emotional gratitude for 'success'.

You have been probably one of the best proponents of CTE because you have been civil. You asked me to try the straight in shot & I did. It only proved to me, which I already knew, that the visual offset & the "defined" 1/2 tip offset pivot back to center CB do NOT equate to one another & do not offset one another. However, if they did, then how would the shots between 0 & 15 degrees be made... "objectively" by the same "objective" process?

Please "think"?

Best Wishes.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A big welcome back, English.
I for one look forward to the knowledge drops you post. We all have disagreements, and it is within those disagreements that our thoughts are pushed and stretched to the limits--resulting in a deeper understanding of the game, no matter what side of the issue we fall on.

In other news, Corey Deuel had been putting out short training videos and in this one he pokes a big hole in CTE, then goes on to advocate for his ghost ball-like aiming technique....

https://youtu.be/ewqybrOteN0

And here is a second clip on aiming....

https://youtu.be/xm6K-ACb_hM

Last edited:

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I for one look forward to the knowledge drops you post. We all have disagreements, and it is within those disagreements that our thoughts are pushed and stretched to the limits--resulting in a deeper understanding of the game, no matter what side of the issue we fall on.

In other news, Corey Deuel had been putting out short training videos and in this one he pokes a big hole in CTE, then goes on to advocate for his ghost ball-like aiming technique....

I’m always interested in anything Corey has to say. However, what he described was nothing close to CTE when he was pivoting. It’s clear he hasn’t familiarized himself with it.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Cory is one of my favorite players. You have to understand who his target audience is for these videos.

BTW he didn't do fractional aiming any favors in his second video.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cory is one of my favorite players. You have to understand who his target audience is for these videos.

BTW he didn't do fractional aiming any favors in his second video.

Have you heard any reviews on his training DVD? I understand what you are saying about target audience. I'd take a gamble on his DVD and fork over the cash but I'd be greatly disappointed if it was APA beginner material.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Monty,

Did you not tell me in private that you do not use "the CTE line"?

Please do not answer that rhetorical question because I know that you did.

If Mr. Shuffett can say that Pros are using IT whether they know it or not, then it can certainly be said that such as you are NOT employing it objectively per the Instructions & that there is subconscious whatever going on & in play.

It is not me nor PJ nor Dan White nor Lou nor BC21 nor anyone else saying that it is not what it is said to be. It is Science that is saying that.

You as an industry individual locked yourself in when you so quickly praised it, seemingly before giving what was any actually real thought as to what was being said.

I can make a ball using IT... when the shot FITS the visual & the defined 1/2 tip offset pivot... but what about ALL of the shots that do not "objectively" fit those very few 'solutions'?

How are those other shots made... objectively?

Again, that is a rhetorical question. I do not want to get into the whole debate where only one side is using rational reasonable cognitive thinking vs emotional gratitude for 'success'.

You have been probably one of the best proponents of CTE because you have been civil. You asked me to try the straight in shot & I did. It only proved to me, which I already knew, that the visual offset & the "defined" 1/2 tip offset pivot back to center CB do NOT equate to one another & do not offset one another. However, if they did, then how would the shots between 0 & 15 degrees be made... "objectively" by the same "objective" process?

Please "think"?

Best Wishes.

I don’t recall details of conversations from two years ago. But one thing is certain, you don’t seem to (or want to) grasp that CTE works when applied to visual perspectives (ie. our eyeballs standing at a table behind the CB), and not protractors and angles on a sheet of paper. Of course it works for all shots, otherwise I would have dismissed it years ago. It is quite easily demonstrated at a table. However, it is impossible to explain to someone through an online forum with a predisposition that it can’t work.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I don’t recall details of conversations from two years ago. But one thing is certain, you don’t seem to (or want to) grasp that CTE works when applied to visual perspectives (ie. our eyeballs standing at a table behind the CB), and not protractors and angles on a sheet of paper. Of course it works for all shots, otherwise I would have dismissed it years ago. It is quite easily demonstrated at a table. However, it is impossible to explain to someone through an online forum with a predisposition that it can’t work.

With all due respect, you are portraying a false image of the reality.

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
No, I haven't heard anything about his training DVD.

Have you heard any reviews on his training DVD? I understand what you are saying about target audience. I'd take a gamble on his DVD and fork over the cash but I'd be greatly disappointed if it was APA beginner material.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member

Works for all shots............so than CTE can be used to send the CB two rails then contact a OB?

