Tunica Ten Ball

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Hell yes.

Pardon my French, Jay.

I was afraid I was going to have to back him myself. Then I remembered how much the entry fee is. Lol.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want everyone to understand that I can only invite these guys to play. I cannot make them come! There is nothing being offered to anyone to come to Tunica. It's a first time event and there are no freebies for any player. Thus some players may not be able to afford to make this trip and that's the reality. Some players who might do well here will not be attending sorry to say. Most of these guys need the help of a backer and without one they can't go. It's as simple as that.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Totally understandable, Jay. I so wish I was a high-roller, if anything but to back some of the great players that won't be able to make it, so that they could participate.

I was really hoping to see Efren and Busty, but I can understand that being from a different country can make it difficult to be in the USA all of the time.

Great to see Hillbilly in!

It looks like there's only 1 spot left, but in the original post, just below your list, it says there's 2 slots left. I'm sure that's just an oversight.

Any reason why Dechaine backed out?

O, but who will get that last coveted spot...........

Krypto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
24/7 Really?

I plan on being there for this event Tuesday night the 24th. But I am curious how these guys can start a tournament at midnight on Tuesday night and then compete in the regular event the next morning. Yeah, I know. They are tough world-class competitors. But even Mosconi had to sleep sometimes. How is this going to work out?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I plan on being there for this event Tuesday night the 24th. But I am curious how these guys can start a tournament at midnight on Tuesday night and then compete in the regular event the next morning. Yeah, I know. They are tough world-class competitors. But even Mosconi had to sleep sometimes. How is this going to work out?

In the past the directors of the other events have not scheduled them in the first round the next day.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you ready for this? Landon Shuffett! Yes, you heard me right. Little Landon is now 18 (and fully grown) and playing better than ever. He wants in and may very well get in. Look out, Landon is coming to Tunica!

Krypto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let him In Jay. The water is deep, let's see him swim with the sharks. After all, no curfew law is being violated. Right?
Just keep him away from the cocktail waitresses and dancing Philippine-Canadian Pool Players. He'll be fine.

Last edited:

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I'd love to see Landon in this.

This is going to be a historic event in the history of pool.........

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Yo Jay,

Could you modify your list and indicate who is locked in with a different color or an asterisk or something.

Thanks,
Hung

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yo Jay,

Could you modify your list and indicate who is locked in with a different color or an asterisk or something.

Thanks,
Hung

The ones I show as confirmed are about 99% definite. Of course it is always possible that someone could drop out at the last minute. I will probably fill the last spot with Landon, as it looks like Ralf will not be able to make it.