Two Words to help everyone's game

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
I find that if you consciously think about these two words when you are down on a shot you will be amazed at how much better you will play, especially in pressure situations or if you are just having a tough session.

BASIC

Balance,
Absolutely
Still,
In
Concentration

PLAYS

Pause,
Look
At
Your
Spot

Think....B.A.S.I.C. P.L.A.Y.S.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find that if you consciously think about these two words when you are down on a shot you will be amazed at how much better you will play, especially in pressure situations or if you are just having a tough session.

BASIC

Balance,
Absolutely
Still,
In
Concentration

PLAYS

Pause,
Look
At
Your
Spot

Fascinating. Ima gonna give it a go, sure can't hurt.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
yes

Fascinating. Ima gonna give it a go, sure can't hurt.

I like it.

I often tell folks to carry little reminders like that in their wallet.

I did it for years and it often helped when I found myself "out of stroke".

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

BASIC

Balance,
Absolutely
Still,
In
Concentration

PLAYS

Pause,
Look
At
Your
Spot

Forgot follow through!! sorry!

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Umm, to help your game, you could use one word.....PRACTICE.

What would you say about a suggested pre shot routine "Umm, to help your game, you could use one word.....PRACTICE".

Incorporating a mnemonic device like this would be ineffective if it weren't practiced.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have to think that much, before your shot, I'll give you 5 out and all the breaks, race to 1000.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

BASIC

Balance,
Absolutely
Still,
In
Concentration

PLAYS

Pause,
Look
At
Your
Spot

Good post.

Here is probably the best one-word reminder:

fundamentals

Regards,
Dave

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
well since people are chiming in

Might as well throw my two-bits in too. Only do all this thinking while you are down on the shot when you are playing me!

When you move into your stance it should be the cue for your conscious mind to shut the hell up and let you pocket the ball. No reason not to think these words or acronyms while standing at the shot if that is what you want to do. Getting into the habit of thinking while down on the shot is bad regardless of what you are thinking.

My goal is not to think in words from the time I drop down on the first shot of an inning until after the last shot of the inning. That is one of my objections to the common running three ball plan of operation.

Hu

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
Now I get it!! ����All in a straight line������