How are the rails used in aiming with CTE?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you.
This bigotry and hatred against CTE Aiming has been going on for as long as I've been around here.
"The Putdown Posse" never seems to grasp that if it didn't work, people who use it would dismiss it............as you stated.
The system, when implemented as instructed, does nothing more than send the cueball to their "ghostball" position in a precise, defined, organized manner....over and over and over again.
In fact, that's all ANY system attempts to do when you get right down to it and that's all any system of aiming CAN DO.
I do not like the Poolology method of aiming shots, it's too complicated for me, but it apparently works for a lot of people, seeing as how that guy sells a lot of his books and it's entire purpose is to take the cueball to the ghostball position in a defined, precise, manner. Nothing more..nothing less.
For decades I used a half-ass "fraction" method of shooting (with marginal results). I never even heard of any "ghostball" until I came to this website. I watched as instructors took another ball and placed it next to the object ball on a straight line to the pocket.
Then they removed that extra ball and said...."just imagine that the ball I removed is still there, shoot at it, and with practice , you will make many shots."
That all reads very good, but I never was able to visualize another ghost ball laying down there...I couldn't see it.
The CTE Method gave me a precise, defined, consistent way to send that cueball down the table to that "ghostball" spot over and over and over and over. Plus I could actually see the different perceptions down there and didn't have to "visualize" or "imagine" a thing.
Those who say "please explain it....prove how it works.....it is unscientific" need to simply watch Stan Shuffett's videos on YouTube. The videos explain it. They show him making shot after shot with it while demonstrating. A pretty good start would be to enter this: (CTE takes the player to the correct shot angle) into YouTube and begin the study
If someone cannot grasp it after that, then it's their problem...not CTE.
All they have to do is leave it alone, do whatever they choose to do, stop thinking they're crusaders for justice(?), and stop the endless trashing. It is a futile effort on the part of the "Putdown Posse".....CTE will be around long after they are all dead and gone. And judging by the ages of some of them and their mental and emotional conditions, that won't be too far off.
The "Putdown Posse" is so filled with hatred and bigotry toward Stan Shuffett to the point they cannot see the forest for the trees

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...CTE works when applied to visual perspectives (ie. our eyeballs standing at a table behind the CB)
In other words, it works subjectively.

and not protractors and angles on a sheet of paper.
In other words, it doesn't work objectively.

So it's like every other aiming method.

pj <- where have I heard this before?
chgo

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

When I first heard the phrase "a totally objective aiming system" I was intrigued, excited & enthusiastic...briefly.

Because I was neutral when I first heard of "a totally objective aiming system" Mr. Shuffett invited me to his facility for "me" to sort of be the 'judge' & report back to AZB with what he no doubt thought would be a glowing review. I could not do that because I had relatively recently ruptured a disc in my back & was doing NO traveling. I asked if I should get the 1st. DVD or wait for the then upcoming 2nd. DVD that was supposedly better explain some things. It was suggested that I wait for the 2nd. DVD.

While waiting I was watching The Videos on Mr. Shuffett's YouTube Channel when I stumbled upon his video with the 5 parallel shots of equal distance lined up across the table. It was seeing that video that convince me that it was NOT an objective aiming method nor system & that there would be nothing forthcoming in the 2nd. video to belay that science based determination. That video & like one has been taken down. Does anyone know why?

Sorry Monty, but it is Science that tells the truth about it.

Best Wishes.

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
The truth is applying the knowledge at the table and observe if balls go in or not. It’s kind of hard to explain away that kind of evidence. Apparently you didn’t see Stan, you didn’t obtain either DVD, and you’ve concluded through your own logic that it cannot work.

Like I said, I know it works, I apply it all the time. Trying to convince me otherwise is like convincing me the earth is flat. What you need to come to terms with is that your understanding of the system is flawed.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The truth is applying the knowledge at the table and observe if balls go in or not. It’s kind of hard to explain away that kind of evidence. Apparently you didn’t see Stan, you didn’t obtain either DVD, and you’ve concluded through your own logic that it cannot work.
Like I said, I know it works, I apply it all the time. Trying to convince me otherwise is like convincing me the earth is flat. What you need to come to terms with is that your understanding of the system is flawed.

Those who say "please explain it....prove how it works.....it is unscientific" need to simply watch Stan Shuffett's videos on YouTube. The videos explain it. They show him making shot after shot with it while demonstrating. A pretty good start would be to enter this: (CTE takes the player to the correct shot angle) into YouTube and begin the study
If someone cannot grasp it after that, then it's their problem...not CTE.
All they have to do is leave it alone, do whatever they choose to do, stop thinking they're crusaders for justice(?), and stop the endless trashing.

It is a futile effort on the part of the "Putdown Posse".....CTE will be around long after they are all dead and gone. And judging by the ages of some of them and their mental and emotional conditions, that won't be too far off.
The "Putdown Posse" is so filled with hatred and bigotry toward Stan Shuffett to the point they cannot see the forest for the trees