Torbjörn Blomdahl vs Raymond Ceulemans!

High-run-14

Registered
Both living legends will be playing a 40-point exhibition match. Book now.

Attachments

• private evnt photo.jpg
    private evnt photo.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 628

csarda1

3 Cushions Addict
Silver Member
Maybe it is just me being cheap, but 100$ for tickets sure seems steep...

.- Don't feel bad or alone, we 3 cushion players are cheap by nature.

A hundred bucks a seat for a very unpopular cue discipline in the USA!!

It is more than the UMB world 3 cushion championship's ticket fee.

And in Europe/Asia/Eurasia, 3C IS very popular.

Limited space?

I'd be (gladly) surprised if it sells more than 20 seats.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

davechip

Registered
Kudos to Ricky for setting it up. The comparison to UMB entry fees is completely irrelevant. If you're in Europe you have many, many opportunities to see the top players. On the West Coast of the US we're lucky to see one or two of these guys pass through in any given year.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to travel to LA that weekend. I'd go for sure if I was going to be there for the main tournament.

Plus your raffle entry is included. Usually drop at least $40 or $50 on raffle tickets.

High-run-14

Registered
Davechip: thanks for understanding all the effort and MONEY that I had to put into making this happen. You understand that in Europe and Asia it might be cheap to attend an event with players of this caliber. They play every week over there (leagues, tournaments, and exhibition matches). These type of players don't make it to the west coast. I brought Frederic Caudron last year to California. Had a private event in which the grand finale was a 50 point match between Caudron and K.R. Kim. Also, a tournament in which we enjoyed a final by the same 2 players. By the way, im the private event we had 27 spectators. This year I decided to bring Blomdahl and Ceulemans. This is costing me a LOT of money. Next year I'm planning on bringing 2 more (maybe 3) top players, but if fantastic 3-Cushion seems expensive to people, I'll have to rethink my plans.

High-run-14

Registered
Puma and csarda: you must be pool players. If you really loved 3 cushion, $100 would not seem expensive to be able to watch great billiards. But, then again, you might not be into it. I'm sorry it couldn't be cheaper but I have to make some of my money back. Hope you understand.

csarda1

3 Cushions Addict
Silver Member
Puma and csarda: you must be pool players.

.- Does my AVATAR, my name (obviously not Irish), and my description look like I'm a pool player??

OH please!! That must be the most pathetic offense I've ever gotten.

I'm not talking about ME.

I'm talking about the 3 Cushion situation in the US.

I'm talking about promoting US 3-C (which is in dire status), to the "undecided" and the "non-converted" here in "POOL-land" with Kate-Perry-concert prices.

If you are ever in Miami, you are cordially invited to play in any of eleven (11) 3-C tables (Chevillotte, Van Laere and Wiheminas) situated about 5 minutes from my home.

Tournaments every weekend. Some world class local players (Carlos Hallon, Mercedes Gonzales).

3-Cushion paradise.

Last edited:

High-run-14

Registered
I wasn't trying to offend. I don't believe calling somebody a pool player is an insult. But I guess you do, so I apologize if you felt offended. I personally know both Carlos and Mercedes, and they are NOT world class players. Carlos plays .800 avg and Mercedes .650. To me, and to most 3-cushion followers that is not world class. I want to clarify that I'm not insulting or offending them. I know Mercedes very well and I'm sure she'd be the first to tell you that you are wrong if you think of her as a top player in the US, let alone the world. Carlos used to be a competitor back when top averages used to be lower. Nowadays, he has a very slim chance of winning any tournament in the US.
BTW, the ONLY world class player in this country is Pedro Piedrabuena. Like I stated before, I would like for this events to have a cheaper cover fee, but I need to make some of the money back that I'm spending.
I'd like to, again, apologize if my reply seemed offensive to you. That was NOT my intention.

csarda1

3 Cushions Addict
Silver Member
.- NOW there is no 3 cushion in the US. period.

I'm very fortunate to live in a mostly Hispanic city.

From where I come from originally (Venezuela and Colombia), it is 3 cushions all the way.

You can find halls with 20 3-C tables.

Regarding the top players I was referring to, I'm talking in POOL-land context.

Perhaps the term "World class player" was not the most appropriate.

But

Carlos Hallon might plays .800 now or recently, but he WAS a world class player in its heydays.

AFAIK, he was second place (or runner up) in a UMB World Championship (I may be wrong) What I know for sure is he was highly criticized in his country for representing USA instead.

Still he can give some serious ass whopping. (I can talk from first hand experience :()

Unfortunately, Diabetes, age and other problems have taken its toll.

Mercedes also used to be much more than what she is now. She now plays occasionally.

3 cushion is a very unforgiving discipline.

Last edited:

csarda1

3 Cushions Addict
Silver Member
Like I stated before, I would like for this events to have a cheaper cover fee, but I need to make some of the money back that I'm spending.

.- I'm not critical of what you are doing.

As I told you several times, I HOPE I'M WRONG.

And I wish your endeavor the best.

I'm critical (and sad) about 3 Cushion's present state in the US.

Did you know that 3 cushion was developed HERE in the US?

Now, the very few good 3 cushion players in the US are mostly 1st generation Hispanic/Asian/Eurasian immigrants.(Torres, Avila, Piedrabuena, Sang Lee, Shooni, Patiño, Sonny Cho, etc)

Last edited:

Fox

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr Ricardo ,

Please book for me 4 seats and 2 sessions with Blomdahl !
Fer favor,

Money sent via (money order)

Thanks for promoting 3 cushion billiards in this country, We need more people like you.

See you soon !

Abraham_Solis

Registered
Thanks for all you do for 3 cushion billiards Ricardo!
I cant make it till friday but i would give a kidney to see & have a clinic by T B and Raymond C!! $100 bucks is nothing compared to the experience to just see the best of the best! Period

Last edited:

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Puma and csarda: you must be pool players. If you really loved 3 cushion, $100 would not seem expensive to be able to watch great billiards. But, then again, you might not be into it. I'm sorry it couldn't be cheaper but I have to make some of my money back. Hope you understand.

I play both, but honestly like 3 cushion the most. My apologies if my comment offended you. I wish you the best of luck. I understand the need to make your money back.

High-run-14

Registered
Mr Ricardo ,

Please book for me 4 seats and 2 sessions with Blomdahl !
Fer favor,

Money sent via (money order)

Thanks for promoting 3 cushion billiards in this country, We need more people like you.

See you soon !

Money received! See you in June!

High-run-14

Registered
Thanks for all you do for 3 cushion billiards Ricardo!
I cant make it till friday but i would give a kidney to see & have a clinic by T B and Raymond C!! $100 bucks is nothing compared to the experience to just see the best of the best! Period

I might have to change it from $100 to $105 now that Blomdahl is the new #1 in the UMB World Ranking. J/K

See you at the tournament!