Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why get stuck on exhibition? Call it what you want, he appears to have run 626 balls.

Why not care about the details of the run? It's not like we are debating a 50 year old run it just happened not that long ago, shouldn't be so hard to get an answer.

If folks/John call it an exhibition and the pool hall wasn't open to the public, that's pretty lame.

It's a form of dishonesty like saying I ran 10 racks in a tournament, but leaving out the part the tournament was at my house and it was only me and my girlfriend playing.

Part of the selling point of this all was he did an exhibition, and broke Willie's exhibition run, cause he didn't beat Babe's run.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the run started before the place opened or normally opens.

Would it make a difference to those out to discredit if it was 5 minutes or 3 hours before?

Sent from the future.

Not discrediting the run, discrediting calling it an exhibition if it was not truly an exhibition. Sorry, calling it an exhibition if the pool hall was closed to the public is just bullshit.
Not saying he didn't run 626 and now is 2nd to Babe, good on John

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Why get stuck on exhibition? Call it what you want, he appears to have run 626 balls.

Yes, "he appears to have run 626 balls"..few are arguing that point. The major disagreement seems to be which, if any, "world record" has he broken, and who's? Some are claiming Mosconi's, others none. The answers can only be determined by and are completely dependent upon the "conditions" of his run as compared to the ones being claimed that he broke, there's no other way to make fair and reasonable judgements.

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, "he appears to have run 626 balls"..few are arguing that point. The major disagreement seems to be which, if any, "world record" has he broken? Some are claiming Mosconi's, others none. The answer can only be determined by and are completely dependent upon the "conditions" of his run as compared to the ones being claimed that he broke, there's no other way to make fair and reasonable judgements.

Tap tap tap

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Yes, "he appears to have run 626 balls"..few are arguing that point. The major disagreement seems to be which, if any, "world record" has he broken? Some are claiming Mosconi's, others none. The answer can only be determined by and are completely dependent upon the "conditions" of his run as compared to the ones being claimed that he broke, there's no other way to make fair and reasonable judgements.
True, but nobody denies there are differences, its unavoidable. The second there is even a slight difference, some throw the red flag, others consider whether it's a real difference.

Take the whole "was the pool hall open for the entire run?" discussion.

Sent from the future.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have not kept up with this thread, was there ever clarification on what time the pool hall opened to the public and what time John's run started?
The run started before the normal opening hours but from my personal experience, there was no problem getting in early to watch. Whether that satisfies one's concept of "open to the public" is up to the one.

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never seen someone try so hard to appear thoughtful and knowledgable on the internet and come across as a complete sad bitter blubbering idiot. I doubt there's much actual pool in the history.

Sent from the future.

respect , thats a good one....i try very hard thats true .

i think danny wanna kill me ........

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
respect , thats a good one....i try very hard thats true .

i think danny wanna kill me ........
I hope you are joking and realize I did not mean you. I don't quote freakboy anymore because he edits, mixes and matches quotes and it gets confusing.

Sent from the future.

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope you are joking and realize I did not mean you. I don't quote freakboy anymore because he edits, mixes and matches quotes and it gets confusing.

Sent from the future.[/QUOTE

ok , but except of the iidiot your 100% right , hahaha......

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Details matter

If a person decided to surpass the most free throws made in a row (sports history record) - the size of the goal would not matter? I understand best free throw artist tossed them underhanded - this does not make him underhanded. If a player claims to have surpassed a 70 + yr old record - the size of the table does not matter? So the rule is there aren't any rules for proper sports history record keeping? If so then that is seriously undehanded - and corrupt.At their next semi public viewing venue of this elusive 626 claim - I think they should have a punching bag with Mosconi's picture on it, I am sure a few would love to take a few punches since they are there supporting an attempt to dismantle Mosconi's well established sports history record.
I guess schmidt got tired of throwing chalk at players who can defeat him in 14.1 - so he decided to pull this move. If they are trying to make some comparison to schmidt and Willie Mosconi - I really do not see Mosconi throwing chalk at his opponent - just cause he is losing against a formidable opponent. Oh and before the schmidt nuthuggers (facebook idiots) question whether or not he did or did not throw chalk at me in my 1st tar match against him - ( I won :) it's on camera for the world to see. He is very fortunate the chalk missed me (flying past my head) Cheaters and or players who feel the need to 'pull moves' never win in the long run. Comparing john's phony run - wont due' (pool room vacant and closed) when Mosconi's was all class performed in front of a large viewing audience (fifteen signed signatures). But again - the rule is there are no rules - especially if u come from the school of charlie,john, and bca's corrupt record keeping.

Last edited:

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry lou , for not answering .
but i dont kno what to say .
of course i know danny .
thanks hope you are fine ....

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If a person decided to surpass the most free throws made in a row (sports history record) - the size of the goal would not matter? I understand best free throw artist tossed them underhanded - this does not make him underhanded. If a player claims to have surpassed a 70 + yr old record - the size of the table does not matter? So the rule is there aren't any rules for proper sports history record keeping? If so then that is seriously undehanded - and corrupt.At their next semi public viewing venue of this elusive 626 claim - I think they should have a punching bag with Mosconi's picture on it, I am sure a few would love to take a few punches since they are there supporting an attempt to dismantle Mosconi's well established sports history record.
I guess schmidt got tired of throwing chalk at players who can defeat him in 14.1 - so he decided to pull this move. If they are trying to make some comparison to schmidt and Willie Mosconi - I really do not see Mosconi throwing chalk at his opponent - just cause he is losing against a formidable opponent. Oh and before the schmidt nuthuggers (facebook idiots) question whether or not he did or did not throw chalk at me in my 1st tar match against him - ( I won :). Cheaters and or players who feel the need to 'pull moves' never win in the long run.
Tell us the chalk story...we've never heard it.

Sent from the future.

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would kind of degree in this way ,
you cannot break the record itself , you can run more balls .
of course the conditions matters .
the only thing that make me curious about the 626 is the psycologic aspect .
i would have thaught that you have to get comfortable with the number 500 .
in this kind of sessions he counts by himself , and ball nr. 527 is not an easy ball .
and his first attempt over 500 he ran exactly 100 balls more than mosconi and 1 ball more than euphemia .
to me the other very imprtant run in the history of straight pool
here is the positiv side of this thread , its more interesting .

and if theres some people more that want to see the run , you have safed the history alittle bit , danny .
keep in stroke everyody

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The run started before the normal opening hours but from my personal experience, there was no problem getting in early to watch. Whether that satisfies one's concept of "open to the public" is up to the one.

Bob, did the room advertise or post a notice of the days and times John would be there making high-run attempts?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yo Danny, I agree with you but posting in the forums won’t help, I recommend creating a YouTube video addressing the concern, that’s all you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yo Danny, I agree with you but posting in the forums won’t help, I recommend creating a YouTube video addressing the concern, that’s all you can do.

That would be awesome.

I heard he has a Navy buddy who knows video.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Ok

I do find it rather interesting that there are many others - who agree with me - even that their hidden video may be non legit. I know the guy and have competed against him, you learn alot bout a person when competing against them. schmidtty is a coward with a carbon fibre cue in his hand. That is really all I can say bout him. I think it's accurate as well.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bob, did the room advertise or post a notice of the days and times John would be there making high-run attempts?
The range of dates was advertised but I'm not sure that the exact days were available more than 24 hours in advance. When I went to Easy Street to watch, I called a few days ahead to make sure John would be there. I think the dates/hours at Bull Shooters were more precise and set ahead of time. It's possible the info was on FacePlant -- I was not.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why doesn't Danny setup a gaff table like his nemesis and run 1,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.