Your Favorite Players to Watch?

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No doubt

BUDDY. He looked like if you bought a table he should come with it.
Close second Campbell.
jack

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Most people dont know what to look for when watching themselves on vids. So, that means they aren't shooting the vid from correct angles.

Recording ghost play is a huge way to find problem areas "if" you know what to look for.

Most people think recording play is for bragging rights mostly.....ive got a few vids to "prove" i did or can do something when called down. Eventhough, i dont really care to prove anything anymore. It was a phase i went through...lol.

Lol......when i first joined, i got called out SEVERAL times about my ghost play during conversations on here.

They (certain people) dont call me out anymore...lol.

Be warned though, if you claim you "claim" that you can/did do something, well, you better have a vid, because some will call you out like they did in the old west...lol.

It a good thing, its called "accountability". Everyone should have some.

Jeff

I agree there. I’d like to see a video of everyone playing a set against the ghost or at least a few racks, right there in their signature. Here’s some info and an opinion, and this is how I play. Boom.

As far as angles, I’ve had to make some shoddy setups trying to get different views of myself playing lol. Usually with a chair and some of my daughters marker cases stacked up and other random things to get my iPad just right. I need a go pro or something like it with that clip-on contraption. Or a tripod...hmm. Anyone want to donate to a good cause? Single parent pool players are seriously at risk of brokedom.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Melling. Whether it’s American, English or Chinese pool, he has superb fundamentals along with creativity that is fun to watch and a real love of the game. That said, I’ll watch anyone even if they or their game is dull as.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB
Ralf Souquet
Earl Strickland
John Schmidt
Jim Rempe
Buddy Hall
Siming Chen
Efren Reyes
Tor Lowry

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gee, that's a toughie! :p

Attachments

• Conquering Caesar 031.JPG
    Conquering Caesar 031.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 230

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This guy is kind of fun to sweat!

Attachments

• Alex Pagulayan.JPG
    Alex Pagulayan.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 232

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sigel. I can get in stroke watching his matches. At this top...perfection.

Second is Alex P. And, if you watch footage of them - their techniques and styles are VERY similar.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of all time?

Efren, Ronnie Allen, Keith, Kimmer, Parica, Earl.

Honorable mention, T. Rex, Orcollo, Alex.

Sigel absolutely drives me nuts.. can't watch the guy.
Any of the "air strokers".. Ko comes to mind.. just stop it.:cool:

Last edited:

RailBanger

Registered
Earl Strickland, Keith McCready, Buddy Hall, Mike Sigel, Rodney Morris, Kim Davenport, Chris Melling, Jayson Shaw, Efren Reyes, CJ Wiley, Lou Butera, Ismael Paez, Dennis Hatch.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl, Rodney Morris, and Shaw for how fast they play and how effortless they make it look.

I also like to watch Orcullo and SVB- have to appreciate their greatness.

Additionally, I like to watch Corey Deuel take apart a rack- particularly like to watch his bar table 8 ball matches

Last edited:

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Sigel, Ray Martin, Ronnie O Sullivan, Steve Mizerak, Earl Strickland and Dallas West if I'm looking to be in awe on how they make the games look so simple.

Naoyuki Oi, Alex P and Chris Melling because they act like many league players I've played with. Just relaxed, having fun and taking care of business at the table.

Danny Harriman and Bobby Hunter because they use the "keep it simple stupid approach" and that is something I enjoy.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I would have to say "Earl in his prime".

When Earl was "on", he was a "machine" and a "fast" machine.

I love the way he walked around the table, with his eyes looking like laser beams, and he just fired balls in left and right from everywhere.

He would "finesse" balls if he needed to and he would "fire" them in with power strokes and send the cue ball multiple rails for position, if needed.

NOBODY plays that way TODAY!

Hear, hear...

patmoran

Registered
I could watch McCready and Efren all day when i watched many of the tournaments at Hard Times Bellflower in the 90s. Calvin, a regular put it best when he said: "nobody shoots a prettier game of 9 ball than Keith." Efren was simply the magician. Watching Mark Tadd the first time the LA Open in 93 and the last the last time in 2006 in riverside ca at a labor day tournament, after being away from the game a long time, was amazing. He was a rack running machine. Another guy i liked watching flew under the radar Sam (shane) manaole with his high backswing and perfect pendulum had such a smooth stroke. Saw him get the best gambling with paul potier after a tournament in L.A. a dozen years ago. Last i heard he was in TX.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
1 cushion jean paul de bruijin is a magician
frederic caudron is the master of all carom
sam van etten, raymund swertz, jos bongers, rafael garcia, raul cuenca for balkline games and 1 cushion