Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The range of dates was advertised but I'm not sure that the exact days were available more than 24 hours in advance. When I went to Easy Street to watch, I called a few days ahead to make sure John would be there. I think the dates/hours at Bull Shooters were more precise and set ahead of time. It's possible the info was on FacePlant -- I was not.

Thanks for the clarification Bob.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 of this world championships he had to beat only 1 player. Think I read somewhere..
you may know better

I'm sure he was a great player and one of the very best in 14.1.
But Skill is skill, again: what do you think he did better on the table than the top guys today?
what areas of the game of pool was he better at?
Not 14.1 only pool in general.

I give you the argument: maybe he was better than anyone in 14.1
anyone who's ever lived
Fine

But would he had been if the champions today were more dedicated to 14.1?
I don't think so.

The taiwanese players have the whole package
they are flawless in all departments

My point is that it only makes sense that the players who miss less, pocket better, focus better, have the cueball on the string and are extremely tough mentally, would naturally be as good or better than Mosconi playing ANY game (providing they put the hours playing every game)

I can beat a world 9-ball champion in One Pocket any day if said World champion has never played a game of One pocket before,

And I'm just a "short stop"!
but let the World Champion play the game enough and we would see if I keep liking it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point taken on those championships won against a challenger.

As to what would happen if the champions of today dedicated themselves to 14.1 -- who knows, because Mosconi would have worked even harder to meet whatever the level of play was. He started out as a child prodigy, as a young man was on the road with the world champion, and then dominated the sport. He was relentless in his pursuit of perfection and I personally feel cream still rises to the top.

Lastly: so all these great players of today you speak of: what 14.1 championships are they consistently winning and what 14.1 events are they dominating?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saul Goodman.

Is there a Tom Wirth of 14.1 moving around giving lessons? Someone that seems to know everything about the game?

I don’t really think I can dedicate myself to it yet as I’m still enthralled by 1P and rotation. I’ve been telling myself to shelf the 1p but it’s just so g-damn addicting. I love it.

I need my pool priorities in order and they’ve just been floating around in a miasma for the past year.

I've taken 14.1 lessons from Ray Martin and Dallas West.

Lou Figueroa
both were
great experiences

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, "he appears to have run 626 balls"..few are arguing that point. The major disagreement seems to be which, if any, "world record" has he broken, and who's? Some are claiming Mosconi's, others none. The answers can only be determined by and are completely dependent upon the "conditions" of his run as compared to the ones being claimed that he broke, there's no other way to make fair and reasonable judgements.

I would disagree.

I believe some of us care about the conditions concerning the run. And I'm not talking about pocket size, what kind of shaft or tip he used, nor the kind of balls. I'm talking about some of the issues that have been raised in this thread and for which I don't know definitive answers have been provided: frequent ball polishing, heated slate, vacuuming of the table, and other allegations concerning the table and run.

Because, then we're into territory where the run is questionable, at least to me, in terms of the conditions being artificially perfect -- much like the guy who recently broke the marathon record. If conditions were constructed to provide an artificial advantage not encountered in normal play then I think we're talking about a big asterisk. Otherwise, the next guy is going to wear a fan on his head to blow the balls into the pockets and its going to be OK.

Lou Figueroa

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would disagree.

I believe some of us care about the conditions concerning the run. And I'm not talking about pocket size, what kind of shaft or tip he used, nor the kind of balls. I'm talking about some of the issues that have been raised in this thread and for which I don't know definitive answers have been provided: frequent ball polishing, heated slate, vacuuming of the table, and other allegations concerning the table and run.

Because, then we're into territory where the run is questionable, at least to me, in terms of the conditions being artificially perfect -- much like the guy who recently broke the marathon record. If conditions were constructed to provide an artificial advantage not encountered in normal play then I think we're talking about a big asterisk. Otherwise, the next guy is going to wear a fan on his head to blow the balls into the pockets and its going to be OK.

Lou Figueroa

I tried that once but my hair got caught in the fan and it pulled my head thru the fan. Ruined my promising acting career. After that the only parts I could get were zombie movies.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would disagree.

Lou Figueroa

I agree.

He "created" an "atmosphere" where the "conditions" were "conducive" to a high run.

He wasn't playing under "normal" conditions, like those that Mosconi encountered.

He was "greasing the skids".

I won't say he was "cheating", but I don't consider him beating Mosconi's record.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried that once but my hair got caught in the fan and it pulled my head thru the fan. Ruined my promising acting career. After that the only parts I could get were zombie movies.

Liar!!!!!!!

But a funny one.:grin-square:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"but" please comment "on"

Willie "used" balls he "brought""""".

There's "a" tweak.

Is 5"26" now invalid"?"
I agree.

He "created" an "atmosphere" where the "conditions" were "conducive" to a high run.

He wasn't playing under "normal" conditions, like those that Mosconi encountered.

He was "greasing the skids".

I won't say he was "cheating", but I don't consider him beating Mosconi's record.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I could see how that would be a problem.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"but" please comment "on"

Willie "used" balls he "brought""""".

There's "a" tweak.

Is 5"26" now invalid"?"

uh, like I just said a few posts ago: I don't think most are concerned about what balls were used, or if he used a LD shaft, or even the pocket size.

Lou Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.