4 point Richard Black FS

UK-Collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well I am moving house soon and need to raise money for new furniture so I must sell my Richard Black.

It is a classic cue with a stunning birds eye forearm with 4 eb ony points with 4 veneers (black, white, black, white). The butt is ebony with a delrin buttcap. Silver ring at the joint and a smooth black lether wrap. 2 shafts 13mm with new tips, kamuii black and sniper.

58"
I will confirm exact weight but its around 19oz.

The cue is used but not abused. There are 2 dings in the butt that I have tried to show on the pics. The new owner will be very happy with the cue and it is in god condition, I just want to be as honest as I can. It does need a new stopper, I was going to get one from Richard but there doesn't seem to be any point as it will take ages to post.

I am looking for $1250 shipped but Insurance is at the buyers cost if required.. As I mentionedI want cash not trades, although I will consider partial trades.

b8d013bd.jpg

a73eae54.jpg

bb3f1476.jpg

22b29e42.jpg

860b8f84.jpg

Last edited:

Lazerrus

I LUV CURLY MAPLE!!!!!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Just my opinion. Your cue is in the $1,000 to $1,200 range given condition and construction. Hope this helps. Good luck with the sale!:grin:

Last edited:

UK-Collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well thats not far off what i thought. The condition isn't bad, I just want to be as honest as possible. I was thinking $1300 but will consider offers.

Tommyd1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I personally think your price is fine for this cue. I love the veneer colors, very Gus Szamboti like.

I wish I would have seen this a week ago, just bought a cue from Marcus, but this is my dream cue.

I have owned a few of Richards cues and I've always liked the way they play, and your right - he's a Hall Of Fame cue maker. Can't get much better than that !

Good luck with your sale, someones going to get a keeper thats for sure. Sorry you have to sell it.

Tommyd1

player52

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Really sorry too see you let it go. This is very nice playing cue, and, you said it right Tommy, real keeper. It is more than 30% cheaper than new one, from Hall of Fame cue maker. Nice deal.
Graeme is also very friendly, fair and a nice guy to deal with.
Good luck with your sale.
P.S. Don't be sad if you do not sell it. I'm sure you will be glad in couple of years... ;)

player52

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Cue was ordered in April, delivered to me on August 25. 2007. I will never forget that day when I got my first custom cue. :smile:
Shafts weight is 4.15 oz (if I remember correctly). And they are in great shape. Cleaned, never sanded or abused, full 13 mm. 1' ivory ferrule. Nice wood, beautiful (medium soft) hit. Great feeling, nice feedback.
More than a year I used Z-2 also (trying to "find" myself :smile: ) I know it ruins my game, but I just love trying different cues... Can't help it.

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I think that is a bit harsh. Its basically 2 dings in the butt. Its an $1800 cue new from a hall of fame maker. A refinish of the butt section will be about $120 or so.

Pretty much a rule of thumb is 50-60 percent of what they cost new and that is if they DONT need refinished. I had one of his 6-window cues on here that had already been refinished By Richard with a leather wrap so it was flawless and couldn't get $1250 for it. I can guarantee you that Richard isnt going to refinish it for $120 because I've had him refinish 2 and know what it costs. Good luck with your sale though...the Richard Black in my avatar is my main player and I agree that his cues play awesome!

MasterClass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Does anyone have any problems with shipping from UK?

It was suppose to be a 4+ day shipping but it has been more then 2 weeks and still no news.

Apparently the tracking from parcel force does not work also. Does anyone know what parcel force is?

I hope the cue turns up ok.