Need some Help with a Schon Cue identification

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
A friend just brought this cue into my shop this evening, I checked all the Schon Catalogs I have and this cue was not listed. I think it is a 1980's series Schon due to the Macarta Ferrule, does anyone have any idea the model or when this cue was made?

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Thanks for your help.

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen several Runde era schon's with nickel rings.The windows look like the same used in the R 14's.I have never seen one like this before.I have a few collector friends I'll run it by them as well to see what I can find out.
Very nice cue though.Wish I could help you out more on this...

J.R.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Schon

It does resemble an R-14, except for the checkered ringwork.
Bob Runde would know for sure.

Whatever it is, it would be a cool cue to own.
Thanks for posting the pics.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon cue

Almost looks like an SP61 from the early 90's, but I believe all those had CNC points. It is close in resemblance.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Thanks for the comments so far guy's, the gentleman the cue belongs too was given the cue in 1990. It was used at the time so I suspect that it is older, I am starting to think it maybe a one of kind, it seems that Schon made many one of kind cues in the past.

Does anyone know approximately what this cue would be worth?

Thanks Craig

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I am no Schon expert but I have seen lot's of the older Schon cue's that dont seem to be abundent. I have an older one for sale and do not know what model it is and a friend of mine sold one at the DCC last year that I had also never seen another one like. He had talked to Evan Clark and was told that Schon would make a cue to a customer's spec's and therefor there are quit a few out there that are for all practical purpose's "one of a kind ".

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I am no Schon expert but I have seen lot's of the older Schon cue's that dont seem to be abundent. I have an older one for sale and do not know what model it is and a friend of mine sold one at the DCC last year that I had also never seen another one like. He had talked to Evan Clark and was told that Schon would make a cue to a customer's spec's and therefor there are quit a few out there that are for all practical purpose's "one of a kind ".

I have also heard the same thing, and most don't know it but they are still doing it today. I have another customer who ordered a cue last year with V-Spliced points and Ivory Windows in the cues but, along with checked ring collars. The cue is beautiful and very old school looking and only a year old, oh and it has 14mm shafts, this guy likes big big shafts.

Thanks for your post.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Here is the cue I have. It has the same ringwork as your's and I was told by the owner it was a mid 1980's cue. He also said it was made for a tournament and was awarded to the winner as an added bonus. It is not the fanciest Schon out there but I have not seen one exactly like it. It also has micarta ferrule's on the shaft's.

Attachments

• 8-6-10 011.jpg
    8-6-10 011.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,118
  • 8-6-10 012.jpg
    8-6-10 012.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,134

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Here is the cue I have. It has the same ringwork as your's and I was told by the owner it was a mid 1980's cue. He also said it was made for a tournament and was awarded to the winner as an added bonus. It is not the fanciest Schon out there but I have not seen one exactly like it. It also has micarta ferrule's on the shaft's.

Very nice cue, thanks for sharing.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
guy has one without the windows in buttsleeve almost with even the same woods on facebook schon cue collectors group right now for sale in California.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If it were mine and it was straight, solid and the finish was good. I would get at least 1k or I’d keep it.
Very cool Schon.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I'd agree. Depending on shafts, and most like the old ones to have micarta ferrules; I'd say in the $1200 range, at the least. Maybe more since it's a custom order.