View Single Post
Unbeleivable resluts and easy to teach this way...
Old
  (#7)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Unbeleivable resluts and easy to teach this way... - 04-21-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
I was one of the fortunate 12 that Gene generously gave a lesson to. I was dumbfounded to find out that with pocketing balls I am left eye dominant while right eye dominant for all other aiming actions.

Gene was a patient teacher who has a gift for explaining his way of pocketing balls easier. His methods are for real and anyone who wonders how did I miss that or sees certain shots with doubt should investigate Gene's methods.

I have no doubt that by using Perfect Aim to sight my shots it will help me become a better player.

Thanks Gene for sharing your knowledge and time,I wish I would have had this info years ago.

TommyT
I did a phone lesson a few years back with Tom. When I asked him if the phone lesson helped him back then he said no, he didn't think so. He was being honest because it didn't. This is why the video lesson was so much better because I could make sure that we both knew Tom was left eye dominant, When I was watching him I would make sure he was doing what I wanted him to do because I could see if it wasn't getting done. I could see immediately that he was left eye dominant. Then and only then could I start to get the stance, the stroke and the angle of his body in the most correct position. The first step was making sure which eye was dominant. Everything that I showed Tom I made sure that he saw it with his own eyes so he knew it was correct. Playing for years himself Tom does so many good things that all we had to do was tweak this a little and that a little and he was there. If something is going to work it will work right now. If it makes things worse it probably is worse. With this pool playing there are no 2 best ways to do anything. From traveling and teaching, I would still play in some pro events. When I wanted to see the best way to do something as far as lining up, stroke, stance or you name it, I would sit and watch about 10 of the other pros for 5 or 10 minutes and see how they were doing this one part of the game. Break it down to one small part. If 8 out of 10 were doing it the same way, Well, that was probably the best way to do it, especially if the best of the best were doing it that way. So when someone gets a lesson from me they get a very carefully thought out, figured out, with many years of experience teaching professionally, professional lesson. . In the 5 years traveling around the USA I did around 2,000 full lessons usually 3 to 5 hours long. That's a lot of teaching and a lot of learning. Both ways. I was learning how to teach at an accelerated speed. Plus I was learning things all the time and sometimes figured out some stuff that nobody understands or teaches. Many of these things I was unable to teach over the phone without the visual of the video. The video of me seeing the player was so huge. This will be the future of teaching in pool. This will give the best teachers in the country to reach so many other players. I want to Thank Tom for his patients helping me get video hooked up so we could make this work. Good luck with your game there Tom and in a few weeks there is no player on the planet with your rating will have a chance to beat you. I can guarantee that for sure.