Pool cue Lathe

poolman68

I want to buy a mini-lathe for shaft maintenance and tip and ferrule replacements. I have a shaft master which I hate so have decided to buy a real mini-lathe. Is anybody able to suggest a good mini-lathe and which tools I would need to purchase for my intended use. I do a good job on tip replacement and shaping but the Shaft Master Lathe is poor quality in my opinion and makes if difficult to do a good job in a reasonable time. Any suggestions from those with knowledge with mini-lathes and use on cues would be appreciated. It is more of a hobby and something I enjoy doing when I am not shooting. I have never charged for doing this for my friends and shooting companions.

poolman68

Thank you Dave. I am sure that I want to go with and setup a mini lathe though as I like the rigidity and solid feel of them. They are not that expensive anymore and I think that I can purchase one and set it up for not much more than the cost of the cue lathes you refer too. The videos I watch on line with mini lathes or full size lathes seem to make things much more simple with easier tool change and precision controls.:smile:

weegee3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Hightower mid size lathe available in excellent condition Problem is you need to pick it up. not able to ship it. Price is $800.00. I am located just south of Boston if interested call me at 781-248-9594
I

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
A quick shot of my repair setup.
Dave

lathe resized.jpg