The witch of the West and the Witch of the East

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
David is right. sls mean nothing. I am picking off people who are two sls above me according to apa. There were two whiny women with bad attitudes who according to apa are 2 sl above me. Well now I have beaten them both. They were fuming.

Then I proceeded to play our guy who thinks he is a good sl3 and thinks he is soooo much better than me. Well I played him too. He walked away in the middle of the game when I got him so tied up he could not get to any of his balls.

Sometimes it is more about guile than how many balls go in the whole.

It is no longer about sl anymore. It is about having my list of all the people I am going to beat. And I am checking it twice.;)

Laura

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You go girl! Just remember that on any given day, your game just might not show up and you might be checked off on someone else's list. I've done lots of other things in my life and I don't think I've experienced as many highs and lows as I have in pool. This game can elate you and humble you sometimes in less than a minute!

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rickw said:
You go girl! Just remember that on any given day, your game just might not show up and you might be checked off on someone else's list. I've done lots of other things in my life and I don't think I've experienced as many highs and lows as I have in pool. This game can elate you and humble you sometimes in less than a minute!

I have also beaten a good sl5 in pre matchups. I play better in matches. Dont know if this is the same for most people. I do not fold thouogh.

Laura

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I wish that I could say that. I have been known to fold, but I am working on it.

Focus, thats the key. Keep you mind on the game and dont let what anyone does while he/she is at the table throw you. Just stay focused and play the table and don't let a 'player' beat you...doesnt matter who you play, just stay focussed and play the table when you get to it. Dont worry or think about WHO it is that you are playing, just play the table and you will be fine.

Lots of Luck with your list.

Chuck Parrill

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[QUOTE. Dont worry or think about WHO it is that you are playing, just play the table and you will be fine.

Lots of Luck with your list.

Chuck Parrill [/B][/QUOTE]

I have heard that before. I size up my oponents weaknesses. If they are good at short corner banks, I try not to give them any. If they are not good at long banks or hard cuts, I try to give them lots of those.

But I am still focussd on the game I am on. I have pretty much sized them up before.

Some good pschouts:

Never flip for the break, beat them on the lag.
I switch hands back and forth.
I let them run off most of their balls and then play with their heads.
I do safes they have never seen before, messing with their heads some more.
Tie up pockets
Knock thier balls in to untie up pockets.
Kick around their ball in the pocket so that mine is in the jaws.
Pass up easy shots and do safe because shape on the next two shots is not to my advantage.
Get out my problem balls early in the match and put their in an awkward place. etc

It is working more and more. There is a guy I like a lot and we match up. He is rated 3 levels above me. There is no spot. I either beat him or he beats me on the wire.

Laura

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I let them run off most of their balls and then play with their heads.
I do safes they have never seen before, messing with their heads some more.

Laura

Not to be picky but to say that you "let them run most of their balls" sounds to me like if they were any good they could easily keep you off the table by either cleaning up or playing smart and safing you. I would love to see the safeties as well....

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
I'm going to give you some constructive, Dr. Phil style critism here (they say honesty is the best policy): You're delusional.

P

Pop And Slop

Jimmy M. said:
I'm going to give you some constructive, Dr. Phil style critism here (they say honesty is the best policy): You're delusional.

:D BUUUUURN ;)

But I do agree. If you did all that and you are still at the bottom of the ladder then something seems a mite fishy.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pop And Slop said:

But I do agree. If you did all that and you are still at the bottom of the ladder then something seems a mite fishy.

The rating system is fishy. These tactics work better with players who do not play safe or are easily rattled.

If the player is of a higher skill and also good at safes, it does not well.

I am not delusional, but then how do I know? Youu might be a famous psychologist or even John Edwards. This stuff is fun to me.

Laura

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pop And Slop said:

Dont let any of that fool you. I was sick for 6 months and either in bed or in the hospital.

Now I am back in the saddle.

Laura

J

JohnyV

i dont play 8 ball much but your supposed to play the game according to how the table is laid out and there is always a right shot and wrong shot , play the right shot, play the percentages if u cant run out play a safety but stay in control. same gos for all games you could say

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JohnyV said:
i dont play 8 ball much but your supposed to play the game according to how the table is laid out and there is always a right shot and wrong shot , play the right shot, play the percentages if u cant run out play a safety but stay in control. same gos for all games you could say

This is what I was told. If you cant run out, dont just leave one ball on the table.(no where to hide and the other person has an open rack often) Since I do not play high skill players, but the ones who do not run out, my safe strategies work better with them.

I was really not talking about playing A or even B players, because they can and do runout. Also they can kick and do all kinds of stuff to get out of safes. My husband is apa7. When we play, I feel great if I can safe him but most of the time he can get out by doing a 3 rail kick or something fancy like that.

Laura